Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

The only logical reason drummond won't start

I personally think we should start him day 1. But i also think the pistons don't want to start him because we could make the playoffs, lose our pick. That's the only logical reason i could come up with. Drummond is a game changer on both ends no other rookie is on his level besides davis.

vCash
    Or it's because rookies usually don't start. , they sit him because they don't want to lose a pick? No stop it.

Don't **** with the Dirty D

vCash
    I mentioned it earlier in another thread (don't remember which) but, due to the longer NBA season than the college one maybe Frank is thinking about easing Drummond in so he has energy towards the end of the season. It's not like we are competing for a championship so he can afford to ease Drummond in and get his body prepared for the long season.

Catches: 23 Yards: 210 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    I mentioned it earlier in another thread (don't remember which) but, due to the longer NBA season than the college one maybe Frank is thinking about easing Drummond in so he has energy towards the end of the season. It's not like we are competing for a championship so he can afford to ease Drummond in and get his body prepared for the long season.
    With as many threads as there are how can you remember? Lol

vCash
    I posted it relatively recently so that's how I remember lol. I'm too lazy to go find it though.

Catches: 23 Yards: 210 TDs: 1

vCash
    Haha, I bet you're right mike. They want to lose and risk their jobs!
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash

He's gonna eat up starters minutes if he keeps his performance up whether he starts or not.

The only logical reason? No. If he wants to start, he'll fight for it. They're not just gonna hand the man the keys and put a bunch of pressure on him. If he kicks *** in practice he'll start and he'll feel really confident. If they just start him and expect a double double every night that's alotta pressure on the young guy. The dude's 19! The same age as shyfly and myself, they look at him like most a the people in this forum look at us. You know, kids or whatever lol. This has been a Detroit thing for a while, making people earn their starting position. (although Max shouldn't be starting) It's not the end of the season they're thinking about, they take it game by game. If Drum takes it step by step, he'll be better off.

At least that's what I think.

vCash
    I would rather give him the starting job and make him keep it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    Monroe seemed to wear down a bit at the end of last season. I say go the Duncan route with both of them. Give them each 30-32 mins per after the break. Then they become Pistons for the next 10 yrs. Remember Robinson and Duncan? We have the $ to find good players to fill in the gaps on our team. We also have Jerebko,Singler, Kravstov to help ease the pain.