Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Official by Laker OC Register Beat Writer Kevin Ding. Both Charter and VerizonFios have struck a deal!

KEVIN DING
    ‏@KevinDing
    Fios. YES!!!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bluefire7002 View Post
    look in the threads already created on here... but as of now you cant watch the lakers
    wait not even on NBA league pass? i have been reading along but i have been confused by all this usually all the games are on NBA league pass or some type of web site

vCash
    Yes fios.

vCash
    The only thing I haven't read is wether or not its a basic channel or will we have to call and subscribe. I would also like to know the per subscriber price they settled on.

The lost boys

vCash

Breaking News: Charter Communications is the 1st to Strike a Deal With Time Warner!

If any of you fios customers call, can you ask if they will also give the channel to those outside of the so cal area? Thanks

vCash
    what channel is it on fios?

vCash
    Come on Directv. Step up to the plate

vCash
    Well I hope Dish Network plays ball because I am tired of waiting. NBA TV even blacked out 2 Lakers Preseason games which was crazy. I think if Dish strikes a deal DTV should not be far behind and TWC knows this. TWC Stocks are going to go up a lot in the next few months.
    [/IMG]

vCash
    I called Charter and they said the channel will be available by Oct. 31. The lady told me that she doesn't know if we're going to have to pay money for the channel, but if not, then the channel will automatically appear. Otherwise, you'll have to call and subscribe.

vCash
    I spoke to 5 different vios reps called 5 different times. And fios users will NOT have to pay a monthly fee.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dru_562 View Post
    I spoke to 5 different vios reps called 5 different times. And fios users will NOT have to pay a monthly fee.

correct...that was part of time warner's negotiation requirements...they want all providers to provide the channel in their basic line up, and not require costumers pay extra for a tier channel.

Time Warner Cable is seeking $3.95 for SportsNet and Deportes (the Spanish-language sports channel), a price that seems incompatible for any of the other carriers to accept. Cox wanted to put the channel on a specialty tier reserved for sports networks, but they were ultimately rebuffed and no deal was made.

Here is the statement issued by Time Warner Cable Sports.

October 24, 2012 - Los Angeles, CA - With the Los Angeles Lakers, LA Galaxy and Los Angeles Sparks, two networks and unprecedented behind-the-scenes programming, Time Warner Cable SportsNet and Time Warner Cable Deportes are delivering tremendous value for Southern California sports fans. Any assertion that we are the highest priced regional sports outlet in the country is simply untrue; as a significant buyer of regional sports across the country, we know that there are higher priced regional sports networks, including Root Sports that we buy from DirecTV. Cox and DirecTV know that there is no regional sports network anywhere in the country that is offered on an optional tier -- that would be unprecedented. If Cox or DirecTV choose not to carry our networks, we and their customers will be very disappointed but we are confident there will be other alternatives for their customers to see this highly-anticipated Lakers season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lakeshow12 View Post
    what channel is it on fios?
    SD=78
    HD=578

No exact word on if it will be ready by Wednesday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelus™ View Post
    Come on Directv. Step up to the plate
    578 hd 78 sd. I've been checking all day. It's not up yet.

The lost boys

vCash
    This channel will be in California correct?

Let's get ready to Shiva!!!!!!!!!!!

vCash
    Im willing to bet there are still a ton of casual lakers fans with dish/dtv that dont realize they arent going to be watching any lakers games this year.

Maybe we will see something get done, if people start switching simply to watch lakers games

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast