Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    vCash
    Philly is a good team be we looked like ****. Ty needs to be more aggressive. Iggy needs to play better. Dre forced, but no one else wanted to shoot so **** go ahead. McGee looked like a bum. Faried underwhelmed with some bad turnovers. Chandler is recovering so i will give hime slack. Brewer played pretty bad.

1)Gallo- we need him back
    2)Our Center- Tonight showed everyone the Kosta deserves to start.
    3)Youngins- JHam needs to play more. Fournier played well in little amount of time.

vCash
    WTF was this game ????

Farried 17min ???? McGee 18min ???
    Line-up like Ty-Miller-Fournier-Brewer-Koufos in the fourth quarter ? Who is gonna take the rebonds or defends the bigs ? Koufos can't do it all.

Stupid management of the rotation !!!!

vCash
    Didn't catch any bit of the game...but 75 points?? this ain't college basketball..that is really pathetic.

Brewer and igua had a case of butter fingers. 5 and 4 TO's respectively and shot like ****. We can't rely on them to score anyway...relying on Brewer is a big no no I am telling you...stay away from that.

Ty didn't have a bad game...5 rebs, 7 assists, 0 turnovers, 16 points, 7-17 shooting, and 1-2 from 3..That's not bad at all. But coming off a big pay day...kinda hoping he would go off...wishful thinking I suppose..but again it doesn't seem like a bad game from him.

McGee..well I like the 7 rebs (4 offensive) in 18 minutes..I do like that. Not much of a factor scoring wise...but like he was ever going to be a scoring threat. Same goes for Faried, he hit the boards very well..just 17 minutes though...their defense must of been lacking.

The one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb....Jordan Hamilton...13 minutes of play....why??

Props to the 19 year old Frenchman. I would of never thought Karl would of went to him at all this season.

vCash
    Evan Fournier seemed good.

vCash
    How bad was this game??

We haven't ended a game scoring in the 70's since 2008 (I believe).

The good news?

That was the year we made it to the Western Conference Finals...

Humm...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    Didn't catch any bit of the game...but 75 points?? this ain't college basketball..that is really pathetic.

Brewer and igua had a case of butter fingers. 5 and 4 TO's respectively and shot like ****. We can't rely on them to score anyway...relying on Brewer is a big no no I am telling you...stay away from that.

Ty didn't have a bad game...5 rebs, 7 assists, 0 turnovers, 16 points, 7-17 shooting, and 1-2 from 3..That's not bad at all. But coming off a big pay day...kinda hoping he would go off...wishful thinking I suppose..but again it doesn't seem like a bad game from him.

McGee..well I like the 7 rebs (4 offensive) in 18 minutes..I do like that. Not much of a factor scoring wise...but like he was ever going to be a scoring threat. Same goes for Faried, he hit the boards very well..just 17 minutes though...their defense must of been lacking.

The one thing that sticks out like a sore thumb....Jordan Hamilton...13 minutes of play....why??

Props to the 19 year old Frenchman. I would of never thought Karl would of went to him at all this season.
    Ty Lawson played worse than his line indicates. He wasn't looking to score which has alot to do with the low score. He had i believe 1 attempt with 4 minutes remaining in the second quarter. Iggy just tried to facilitate too much and that led to turnovers. I thought Brewer was Denvers worse player. Stupid plays, less energy then normal. Jordan needs to play more when we can't score. McGee just couldn't finish.

Ty played like Nene tonight. Someone who wasn't aggressive, and needs to want to score. The second half he shot alot more which was encouraging, but those points were with Holliday off the court.

vCash
    We need new coach...

vCash
    We played good defense,but our offense is what bothered me the most..we need Gallo back but we also need to slow down the game if we see that it doesn't work like that..we made 10-15 TO on runing..and we also needed Randolph to play D on Hawes and to make some space for Iggy and Lawson so they can do what they do best..You can't play Lawson,Iggy and then put McGee,Faried down there...we have so many different players and we have to use all of them..so some lineup of Lawson,Iggy,Gallo,Faried,Koufos could be fine..Lawson,JHam,Gallo,Faried,McGee is fine..but Lawson,Iggy,Brewer,Faried,McGee just won't do it..atleas put Randolph and Koufos/Chandler(at 4 Randolph at 5 if its Chandler)...We really have to think about hiring new coach if this doesn't work like this..maybe Sloan if he wants to coach us?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    How bad was this game??

We haven't ended a game scoring in the 70's since 2008 (I believe).

The good news?

That was the year we made it to the Western Conference Finals...

Humm...
    Good point bk.

FRom watchind this game, nuggets looked no different than the team we saw in the preseason. On court chemistry seemed to be lacking. It was the first game of the season, despite how annoying it was to lose this game, im sure the nuggets arn't going to play any worse than they did tonite. One thing i noticed was ty lawsons lack of killer instinct in the first 2 quater and a bit. He finally started trying to take over in the last quater, and we almost made a comeback. Ty lawson needs to do what he did in that last quater, for 4 quaters... Simple as that

https://scloud.com/skipaterner/getting-older-by-the-dayound
    Just a fellow long time PSD user, please listen to track ya'll, appreciate it

vCash
    I won't blame anything on anyone just yet. Too early. Nuggets will bounce back from this.

vCash
    Exactly, haha, one game, and it was against one of the top defensive teams of last year. This is, again, the Nuggets having to "find their identity" at the start of the season. Maybe WE should be running the Princeton Offense.

vCash
    It was a pretty bad game on part of the Nuggets. There was very little effort out there, only good thing to pull from this game was the defense looked decent. Ty was in cruise control until the 4th quarter. That's when he became aggressive, needs to play that for 4 full quarters. Fournier was a bright spot off the bench along with JHam, did some good work on the boards. McGee and Faried were both in there in the third quarter but they were not effective on the defensive or offensive side, they were also getting outworked on the boards. I would've liked to see JHam in there instead of Miller in the 4th quarter. Miller started strong but played pretty bad in the second half.

vCash
    Faried and McGee getting some tough love from Karl. It's clear they are not doing what Karl expects them to do.

Very few minutes for both and none on crunch time. GK sending a message, it's doesn't matter what your contract size is or how much love you get from the media. You don't do what GK wants, you ride the pine.

I loved Fourniers confidence. He made a couple of big shots and also a few mistakes. But I like his confidence. Shades of Ginobili/Harden in how he plays. Would like to see him run some pick and roll and get to the rim off the screen.

Chandler, looked like a basketball player out there. He was sluggish still but I liked the positives. Chandler's D and versatility are gonna be huge come the business end of the season.

Ty Lawson looked good in the 4th quarter. I understand he wants to get everyone going for 3 quarters and then take over in the 4th if needed. But I would like him to be more aggressive in the first quarter just to kick start th offense. Sort of like game 6 against the Lakers where he just starts the momentum.

We missed Gallinari and his aggressiveness yesterday.

Overall too much passiveness from our shooters and stupidly leaving points on the line cost us the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Manimal View Post
    GK sending a message, it's doesn't matter what your contract size is or how much love you get from the media. You don't do what GK wants, you ride the pine.

vCash
    For me this is just so disappointing, and I know its game one but there are still some major red flags... all the issues we would potentially worry about happened and they happen right off the bat, and instead of making a statement you come out flat. Things to worry about this year that all showed their face in this game.

1) Ty not being aggressive enough
    2) Karl finding a way to field a stupid line up
    3) Wilson Chandler looking sluggish
    4) McGhee not taking the next step
    5) Faried not improving (everything seems like his energy just isn't the same, hope im wrong)
    6) Still can't hit a three
    7) Andre being sloppy with the ball
    8) Gallo can't stay healthy.... out game one!
    9) Jham not getting time
    10) Brewer thinking he's a top scoring option

We weren't aggressive enough, to many head fakes and hesitation, like no one wanted to shoot....and we still got blocked 11 times. Hopefully Gallo steps back in and just becomes the guy, because if there is a player on this team that has the attitude to be the guy its probably him. Only real positive thing was, Lawson did step up a little late, Fournier looked good and confident and I think he's going to be a player we will all love, and even though Iggy didn't shoot well and he traveled 8 times, think only 2 or 3 were called, his D is as good as advertised, and I loved watching him move around and disrupt that end of the floor. He can also distrubute, just need someone to finish.

Say it ain't so Von say it ain't so!!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast