Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: What should the Mets do with Jon Rauch?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Keep, he was one of the best pen arms for the Mets

5 45.45%
  • Dump, let him go, too expensive and too inconsistent

6 54.55%

Thread: Jon Rauch

vCash

Jon Rauch

Vote for what you think the Met should do with Rauch.

vCash
    I would keep personally but i know he is going to be too expensive this offseason to re-sign so i guess they will pass.

They should bring him back as closer's insurance because he has previous experience and FF sucks.

He was their best reliever for a very long stretch of the season last year and honestly i don't trust Parnell to close yet.

vCash
    Dump this loser. I don't want to here about his little hot streaks when it didn't matter he imploded in big spots and was a key cog in this bullpen's suckish efforts all season long.

Say goodbye and remake the pen with other players. We need a complete revamp of talent.

Im not saying Rauch wasn't ok for us (0.99 WHIP and 45 Hits in 57 IP with 16 HLDS) but it's time to remake the pen and his 7 loses mean he is not welcome given our limited payroll and better options we may be able to snag on the cheap.
    Last edited by Vintage; 10-27-2012 at 03:04 PM.

vCash
    I think he should be brought back for bullpen depth. I'd rather have him than bring in some 100K dollar scrub who's going to suck it up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MetsFanatic19 View Post
    I think he should be brought back for bullpen depth. I'd rather have him than bring in some 100K dollar scrub who's going to suck it up.
    This..

But the Mets are cheap and although i understand people justifying it through "relievers are bipolar year to year" it would be nice to have a more established reliever with proven major league success out there.

The young guys are great but i am sure they are going to take a few licks next year with all that inexperience.

Brooklyn to Denver to L.A. to Denver and back to L.A.
    vCash
    This one's easy.

Dump.

Can We Win 45 Games In The 2nd Half.....

Mets Dieharder Since '63
    Broncos Dieharder Since '73
    Los Angeles Kings Dieharder Since 1987
    Los Angeles Kings 2012 and 2014 Stanley Cup Champions -
    Denver Rockets/Nuggets Dieharder Since '73

ua you're gone, but never forgotten, R.I.P.

vCash
    I think Rauch has performed much better than some of you guys think he did. He had 3.59 ERA, his lowest BB/9 rate since 2008, his lowest H/9 rate and WHIP of his career (excluding 2004 where he pitched around 30 less innings than this year). He bounced back very good after had struggled and had the twitter incidents where he got nothing but "you suck" and "kill yourself" tweets.

vCash
    A can of raid for this Roach. Dump

vCash
    Rauch had his moments.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."