Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason Ideas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Sometimes jlohm I think you just like disagreeing with me. You just stated in a previous post that in your opinion Walt is a bad negotiator. In my previous post I was making a joke about "giving up the farm ", Aren't we saying the same thing?.... bad negotiating. As far as Latos, he is a good pitcher, not great yet. I was just making fun of the fact that the Reds gave up alot for him and he got hammered in the playoffs and some fans blame Dusty. Great pitchers get out of those situations. If the situation was reversed, if Dusty pulls him and say Lecure gives up a grand slam, it would still be Dusty's fault. If that was Cueto in that situation, no way are we pulling him in the fifth. Good and Great, two different things.

So.... bottom line. If you feel as though Walt is a bad negotiator but he did a good job in the Latos deal, what other deals are you talking about that makes him a bad negotiator?
    we gave up a ton for Latos. there is no doubt about that. many think we did too much. I don't. but we did give a lot.

however, when was the last trade he did that was a steal for the Reds? never. Kravisky had several before his first year.

I don't think he's aggressive enough on the trade table. that's why I think a lot of trades don't happen, even if for someone the Reds need.

vCash
    I think the difference between Kravisky and Walt is this. Kravisky makes moves in attempt to put fans in the stands. Walt has done nothing but work on pitching since he has been here. Although Walt doesn't make the popular choice, he does make good ones............ Would love to see him get a guy to follow Votto. I believe the leadoff spot is over rated. Protect Votto and things will happen.

vCash
    why is the leadoff role under rated? a good leadoff hitter is very good for a team

vCash
    Sorry Jlohm. Over rated is probably not the correct choice of words. Guess I was thinking that the Reds bigger needs is a true #4 hitter to protect Votto. I don't know..... I think the Reds biggest problem throughout the year was getting runners in rather than getting them on.. Therefor finding players that drive guys in is more important in my opinion. It was the deciding factor in the playoffs as well....

vCash
    Anyone who would want Heisey starting in cf isnt too bright he's horrid
    He also k's alot (not as much as Stubbs) his batting average dropped like a lead balloon when he got more playing time
    If the Reds want to strengthen cf they need to do it by trade (free agents will want too much money)there is noone better for cf on the roster

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bledrules View Post
    Anyone who would want Heisey starting in cf isnt too bright he's horrid
    He also k's alot (not as much as Stubbs) his batting average dropped like a lead balloon when he got more playing time
    If the Reds want to strengthen cf they need to do it by trade (free agents will want too much money)there is noone better for cf on the roster
    wut? when did he ever get a long period of time to play everyday this year?

his OBP is still much higher than Stubbs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    wut? when did he ever get a long period of time to play everyday this year?

his OBP is still much higher than Stubbs
    Obviously You dont remember Stubbs getting hurt this season????
    I'm not saying Stubbs is great blah blah blah obviously he cant hit to save his life
    But Heisey is an absolute clown in cf pitching and defense wins championships thats just the way it is.Heisey brings neither He will be the one included in a package trade

vCash
    Obviously You dont remember Stubbs getting hurt this season????
    I'm not saying Stubbs is great blah blah blah obviously he cant hit to save his life
    But Heisey is an absolute clown in cf pitching and defense wins championships thats just the way it is.Heisey brings neither He will be the one included in a package trade
    Heisey's offense is far better than Stubbs. any stat you find will prove me right (except SB). and Heisey is a good defensive CF. we'll lose a little bit of range with him, but GABP is small so we don't necessarily need an extremely fast CFer

vCash
    Heisey's offense is far better than Stubbs. any stat you find will prove me right (except SB). and Heisey is a good defensive CF. we'll lose a little bit of range with him, but GABP is small so we don't necessarily need an extremely fast CFer
    Heiseys offense is a little better than Stubbs ( Heisey finished of the season 3-63)Heisey is an absolute ogre on defense in cf
    We lose a little bit of range in cf??????=Understatement of the year
    My hope is a trade for a cf, dump Heisey and Move Stubbs to the bench
    I REALLY want Walt to get Dennard Spann

vCash
    Heiseys offense is a little better than Stubbs ( Heisey finished of the season 3-63)Heisey is an absolute ogre on defense in cf
    We lose a little bit of range in cf??????=Understatement of the year
    My hope is a trade for a cf, dump Heisey and Move Stubbs to the bench
    I REALLY want Walt to get Dennard Spann
    how is Heisey an "orge" in CF? he makes a lot of good catches when he plays and he's pretty fast.

I hope we non tender Stubbs, keep Heisey and acquire a legit leadoff hitter/CF

vCash
    This little quote will get all you "Chapman should only be the Closer" people fired up.

"We haven't made a decision on Chapman as a starter or as a reliever," Reds general manager Walt Jocketty said. "We're talking about it."

"It depends on if we re-sign [Jonathan] Broxton and [Ryan] Madson," Jocketty said. "Or if we get another closer."

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...s_cin&c_id=cin

I will keep my fingers crossed that the Reds can sign a Closer.
    Last edited by stsparks72; 11-05-2012 at 08:09 PM.

vCash
    Chapman should be a closer

vCash
    Chapman should be a closer
    I'm fine with that so long as he comes in to close out a game in the 1st inning.

vCash
    how is Heisey an "orge" in CF? he makes a lot of good catches when he plays and he's pretty fast.

I hope we non tender Stubbs, keep Heisey and acquire a legit leadoff hitter/CF
    If we get a cf/lead-off hitter i would have no problem keeping Heisey as the 4th outfielder but he isnt a starter
    And if you watched enough games this season then you wouldnt have to ask how Heisey is an ogre in cf

vCash
    he's not an ideal starter, but he's 1000x better than Stubbs

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast