Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason Ideas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    That team right there doesnt scream World Series Champs imo.
    I don't disagree. However with Bailey coming on strong and if Chapman pans out, wow we got alot better. And in later innings if Stubbs and Cozart get on base that alows Fraizer and Phillips to be RBI guys. Look I believe our biggest problem all year long was not hitting with guys in scoring position. I think we get too wrapped up in the "leadoff" role. Look at the playoffs. Just get a few hits when we had guys on second with no outs, we would have advanced.. Just a thought.

vCash
    Twins fan here, I just read that suggestion from ESPN, as a Twins fan I would LOVE that. Though Im not sure how realistic that is... With that being said, what would be an offer you think would be reasonable form a Reds standpoint? I assume the Twins would be interested in some of these players.

Billy Hamilton - As a 2nd basemen or shortstop, or if Cozart or Didi were involved as an outfielder to replace one of the 2 involved in the trade.
    Zack Cozart - Proven he can play in the bigs and would be the best shortstop we've had in a while
    Didi Gregorius - Our middle infield is awful, a player with Didi's upside would be nice and he seems ready for the show.
    Daniel Corcino - The Twins desperately need pitching Corcino would be our top pitching prospect and would help in 2013.
    Tony Cingrani - Would be our top pitching prospect and could help right away
    Mike Leake - As a middle to back of the rotation starter
    Devin Mesoraco - As a way to move Mauer to 1st base after this season
    Drew Stubbs - A way to replace losing 2 starting OF and hold down fort until our top prospects are ready.

Personally I would love a package like Hamilton, Corcino, Leake, Stubbs. Im not sure what it would take to get that however.

If Hamilton could stick at 2nd base... He and Revere at the top of a lineup would be AMAZING to watch.

vCash
    Hamilton isn't going anywhere. Our GM has said for a couple of years now that Hamilton isn't available.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trevhipp7 View Post
    Twins fan here, I just read that suggestion from ESPN, as a Twins fan I would LOVE that. Though Im not sure how realistic that is... With that being said, what would be an offer you think would be reasonable form a Reds standpoint? I assume the Twins would be interested in some of these players.

Billy Hamilton - As a 2nd basemen or shortstop, or if Cozart or Didi were involved as an outfielder to replace one of the 2 involved in the trade.
    Zack Cozart - Proven he can play in the bigs and would be the best shortstop we've had in a while
    Didi Gregorius - Our middle infield is awful, a player with Didi's upside would be nice and he seems ready for the show.
    Daniel Corcino - The Twins desperately need pitching Corcino would be our top pitching prospect and would help in 2013.
    Tony Cingrani - Would be our top pitching prospect and could help right away
    Mike Leake - As a middle to back of the rotation starter
    Devin Mesoraco - As a way to move Mauer to 1st base after this season
    Drew Stubbs - A way to replace losing 2 starting OF and hold down fort until our top prospects are ready.

Personally I would love a package like Hamilton, Corcino, Leake, Stubbs. Im not sure what it would take to get that however.

If Hamilton could stick at 2nd base... He and Revere at the top of a lineup would be AMAZING to watch.
    I think this trade, if both parties are interested is going to come down to quality vs quanity. I think a quanity trade to help your farm team could be something like Leake Stubbs and a couple of mid level pitching prospects. Quality would be something like Leake and Didi for Span and a lower level prospect. I think it is all in what Minny wants. Leake I think will be traded due to the guys behind him. Stevensons, Cingrani and Corcino all are close and all are better pitchers. Cingrani could be put in the rotation this year if injuries were to happen. (God I hope not) jlohm could help you out on the mid level prospects that the Reds have. I was thinking like that kid going to go to St. Johns to play basketball the Reds drafted last year.

Hamilton is a pipe dream. Nothing on the Twins could pry him from Walt.
    Last edited by ChrisSabo17; 11-28-2012 at 11:20 PM.

vCash
    Ok ya I figured Hamilton was a bit ridiculous. Ever since the trade deadline I was hoping for Didi and Corcino for Span

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trevhipp7 View Post
    Ok ya I figured Hamilton was a bit ridiculous. Ever since the trade deadline I was hoping for Didi and Corcino for Span
    The Reds definitely have a surplus of pitching they could part with and I think Didi is stuck behind Cozart. So it could happen. As a Minnesota fan what are your thoughts on Span from a personality and talent perspective? Watching him on a daily basis is he prone to hot and cold streaks at the plate? Does he occasionally misjudge balls hit to him in the OF? Is he an aggressive baserunner? Does his teammates like him?

Sometimes it's hard to know the little things about a player unless you watch them everyday.

vCash
    I don't really watch him everyday but from what I do know... He is a very good leadoff hitter, he goes deep into counts especially the first at bat of the game. He is really fast but isn't very aggressive as far as stealing bases. The only Twin that I remember recently stealing a ton of bases of Revere and thats because Im pretty sure he has a green light all the time since he's so fast. So I think Span could and would be more aggressive elsewhere. He seems like a good team guy, I've never heard of any bad things about him like I have other guys or recent guys like Glenn Perkins, and Danny Valencia. As far as the outfield he is usually a very reliable centerfielder. He doesn't have a great arm but it is good enough. He doesn't make a ton of amazing catches like Revere does, but he tracks everything he should down and has pretty good range. I actually like Span in center more than Revere, but thats mostly because Revere's arm is one of the worst I've ever seen haha. I hope this helps a little bit...? I know there are other guys in the Twins forum that would know a lot more than I do.

vCash
    Reds Free Agents list:

M. Cairo-Let walk
    S. Rolen- Offer bench/PH spot of let retire.
    R. Ludwick- Try to resgin at the right price. DO NOT OVERPAY!!!
    Last edited by letsgobrownies7; 11-30-2012 at 11:10 AM.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    I'd let Cairo and Rolen walk. I like Rolen, but his best days are behind him, and he's always out half the season anyway because of his back.

and I agree with you on Ludwick. I heard he wants a lot, and hopefully Walt doesn't give in.

vCash
    The Nats are shopping Morse according to MLB trade rumors . com. They are wanting to bring LaRoche back and have no room for Morse with the recent acquaition of Span.

Mike Morse makes a lot of sense for the Reds. He is inked for one more year. Power right handed left fielder just makes a lot of sense IMO. Any thoughts? He is younger (31) and I think a better cheaper option than Luddy. Morse will make just over 6 this year then will hit fa. In my opinion this is just as perfect as the Span situation. This time I hope Walt won't hesitate on a good oportunity.

What would it cost in prospects to pry Morse away from the Nats? The Nats don't have a lot of glaring needs. They have a solid rotation, outfield, pen and middle of the infield. I think it would take a young pitching prospect maybe two lower level prospects.
    Last edited by ChrisSabo17; 11-30-2012 at 11:16 PM.

vCash
    He struck out 97 times, however he had a .321 OBP. much better than Stubbs.

vCash
    The Reds have had conversations with the representatives for Victorino and Angel Pagan, GM Walt Jocketty confirmed to John Fay of The Cincinnati Enquirer. "Nothing formal though," added the GM, who confirmed speaking with Ludwick's agent as recently as last week
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#JV6ke3olU6ZU31EB.99

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    He struck out 97 times, however he had a .321 OBP. much better than Stubbs.
    I was thinking for more of a LF option than a leadoff option.

Frazier
    BP
    Votto
    Morse
    Bruce
    Cozart
    Stubbs / Hiesy
    Hanigan

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    I was thinking for more of a LF option than a leadoff option.

Frazier
    BP
    Votto
    Morse
    Bruce
    Cozart
    Stubbs / Hiesy
    Hanigan
    How about Alex Gordon for a LF option, he makes less than 5m/yr, he's 28 and the royals are wanting pitching plus they could save the Myers kid or bring him up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BoomBaby35 View Post
    How about Alex Gordon for a LF option, he makes less than 5m/yr, he's 28 and the royals are wanting pitching plus they could save the Myers kid or bring him up.
    He has looked good over the last two years, however he is a left handed hitter. If you don't sign Luddy, I think you need to find a right handed bat for behind Votto. Unless you put Frazier there and find a leadoff hitter to play left..

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast