Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason Ideas

vCash
    wut? i have a hard on for Stubbs? yea, that's exactly why I want the Reds to get rid of him

and show me 1 article where Walt says that Stubbs is going to be offered a contract.

And apparently I know more than every writer because I agree with them? I'm confused.

even Marty said that Stubbs is probably not going to be back next year and all the sports guys on WLW agree with him.

you keep telling me how much upside he has, but yet your yet to show me even 1 stat to convince me he's still good.
    Last edited by jlohm1; 10-31-2012 at 12:54 PM.

vCash
    Is it safe to assume we haven't had a good center fielder since Griffey jr in the 2000 season? I'm not including Josh Hamilton since he only played half a season for us.

vCash
    I'm ready for the Reds to part ways with Stubbs. I think Stubbs has a world of talent. He has hit for power, he has tremendous speed, and he has incredible defense. Unfortunately, as we all know, he has two major flaws that will potentially cost him his job with the Reds. He strikes out way too much and he cannot hit for average. That said, I hope he finds a new team and hits .300 with 30 HR's. As I have said before, I am not one of these people who dwells on what a player does after he leaves the Reds. I'm only concerned with what he does as a Red.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan6794 View Post
    Is it safe to assume we haven't had a good center fielder since Griffey jr in the 2000 season? I'm not including Josh Hamilton since he only played half a season for us.
    Hamilton played a full season with the Reds

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    I'm ready for the Reds to part ways with Stubbs. I think Stubbs has a world of talent. He has hit for power, he has tremendous speed, and he has incredible defense. Unfortunately, as we all know, he has two major flaws that will potentially cost him his job with the Reds. He strikes out way too much and he cannot hit for average. That said, I hope he finds a new team and hits .300 with 30 HR's. As I have said before, I am not one of these people who dwells on what a player does after he leaves the Reds. I'm only concerned with what he does as a Red.
    like I said, if he goes somewhere else and does good, I'll be happy for him. but unfortunately, he's not going to turn his career around while he's here.

vCash
    There is now a rumor saying that David Wright could be headed to Cincinnati. If i'm not mistaken, they exercised his option, which means we would have to trade for him. I don't want to trade for him though because Walt is a bad negotiator. at least in my mind he is.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...for-cincinnati

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    Hamilton played a full season with the Reds
    He played 90 games with us in 2007, I don't constitute that as a full season. I do agree though that Walt isn't the best negotiator. If we were to get Wright then I'm sure Walt would send them the whole farm.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan6794 View Post
    He played 90 games with us in 2007, I don't constitute that as a full season. I do agree though that Walt isn't the best negotiator. If we were to get Wright then I'm sure Walt would send them the whole farm.
    The farm was already sent to San Diago remember.... for that pitcher that gave up a grand slam in the playoffs. Of course that was Dusty's fault though. Latos had nothing to do with it.

vCash
    There is now a rumor saying that David Wright could be headed to Cincinnati. If i'm not mistaken, they exercised his option, which means we would have to trade for him. I don't want to trade for him though because Walt is a bad negotiator. at least in my mind he is.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...for-cincinnati
    I really like that idea. Frazier gets moved to LF and either Stubbs or Hiesey fills the need in CF until Billy Hamilton is ready. David Wright would be the legit right-handed cleanup hitter the Reds have been looking for over the least few years. Looks like the Reds would need to pay him roughly 80-100mil over 5 seasons. That sounds crazy, but like myself and the article says, the Reds are becoming a team that spends money. Their ratings for both Radio and TV are through the roof the last 3 or 4 years (top 2 in both) and attendance keeps going up. Like the article says though, it would probably cost the Reds something like Mesoraco, Leake, and maybe a minor leaguer such as Gregorious. As much as I like those 3 players, I think they are all expendable right now. I hope this deal happens.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    I really like that idea. Frazier gets moved to LF and either Stubbs or Hiesey fills the need in CF until Billy Hamilton is ready. David Wright would be the legit right-handed cleanup hitter the Reds have been looking for over the least few years. Looks like the Reds would need to pay him roughly 80-100mil over 5 seasons. That sounds crazy, but like myself and the article says, the Reds are becoming a team that spends money. Their ratings for both Radio and TV are through the roof the last 3 or 4 years (top 2 in both) and attendance keeps going up. Like the article says though, it would probably cost the Reds something like Mesoraco, Leake, and maybe a minor leaguer such as Gregorious. As much as I like those 3 players, I think they are all expendable right now. I hope this deal happens.
    I would like to keep Leake. I would trade Mesoraco in a heart beat though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    The farm was already sent to San Diago remember.... for that pitcher that gave up a grand slam in the playoffs. Of course that was Dusty's fault though. Latos had nothing to do with it.
    except for Boxburger, the players we sent them would be sitting the bench now. so whats your point?

and that damn pitcher who's 24, 3.48 ERA, threw 209.1 innings and is already a potential number 1 starter. damn him!

oh, and he only made $500,000 last year.

vCash
    I would like to keep Leake. I would trade Mesoraco in a heart beat though.
    I would too, but realistically for somebody like Wright it will take trading Mesoraco and probably a quality pitcher like Leake or Bailey.

vCash
    The Reds are making efforts to resign Broxton, Navarro, Madson, and Ludwick. With the rumors of a David Wright trade I couldn't help but think of the possibilities. Madson is only looking to sign with a team that will give him an opportunity to close. With that in mind, if the Reds hypothetically resigned all 4 players mentioned above, traded Leake/Mesoraco for Wright, Billy Hamilton is given the job in CF, and under the full acknowledgement that Madson will at least be given the chance to close. Here is what the Reds would look like in 2013.

Batting Order
    1 - Billy Hamilton CF
    2 - Brandon Phillips 2B
    3 - Joey Votto 1B
    4 - David Wright 3B
    5 - Jay Bruce RF
    6 - Ryan Ludwick LF
    7 - Zack Cozart SS
    8 - Ryan Hanigan C

That leaves us with Frazier as the best backup in baseball at 1B/3B/LF.

Starting Rotation
    1 - Johnny Cueto
    2 - Mat Latos
    3 - Bronson Arroyo
    4 - Homer Bailey
    5 - Aroldis Chapman

Bullpen
    1 - Ryan Madson
    2 - Jonathan Broxton
    3 - Sean Marshall
    4 - Jose Arredondo
    5 - JJ Hoover
    6 - Alfredo Simon
    7 - Sam LeCure

If the Reds could pull this off they would have the best team in baseball (on paper). Not sure if it can be done, especially the David Wright part, but it sure is nice to think about.

vCash
    idk about Madson. it would definitely be a gamble.

vCash
    except for Boxburger, the players we sent them would be sitting the bench now. so whats your point?

and that damn pitcher who's 24, 3.48 ERA, threw 209.1 innings and is already a potential number 1 starter. damn him!

oh, and he only made $500,000 last year.
    Sometimes jlohm I think you just like disagreeing with me. You just stated in a previous post that in your opinion Walt is a bad negotiator. In my previous post I was making a joke about "giving up the farm ", Aren't we saying the same thing?.... bad negotiating. As far as Latos, he is a good pitcher, not great yet. I was just making fun of the fact that the Reds gave up alot for him and he got hammered in the playoffs and some fans blame Dusty. Great pitchers get out of those situations. If the situation was reversed, if Dusty pulls him and say Lecure gives up a grand slam, it would still be Dusty's fault. If that was Cueto in that situation, no way are we pulling him in the fifth. Good and Great, two different things.

So.... bottom line. If you feel as though Walt is a bad negotiator but he did a good job in the Latos deal, what other deals are you talking about that makes him a bad negotiator?
    Last edited by dogdaddy; 11-02-2012 at 09:01 AM.

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast