Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Sixers fan here...

One mans garbage is another mans gold. With that said, how are you guys liking Andre Iguodala?
    Pay attention. You might learn something.

vCash
    Can't complain with what I'm seeing with Igua. Been as advertised...a bit rusty on his offense but definitely see the potential to run and gun with the style we have.

I'm a happy camper.

vCash
    hopefully he gets his fg% up and points up too...hes on my fantasy team hahaa...but he is doing solid work defensively

vCash
    He'll get his points. He is under the same ideology as faried. If you hustle..you'll get 10 points easy..anything else he offers is skill.

Less shooting and more driving though..his play making ability is what really sets him away from AAAA. Although AAAA is the better perimeter shooter.

vCash
    lets just say its kind of reassuring to have a player who hold himself defensively against the westbrooks/kobe's in this league

https://scloud.com/skipaterner/getting-older-by-the-dayound
    Just a fellow long time PSD user, please listen to track ya'll, appreciate it

vCash
    He is an all-star without the ego. Someone who fits George Karl's system very well. Denver needed a playmaker at the 2 and a defensive leader.

I think Iguodala is the perfect fit. Someone who will rebound and get out on the break. Denver is a stronger team with Iguodala so excited to see how he contributes throughout the season.

vCash
    Hes a good fit in karls system which is a good thing since the management seems to have unwavering faith in Karl.

vCash
    I consider him an All-star. He won't put up 20+ a game but he makes up for it in other areas. Great ball handler and rebounder.

vCash
    Charlie at RMC made a comment after the last game (Clippers) that Iguodala "was clearly frustrated by the Nuggets’ lack of communication against the pick and roll". I'm hopeful he'll channel that frustration as the team's defensive leader to whip his teammates into shape. One thing this team lost in Kenyon Martin was that defensive captain presence.
    I blog basketball at Roundball Mining Company///Twitter: @denbutsu

Atheists Of PSD

vCash
    K-mart wasn't even all that good of a defensive captain. He didn't seem to whip his teammates into shape considering they too were poor defensively but he did bring toughness down low...I'll give him that.

This just falls on Karl at this point. Igua is a fantastic defender...but if he's the only one getting off picks and rolls, rotating to his guy, getting active in passing lines and man to man defense while hitting the boards....it's useless. He'll be like AAAA and folks are going to start to target him because he's not bringing much offensively due to the fact that he's using so much energy on the defensive side.

This team has to BUY into playing defense. Isn't that the coaches job to get them to do that??

vCash
    But I will add though this is where Wilson Chandler comes in. If he's healthy and in shape...we WILL be a dramatically improved defensive squad. Karl will actually have a reason to go small..check this out..

Lawson
    Ill Will
    Igua
    Gallo
    McGee/Koufos/Faried..

That is our best defensive lineup. Ill Will and Igua do a tremendous job hitting the boards..so that helps with McGee's tendency of not hitting the boards or Faried's lack of size or Koufos' lack of athleticism.

Ill Will and Igua do a good job getting off screens and rotating while Gallo helps in that aspect as well.

This lineup forces Ty and Gallo to take over while Ill Will and Igua are both capable of hitting a tough shot and creating their own shot..

Ill Will and Igua are incredibly versatile. They can guard 2-4 as well as anyone. Of course they aren't perfectly suited to guard every 2-4 but they at least give you a option to do so.

McGee/koufos/Faried are just there to be a presence down low and hit the boards while cleaning up the glass.

Everybody is capable with the perimeter shooting (excluding the bigs of course). Gallo will be the primary perimeter shooter but those guys on the floor can hit the 3.

That's the best small lineup you can possibly have. Against teams that are bigger or go post play more often than not (Memphis)..you can Gallo on Randolph and McGee on Gasol..that's not a terrible matchup.

Against teams that don't really go inside at all (OKC)..you have Gallo on Ibaka, McGee on Collision/Perkins..while Ill Will gets Westbrook, Igua gets Durant, and Ty on Harden. Again, not all that terrible of matchups..
    Last edited by BRAVE KID; 10-27-2012 at 01:48 AM.

vCash
    best defensive lineup is ty, iggy, chandler, faried, mcgee. gallo aint great on d. iggy is the man, i think he was a great stepping stone for this team, but he is not the piece that put's us over the top. i believe we are now one piece away though. iggy is definitely a great pice for this team.