Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Predictions Thread

Make your predictions for the 2013 season!

Who do you think will be our MVP?

Steph Curry or Andrew Bogut: who will play more games and how many games do each play?

Where will Harrison Barnes rank in ROY voting?

Does Monta finally become an All-Star?

Is this the year where we have a player represent us in the All-Star game?

Do we make any trades?

Do the Dubs finally make the playoffs? If they dont, which other team(s) made it ahead of us?

Who wins the West? East

Which teams make it to the Finals?

Who will be the 2013 Champs?

Any other predictions?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SugeKnight View Post
    Make your predictions for the 2013 season!

Who do you think will be our MVP? Steph Curry

Steph Curry or Andrew Bogut: who will play more games and how many games do each play? Steph curry plays 67 games and andrew bogut plays 55-60 games

Where will Harrison Barnes rank in ROY voting? He will put up decent numbers if the team starts tanking- but the voters will not reward those numbers.

Does Monta finally become an All-Star? dont care anymore

Is this the year where we have a player represent us in the All-Star game? Klay thompson, and harrison barnes will both be in the rookie all star game

Do we make any trades? If things arent going well- the warriors make a package to try and get an impact player at the deadline. The package they make is going to take away from the teams depth though.

Do the Dubs finally make the playoffs? If they dont, which other team(s) made it ahead of us? it depdns on that midseason trade

Who wins the West? East Lakers and Heat, Heat win the finals- kobe looks older in the playoffs

Which teams make it to the Finals? answered

Who will be the 2013 Champs? answered

Any other predictions?
    If the team extends curry before the season- his number of games could drop.

Bogut comes back, but has a bit of an off year

Richard jefferson or andris beidrins are included in that midseason deal along with jack, landry, rush, jenkins, or possibly tyler in some sort of 2 or 3 for one deal.

If the warriors start to tank- they wont get lucky enough to retain their pick and the tanking will prove to be for no reward.

If this team has another seriously dissapointing year- mark jackson will step down as head coach. and the rest of the media will never blame mark jackson for the teams records when he was here. Jeff Vangundy will claim that the team was not good enough to compete.

If this team is tanking the last few months of the season- there will be another incident in some form or fashion thats similer to the lacob booing situation.

If this team misses the playoffs and even if they are outright tanking- there will be a group of posters standing by agreeing with and supporting everything they do... believing bob fitzgerald when he says how great things are going to be next year.

A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Ws making playoffs depends on other teams perf. as much as their own.

SI says no, with reason. Says Curry and Thompson only players on team not over rated. Supportable conclusion. Oh, Andris isn't over rated....

Personally, I think Curry is over rated. His skills are really playground skills, his drive and dish is ugly. Some team mate is going to break a nose going after his weak pass.

Hope I'm all wrong. Go Ws

vCash
    Stylez, I'm worried about you, you are now getting negative with nothing to base it on. Just a month ago you were actually sounding positive.

Curry plays 72, Bogut plays 70.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoots View Post
    Stylez, I'm worried about you, you are now getting negative with nothing to base it on. Just a month ago you were actually sounding positive.

Right??? He has to bring negative stuff up for no reason at all...its almost like he'd rather be correct in his assumptions than have us win....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by winwarriorslose View Post
    Right??? He has to bring negative stuff up for no reason at all...its almost like he'd rather be correct in his assumptions than have us win....
    could not be further from the truth, I thought my proposed bet suggested that. Id rather be wrong. Infact Id be happy PAYING YOU and buying you playoff tickets if it meant I was wrong.

vCash

hmmm- I thought ive made the reasons for my concerns pretty clear. But to sum it up- the amount of uncertainty about key players causes me a lot of doubt considering the direction things have gone for this organization in recent years. (Bogut isnt even on a tenative timeline- when most people were saying he would be playing at the time of the trade.- Im not sure how that isnt considered a significant concern at the least- and a potential disaster if history is any indication of how these things end up going.)

vCash
    I'm not gonna go with your prediction, so ill make my own.

Record: 46-36
    Team MVP: D.Lee
    Leading Scorer: D.Lee (21 Points Per Game)
    Leading Assist-man: S.Curry (7 Assist Per Game)
    Leading Rebounder: A.Bogut (11 Rebounds Per Game)

Quote Originally Posted by Monta is beast View Post
    If Currys defense is so bad, why do the warriors have the third best defensive team in the league? Why do opposing point guards have a less than average per of 14.9 when Curry is in the game? Why does curry LEAD the nba with a plus minus of +416.
    Quote Originally Posted by alexander_37 View Post
    You can rattle off all of the stats you want with no context whatsoever. You still said Curry is the 4th best player in the league.
    I guess stats aren't factual when rattled off?

vCash
    I have to agree with stylez here. As negative as he always is, hes made it clear before that he wants to be proven wrong. Its twisted logic in a sense, and i have called him out on it myself on many occasions, but he makes valid points for the most part.

Like the andrew bogut thing, and how he said he would be ready by training camp, then the season opener etc etc..yet no timetable or setbacks have been reported..my guess is that the FO doesnt want to alert fans, given currys ankle situation, as it is more than enough to have us "trip".

My point is, im just waiting for him to come back, and i havent questioned why he hasnt been in training camp when he said he would...so i commend stylez for that.

Kinda like steinmetz..and how he found stories to talk about during the lockout.

Matt Stylementz.

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    Let me be clear ... I know Stylez is a fan and that his greatest desire as a fan of the Warriors is for them to win it all. My point was that his negativity is reaching the level it was at toward the end of last year, while not long ago he was expressing guarded optimism.

If ever there is a time for optimism it's the week before the start of a season!

Stylez ... Is OKC tanking by making a trade that makes their team worse for this year?

vCash
    ^^ You are right thats usually true. I felt better about the warriors after jackson said he gaurenteed the playoffs last yr... than I did a week after the bogut trade when it was clear they were trying to lose.

This year they didnt even wait till the season started to milk injuries (when a player is cleared to play.... and he is just sitting out to be extra cautious- thats kind of milking). If its trendy for key players to miss games right away- that trend is hard to kill midseason (based on other warriors seasons)

As far as OKC goes. I dont care what OKC does. All of my energy and stress is on the warriors actions and decisions. I really only care how the warriors do. Its like asking me about the decision of somebody elses kid..... If I was an OKC fan, that trade would bother me a lot though. If you have a core group of players that has a chance to compete for a championship fo the next 5-6 yrs atleast. I think you do whatever it takes to keep the key pieces together (even if it means going into luxury). The scary thing about that is- their key players are not even close to hitting their prime yet.

vCash
    And they now have 5 picks next year!

BTW, the Warriors can trade 1st round picks. The restriction is that they can't trade picks in consecutive years so they can trade their 2015 1st round pick today if they wanted to, and if, somehow (trade, horrible season) they retain their first round pick this year they could then trade the 2014 pick.

vCash
    And they now have 5 picks next year!

BTW, the Warriors can trade 1st round picks. The restriction is that they can't trade picks in consecutive years so they can trade their 2015 1st round pick today if they wanted to, and if, somehow (trade, horrible season) they retain their first round pick this year they could then trade the 2014 pick.
    Id have to look it up, but I dont think they could trade the 2015 pick right now. the reason for that is that there is still a chance that the 2014 pick is traded away. (if they do bad enough this year). In which case the 2014 and 2015 picks would be traded- not allowed. The marcus williams trade was absolutely horrible on many different levels. Other than marcus williams not being worth a first round pick- the trade likely killed dozens of potential conversations over the next 5 yrs to bring in talent.

vCash
    MVP=Steph Curry

Curry Plays more games

Barnes finishes 3rd in ROY voting after Anthony Davis and Damian Lillard.

Monta becomes an allstar, and backs up D-Wade.

Curry is an allstar.

Maybe a small trade deadline deal.

Dubs make the playoffs as a 7 seed

Lakers win the west
    Heat win the east

Heat win it all

vCash
    IIRC if the Warriors keep their first this year then the Jazz get 2 2nd round picks with no protection, thus making the 2015 1st tradeable now since there is no way the Jazz get the 2014 1st.

And yes the Marcus Williams trade was easily one of the worst I have ever seen, and what hurts even more is that there was a clause in the trade that if Williams was cut before a certain date then he would have just cost a 2nd round pick, but Nelson, who didn't care about the franchise at all, kept him, and kept him on the bench for the remainder of the year thus causing the tank job last year AND the loss of this years 1st round pick for a worthless player he didn't even play.
    Last edited by Scoots; 10-29-2012 at 11:27 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast