Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Greg Monroe mentioned as breakout player, Pistons as surprise team by SI

By Patrick Hayes • 2:47 pm • October 29, 2012

Sports Illustrated compiled a list of preseason predictions from its NBA experts, and the Pistons got a couple of mentions. Lee Jenkins selected Greg Monroe as his breakout player:

The list of skilled centers in the NBA doesn’t include more than five names, and Greg Monroe should be one of them. Monroe is not enormous by league standards — 6-foot-11, 250 pounds — but he is shockingly nimble. In only his second season, Monroe led the Pistons in points, rebounds and even steals, but received little recognition because his team was such an afterthought. The Pistons won’t be much better, but they drafted 270-pound power forward Andre Drummond, who should command some attention and free up Monroe to produce even more.
    Chris Mannix picked the Pistons as his surprise team:

Much of the Pistons’ success hinges on the backcourt of Brandon Knight and Rodney Stuckey, as well as Corey Maggette’s not souring the mix. But if things fall right, Detroit could sneak up on some people. The Pistons have a rising star in Greg Monroe, and rookie Andre Drummond’s strong preseason suggests that he is ready to pair with Monroe in an intimidating frontcourt.
    http://www.pistonpowered.com/2012/10...s-illustrated/

Detroit Lions (10-4)
    AAL - Teryl Austin (Defensive Coordinator)

-----
    Detroit Pistons (5-19)
    #MaxMooseMonroe

vCash
    If everything falls right the Pistons could be a playoff team. I see us more of a spoiler this year that no one wants to face at the end of the season.

Catches: 19 Yards: 171 TDs: 1

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    If everything falls right the Pistons could be a playoff team. I see us more of a spoiler this year that no one wants to face at the end of the season.
    "Uhhhh...that would be pretty cool, Beavis...huh..huh...huh":

"Lions, Tigers and Pistons, OH MY!" (and Hoosiers...and Redwings....)

vCash
    ^ lol wtf

vCash
    Why do people keep classifying Monroe as the C and Drummond as a PF? Just like my complaint about Yahoo keeping Dre at PF and robbing me of a valuable fantasy position!

vCash
    I agree with SI. Monroe is going to be an impact player sooner than later. As for the team's playoff's chances; I don't know if we make the playoffs but we'll make things interesting.
    With the deepest of regrets I am announcing that I will be leaving Pro Sports Daily. No reason in particular but wanted to thank everyone for a great 6 years here. Lots of great discussion and good poll series as well. Also fun re-drafts. Best of luck to you all in the future.