Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason Ideas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus256 View Post
    @stsparks72 chapman cant throw more than 2 innings at most n if he does start he will be on dl with hurt elbow before all star game since he throws 100. besides we have 5 quality'
    with 3 or 4 waiting in the wing to jump into the rotation when need to be.
    He can throw more than 2 innings. That's not even a valid argument. The DL suggestion is pure fiction, in fact the Reds have done a great job of making sure that he gets extended rest when he needs it. As of right now I really don't care if Chapman starts or closes, but if the Reds trade Leake or Bailey then I will be clamoring for Chapman to start. I have always put more emphasis on a starter than a closer. Most people do, whether they think they do or not. Nobody talks about facing another teams closer until the 9th inning of a ballgame comes around. However, going into each series we all look at the starting pitching matchups. Why? Becuase they matter more than the closer matchups.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Just curious Spark, who would you keep and why?
    Between Cozart and Gregorious? I like Gregorius better. He is much younger with a higher ceiling and is better defensively. Not saying Cozart is bad, just saying I like the potential of Gregorious more.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    Between Cozart and Gregorious? I like Gregorius better. He is much younger with a higher ceiling and is better defensively. Not saying Cozart is bad, just saying I like the potential of Gregorious more.
    I agree. Gregorious overall is a better hitter. Cozart trade value is high now. Speaking of which, read an article about trade value. Said on the Reds that Bailey, Frazier, Cozart, and Leake are all expendable. I thought Fraizer would not but go figure. Will try to post a link if I can find it. Interesting stuff though.

vCash
    Marcus 256, welcome aboard. Just to let you know how things go around here..... Most everyone agrees with me on all issues. Sparks, Brownie, and Jlohm all want me to be the GM for the Reds. Its pretty flattering to have friends like that. You will notice on here that when these guys butt heads, they call on me to straighten things out..... lol

Actually we have alot of fun on here. I look forward before or after work, to get on here and talk some baseball. Those guys I mentioned have great opinions and are very knowledgeable of the game. Hope you stick around................

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    He can throw more than 2 innings. That's not even a valid argument. The DL suggestion is pure fiction, in fact the Reds have done a great job of making sure that he gets extended rest when he needs it. As of right now I really don't care if Chapman starts or closes, but if the Reds trade Leake or Bailey then I will be clamoring for Chapman to start. I have always put more emphasis on a starter than a closer. Most people do, whether they think they do or not. Nobody talks about facing another teams closer until the 9th inning of a ballgame comes around. However, going into each series we all look at the starting pitching matchups. Why? Becuase they matter more than the closer matchups.
    hes nvr threw more than 2 ips. dl is fiction i agree n the reds has done a good job of extended rest. like the old saying says if it aint broke dont fix it. than soe says if it aint broke iprove it i agree chap. might b btr than wht we have but thats on paper noy in the regular season. and spring training dont count.
    another thing can u improve the 9th inning than him. y the arguement on wht people think on stater n closer i aggree on tht. but even if u hve a shut down stater n chap probably will be tht in order for him to get the wins he would deserve the reds will need a lights out closer.

vCash
    Marcus 256, welcome aboard. Just to let you know how things go around here..... Most everyone agrees with me on all issues. Sparks, Brownie, and Jlohm all want me to be the GM for the Reds. Its pretty flattering to have friends like that. You will notice on here that when these guys butt heads, they call on me to straighten things out..... lol

Actually we have alot of fun on here. I look forward before or after work, to get on here and talk some baseball. Those guys I mentioned have great opinions and are very knowledgeable of the game. Hope you stick around................
    thanks for the welcome. as u can tell if i disagree with something ill say it, but likewise if i agree with something ill also say tht to.

vCash

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by marcus256 View Post
    hes nvr threw more than 2 ips. dl is fiction i agree n the reds has done a good job of extended rest. like the old saying says if it aint broke dont fix it. than soe says if it aint broke iprove it i agree chap. might b btr than wht we have but thats on paper noy in the regular season. and spring training dont count.
    another thing can u improve the 9th inning than him. y the arguement on wht people think on stater n closer i aggree on tht. but even if u hve a shut down stater n chap probably will be tht in order for him to get the wins he would deserve the reds will need a lights out closer.
    He did start 13 games at AAA Louisville in his first season under contract. He was average at best, but he was still developing at the time. Let us not forget that he was a dominant starter for the Cuban National team. By no means does that have any impact on him being a possible starter at the big league level. I do know that he has improved drastically since he first signed with the Reds. Based upon that and whether the Reds can sign a new closer, I would love to see what he can do in a starting role. If the idea fails, then he simply goes back to the pen. I do realize that Chapman is probably the most dominant and most feared closer in the game. That said, maybe he could be the most dominant and most feared starter in the game. We may never know. I do know one thing, if Chapman starts 13-15 games at home there is a good chance every one of those games is a sellout. Even on a Tuesday night when school is still in session. Sellouts equal a bigger payroll. A bigger payroll equals better players (or at least it should).

vCash
    What are some low key guess that could sign with Cincy. I am thinking Nyger Morgan, Matt Capps, and maybe take a flyer on Grady Sizemore. What do you all think?

vCash
    Juan Pierre

vCash
    Why not just bring up Hamilton and save your money. By the way is Hamilton left handed?

vCash
    because Hamilton isn't ready. the coaches in the minor league specialize in player development, not making adjustments to players like the major league coaches do. call him up now, and your going to put a guy who's not ready in a high pressured situation and it could ruin his career. his hitting and fielding still need a lot of work.

vCash
    Why not just bring up Hamilton and save your money. By the way is Hamilton left handed?
    Switch-hitter and throws right-handed. I only bring him up if he is ready to play every day. Sitting Hamilton on the bench would be a big mistake. From the looks of his stats in the Fall league it doesn't appear as though he is quite ready.

In 17 games with 64 ABs he has a .234 AVG and a .306 OBP.

vCash
    I am sure you guys have heard Bruce wants to be extended to 2022. I love loyality and want to lock him up. With this and the last contract he deserves it and obviously is not interested in getting top dollar on the market. I think this shows alot about Bruce and his make up as a person..... Props to this guy. Give it to him Walt Bruce has improved his overall stats every year this might end up even helping the Reds and Jay!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    I am sure you guys have heard Bruce wants to be extended to 2022. I love loyalty and want to lock him up. With this and the last contract he deserves it and obviously is not interested in getting top dollar on the market. I think this shows alot about Bruce and his make up as a person..... Props to this guy. Give it to him Walt Bruce has improved his overall stats every year this might end up even helping the Reds and Jay!
    I like this kid. You can tell that loyalty means alot to him as well as security. If I was Walt, I would take this kid and talk to him off the record and say lets cross that bridge when we get to it. If I lock you up and you have an MVP season or two, you would miss out on alot of money. Same with the Reds, if you lock him up for ten years and he falls off the map in two or three years from now, then the Reds lose out. Besides that a new contract makes you hungry down the road. Again if I was Walt I would tell him to come back in 2015 and we will talk again.......... He is only 25 years old. Needs a little guidance.

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast