Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Offseason Ideas

vCash
    I think he was talking about Bailey

vCash

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    ****...I was thinking you were talking about Stubbs...guess I need to read more clearly....my bad
    Presenting the greatest announcing duo to grace the baseball world!

vCash
    No I didnt pay because he wasnt non tendered. He was traded

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    No I didnt pay because he wasnt non tendered. He was traded
    He wasn't tendered either...lol
    Presenting the greatest announcing duo to grace the baseball world!

vCash
    Reds looking at lefty Mike Gonzalez: http://cincinnati.com/blogs/sports/2...mike-gonzalez/

vCash
    yea I was reading that this morning. I haven't looked up his career stats, but judging by last year, he could probably be a pretty good pickup for the Reds.

vCash
    He had a solild few seasons for ATL. Here's his stats: http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...onzami02.shtml

vCash
    Historically it looks as though Mike Gonzalez has performed better in the NL. Would be a nice pickup if the Reds can sign him.

vCash
    This is not really the thread for this, but its not worthy of its own discussion thread. Did anyone see that the Reds had the highest radio ratings with a 26.3 share among all MLB teams. Overall the Reds were 9th in total Radio listeners with 114,800. The Reds are in a smaller market, but percentage wise more fans listened to the Reds than any other market in 2012.

With increased viewership and listeners I think the Reds could move beyond a payroll of 100mil with the next year or two.

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/tv/2012/...radio-ratings/

vCash

hamilton

I also found it interesting that when asked about Billy Hamilton, Jocketty didn't rule out the possibility he could start the season as a leadoff man for the Reds. Of course they turned around and asked Dusty the exact same question and he believes that it would be detrimental to Hamilton's development if he is brought up too early.[/QUOTE]

both are right hamilton could start lead off n if he does n fails it could be dtrimental to him. but its a mute point right now with choo on board

vCash

bronson

Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I highly doubt it's his last year with the Reds.

and he's right.
    i hope not. personal id keep chapman as closer

vCash
    - Scott Rolen hasn't told the club whether he wants to play or retire, but manager Dusty Baker sounds prepared to move on without the veteran. “It’s getting late,” Baker said. “Life goes on and business goes on. Since we signed [Jack] Hannahan, it’s getting crowded. Plus, (Todd) Frazier deserves a chance to play," said the skipper.
    - The Reds announced that Shin-Soo Choo would be slotted in center field as soon as they traded for him, but Jay Bruce offered to fill the position if necessary. Bruce phoned Baker and volunteered to come in lighter in case Choo is better fit in right than center. The plan remains to use the former Indians slugger in center, however.
    - Other than figuring out who goes where in the outfield, the Reds don’t have a lot of questions on their roster. Baker seems comfortable with the team as is, saying that the team is "as set" as it's been in his tenure there.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2013/0...XVEiPWP8IXk.99

I agree it's time to move on without Rolen. he's too injury prone and I think it would be best for him to retire. I like Rolen, but telling the Reds he still might play and the Reds being interested in him playing isn't fair to the Reds at this point. since he hasn't given them an answer, I think it would be the Reds best interest to move on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I agree it's time to move on without Rolen. he's too injury prone and I think it would be best for him to retire. I like Rolen, but telling the Reds he still might play and the Reds being interested in him playing isn't fair to the Reds at this point. since he hasn't given them an answer, I think it would be the Reds best interest to move on.
    I don't understand. Granted Frazer is our man at third, however who would not want a guy like Rolen in a back up role and pinch hitter. Not to mention if Todd stubs a toe, do you want Rolen or Hanahan. Rolen is still one of the best fielders in the game (better than Frasier). Oh and if we need Todd to fill in at first or the outfield, would be nice to have Rolen fill in their.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    I don't understand. Granted Frazer is our man at third, however who would not want a guy like Rolen in a back up role and pinch hitter. Not to mention if Todd stubs a toe, do you want Rolen or Hanahan. Rolen is still one of the best fielders in the game (better than Frasier). Oh and if we need Todd to fill in at first or the outfield, would be nice to have Rolen fill in their.
    The Reds need to start filling their roster. It's not fair for the Reds to keep a spot open for him when they don't even know if he'll play or not.

I like Rolen too, but I honestly think it would be best for the Reds and Rolen if he retires.

Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast