Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason Ideas

vCash
    My dream, yet realistic offseason, at this point would be to sign Ichiro and trade for Morse.

Ichiro CF
    BP 2B
    Votto 1B
    Morse LF
    Bruce RF
    Frazier 3B
    Cozart SS
    Hanigan C
    P
    A better lineup than last year imo

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    He has looked good over the last two years, however he is a left handed hitter. If you don't sign Luddy, I think you need to find a right handed bat for behind Votto. Unless you put Frazier there and find a leadoff hitter to play left..
    Morse is right handed and we still would have money to land a cheap platoon partner with Stubbs. Morse makes too much since!

vCash
    you mean a replacement for Stubbs... not platoon

vCash
    Sources tell FOXSports.com's Jon Paul Morosi and Ken Rosenthal the Reds like Dexter Fowler and the Rockies like Homer Bailey. Now the question is whether their mutual interest crystallizes into trade discussions during the Winter Meetings.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...5yEOuxKFCMi.99
    sounds like it would be a good trade for both teams. Reds might have to throw in a little more though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    sounds like it would be a good trade for both teams. Reds might have to throw in a little more though.
    Have you seen Fowlers splits away from home? OUCH! Not sure I do this trade for a couple reasons. Baily is our no.3 and we aren't sure what we are going to get from Leake or Chapman. We need all 6 of the starters so I would be more willing to trade prospects. See if they would take like Lotzark Didi and the kid from St. Johns (was going to play basketball before drafted, I can't remeber his name).

The comment of Stubbs is to be expected but look at hi splits vs. lefties... pretty solid. They need to find someone to hit against righties though.

vCash
    No too Fowler. I would like to get Ichiro on a 1 year deal for a stop gap for Billy.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    Have you seen Fowlers splits away from home? OUCH! Not sure I do this trade for a couple reasons. Baily is our no.3 and we aren't sure what we are going to get from Leake or Chapman. We need all 6 of the starters so I would be more willing to trade prospects. See if they would take like Lotzark Didi and the kid from St. Johns (was going to play basketball before drafted, I can't remeber his name).

The comment of Stubbs is to be expected but look at hi splits vs. lefties... pretty solid. They need to find someone to hit against righties though.
    Bailey was our 5th starter

and his home OBP was .431 and his away was .339. Stubbs overall OBP was .277 which is laughable and unacceptable.

I think your talking about Nicholas Travieso, our first round pick last year.

Fowler had a .387 OBP vs righties and he hit .293 against them. still a million times better than Stubbs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    No too Fowler. I would like to get Ichiro on a 1 year deal for a stop gap for Billy.
    I would say yes to Fowler and no to Ichiro

vCash
    I just posted the same thing about Fowler on the Victorino page earlier haha. I listed their stats and asked if a straight up trade would be good.

I personally like it. We have a surplus of pitching right now and its looking kinda doubtful that we will sign Luddy. Fowler's OBP was .389 last year, that is a pretty damn good fit for the top of our lineup.

I wouldn't mind seeing Ichiro in the OF for a year but it seems like that wouldn't happen for one reason or another. He still has great wheels for his age, not nearly what they used to be but still above average and I think he only committed one or two errors last year. His agent did say he was talking to other teams as of yesterday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    Bailey was our 5th starter

and his home OBP was .431 and his away was .339. Stubbs overall OBP was .277 which is laughable and unacceptable.

I think your talking about Nicholas Travieso, our first round pick last year.

Fowler had a .387 OBP vs righties and he hit .293 against them. still a million times better than Stubbs.
    How do you figure 5th starter? First I was saying this coming year he'd be our 3rd starter I think it'll go our big two then Baily Arroyo then Chap/Leake/Cingrani. Leake was our 5th starter last year look at the numbers. Bailey was a much superior pitcher to Leake and even Arroyo last year. Anyways it is neither here nor there.

vCash
    I still think we should trade Bronson. It would free up quite a bit of payroll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan6794 View Post
    I still think we should trade Bronson. It would free up quite a bit of payroll.
    I would agree but I am not real sure on his contract. We are paying only so much this year and defered money later on so not quit sure if he would save the Reds that much money. Like I said thouigh not real sure to how much is in fact defered.

vCash
    No way would I trade Bailey straight up for Fowler. The Rockies would have to throw in more, and even then I don't like the idea of giving up a good pitcher. Keep in mind the Reds had the 2nd best record in the Majors in 2012. It wasn't because of their hitting.

vCash
    This is what I love about this time of year. Allot of people complain about how Walt wont pull the trigger but nobody wants to part with anyone in value. I'm one of the most conservative guys here. I like continuity on a team. However if your going to make trades, here is your guys to trade.

Bailey
    Cozart or Didi
    Mez
    Hamilton

Bailey's value will never be higher.
    Cozart or Didi both can't play. Personally I would keep Didi.
    Mes is still young and the league knows his potential.

If your going to trade with the big boys, three of these guys would go.

vCash
    We signed Bronson to a 3 year extension deal in 2011 worth 35 mil. So I'm sure he's due to make around 10 mil this year. That's a nice chunk.

I wouldn't mind trading Didi, I like Cozart too much. He was a doubles machine last year and will be one of the best defensive SS in baseball next year.

Sparks, would you be more open to the idea of Arroyo and Didi OR Mez for Fowler and Swanner? Swanner is their best catching prospect and hits a ton.
    For some reason I just don't see Mez hitting big league pitching anytime soon. Hannigan and Navarro would suffice fine for next year.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast