Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 244

Thread: Offseason Ideas

  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    26,235
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Sometimes jlohm I think you just like disagreeing with me. You just stated in a previous post that in your opinion Walt is a bad negotiator. In my previous post I was making a joke about "giving up the farm ", Aren't we saying the same thing?.... bad negotiating. As far as Latos, he is a good pitcher, not great yet. I was just making fun of the fact that the Reds gave up alot for him and he got hammered in the playoffs and some fans blame Dusty. Great pitchers get out of those situations. If the situation was reversed, if Dusty pulls him and say Lecure gives up a grand slam, it would still be Dusty's fault. If that was Cueto in that situation, no way are we pulling him in the fifth. Good and Great, two different things.

    So.... bottom line. If you feel as though Walt is a bad negotiator but he did a good job in the Latos deal, what other deals are you talking about that makes him a bad negotiator?
    we gave up a ton for Latos. there is no doubt about that. many think we did too much. I don't. but we did give a lot.

    however, when was the last trade he did that was a steal for the Reds? never. Kravisky had several before his first year.

    I don't think he's aggressive enough on the trade table. that's why I think a lot of trades don't happen, even if for someone the Reds need.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,497
    vCash
    1500
    I think the difference between Kravisky and Walt is this. Kravisky makes moves in attempt to put fans in the stands. Walt has done nothing but work on pitching since he has been here. Although Walt doesn't make the popular choice, he does make good ones............ Would love to see him get a guy to follow Votto. I believe the leadoff spot is over rated. Protect Votto and things will happen.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    26,235
    vCash
    1500
    why is the leadoff role under rated? a good leadoff hitter is very good for a team

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,497
    vCash
    1500
    Sorry Jlohm. Over rated is probably not the correct choice of words. Guess I was thinking that the Reds bigger needs is a true #4 hitter to protect Votto. I don't know..... I think the Reds biggest problem throughout the year was getting runners in rather than getting them on.. Therefor finding players that drive guys in is more important in my opinion. It was the deciding factor in the playoffs as well....

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    588
    vCash
    1500
    Anyone who would want Heisey starting in cf isnt too bright he's horrid
    He also k's alot (not as much as Stubbs) his batting average dropped like a lead balloon when he got more playing time
    If the Reds want to strengthen cf they need to do it by trade (free agents will want too much money)there is noone better for cf on the roster

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    26,235
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bledrules View Post
    Anyone who would want Heisey starting in cf isnt too bright he's horrid
    He also k's alot (not as much as Stubbs) his batting average dropped like a lead balloon when he got more playing time
    If the Reds want to strengthen cf they need to do it by trade (free agents will want too much money)there is noone better for cf on the roster
    wut? when did he ever get a long period of time to play everyday this year?

    his OBP is still much higher than Stubbs

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    588
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    wut? when did he ever get a long period of time to play everyday this year?

    his OBP is still much higher than Stubbs
    Obviously You dont remember Stubbs getting hurt this season????
    I'm not saying Stubbs is great blah blah blah obviously he cant hit to save his life
    But Heisey is an absolute clown in cf pitching and defense wins championships thats just the way it is.Heisey brings neither He will be the one included in a package trade

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    26,235
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bledrules View Post
    Obviously You dont remember Stubbs getting hurt this season????
    I'm not saying Stubbs is great blah blah blah obviously he cant hit to save his life
    But Heisey is an absolute clown in cf pitching and defense wins championships thats just the way it is.Heisey brings neither He will be the one included in a package trade
    Heisey's offense is far better than Stubbs. any stat you find will prove me right (except SB). and Heisey is a good defensive CF. we'll lose a little bit of range with him, but GABP is small so we don't necessarily need an extremely fast CFer

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    588
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    Heisey's offense is far better than Stubbs. any stat you find will prove me right (except SB). and Heisey is a good defensive CF. we'll lose a little bit of range with him, but GABP is small so we don't necessarily need an extremely fast CFer
    Heiseys offense is a little better than Stubbs ( Heisey finished of the season 3-63)Heisey is an absolute ogre on defense in cf
    We lose a little bit of range in cf??????=Understatement of the year
    My hope is a trade for a cf, dump Heisey and Move Stubbs to the bench
    I REALLY want Walt to get Dennard Spann

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    26,235
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bledrules View Post
    Heiseys offense is a little better than Stubbs ( Heisey finished of the season 3-63)Heisey is an absolute ogre on defense in cf
    We lose a little bit of range in cf??????=Understatement of the year
    My hope is a trade for a cf, dump Heisey and Move Stubbs to the bench
    I REALLY want Walt to get Dennard Spann
    how is Heisey an "orge" in CF? he makes a lot of good catches when he plays and he's pretty fast.

    I hope we non tender Stubbs, keep Heisey and acquire a legit leadoff hitter/CF

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio (USA)
    Posts
    1,270
    vCash
    1500
    This little quote will get all you "Chapman should only be the Closer" people fired up.

    "We haven't made a decision on Chapman as a starter or as a reliever," Reds general manager Walt Jocketty said. "We're talking about it."

    "It depends on if we re-sign [Jonathan] Broxton and [Ryan] Madson," Jocketty said. "Or if we get another closer."

    http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/news/...s_cin&c_id=cin

    I will keep my fingers crossed that the Reds can sign a Closer.
    Last edited by stsparks72; 11-05-2012 at 08:09 PM.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    26,235
    vCash
    1500
    Chapman should be a closer

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio (USA)
    Posts
    1,270
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    Chapman should be a closer
    I'm fine with that so long as he comes in to close out a game in the 1st inning.


  14. #44
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    588
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    how is Heisey an "orge" in CF? he makes a lot of good catches when he plays and he's pretty fast.

    I hope we non tender Stubbs, keep Heisey and acquire a legit leadoff hitter/CF
    If we get a cf/lead-off hitter i would have no problem keeping Heisey as the 4th outfielder but he isnt a starter
    And if you watched enough games this season then you wouldnt have to ask how Heisey is an ogre in cf

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    26,235
    vCash
    1500
    he's not an ideal starter, but he's 1000x better than Stubbs

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •