Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

Blazers Trim the Roster

The Portland Trail Blazers have waived five players in advance of their season opener on Wednesday night against the Los Angeles Lakers.

Guards Demonte Harper, Justin Holiday and Coby Karl, and forwards Dallas Lauderdale and Adam Morrison were waived, the team announced Saturday.

Harper and Lauderdale will report to the Blazers' NBA Development League team, the Idaho Stampede.
    down to 15

vCash
    Sasha earned some pretty big minutes in Utah... looking like Stotts prefered his playoff experience on our young roster.... Serbians can play.. just ask Batum

vCash
    No surprises, though it is disappointing the headless chicken is still around.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    No surprises, though it is disappointing the headless chicken is still around.
    who is that?

vCash
    Babbit.

vCash
    Anytime he tries to move with the ball or do anything but catch and shoot he is a complete embarrassment and makes me want to puke. He is the least coordinated person to play a sport past 4th grade.

vCash
    He was KP's last FU to us, he must have pissed his pants laughing so hard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shen View Post
    He was KP's last FU to us, he must have pissed his pants laughing so hard.
    i agree with you, but at the same time, last year babbit showed progress. still not good. but progress. he will never be a starter, probably never a 6th man, but at some point could be a good role player.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RC27 View Post
    i agree with you, but at the same time, last year babbit showed progress. still not good. but progress. he will never be a starter, probably never a 6th man, but at some point could be a good role player.

Stretch 4 and showed he could rebound... LMA, Dirk,,, stretch NBA teams need shooters lets see what the season unfolds. Claver could be a headache for Babbit too

We don't need huge minutes from our bench just spot duty I'm thinking Freeland, Leonard, Jefferies, Claver, Sasha, Price see the majority of the pie
    Last edited by Red Hot Rolllin; 10-28-2012 at 11:15 AM.

vCash
    yeah, but all it cost was Martel who sucked also.

vCash
    Babbit, Barton, and Smith need to step up in practice or they will be warming chairs

vCash
    Smith has been terrible so far

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Mopp View Post
    Smith has been terrible so far

I agreed, it seems that Smith has lost his rotation spot once Price comes back. But we only have one game's worth of Price to draw from. I would expect both players to be in/out of the rotation during the course of the year.

Only solid rotation players will be Leonard, Freeland, and Sasha. Batum and Matthews will be asked to share the extra minutes. That last game Lillard played 38 minutes. I expect that to be closer to the norm--leaving Price/Smith to fill in the extra 10 mins. That means that the coach doesn't have faith in you and your merely a filler for rest.

I expect Matthews to maybe get a little point action if Smith/Price don't work out. (This would happen if Lillard gets in early foul trouble and coach doesn't want to play Smith/Price 20 minutes)

vCash
    Smith was a wasted pick. I don't know what any GM saw in him to ever warrant taking him. He played at Duke and could shoot, that was it. He barely was able to beat anybody off the dribble. Dumb pick, hated it since it happened and even more now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kingjaymes23 View Post
    Smith was a wasted pick. I don't know what any GM saw in him to ever warrant taking him. He played at Duke and could shoot, that was it. He barely was able to beat anybody off the dribble. Dumb pick, hated it since it happened and even more now
    K Faired was the pick.. everyone knew it... can't go back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast