Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason Ideas

vCash
    I hope we add Rolen. We need a big bat off the bench. Also I know guys don't like to hear this but as long as he is healthy, might still be our best bet at third base both offensively and defensively. If I was Dusty though, I would start off with Fraizer and see if he picks up from last year.

vCash
    I honestly don't want Rolen on the team. don't get me wrong, I like him, but I think he's hurt too much and he's going to take a roster spot from someone who's younger. although it looks like the Reds will sign him if he wants too

I also think the Reds are going to try to add a catcher. I have a feeling that Mesoraco will be on a short leash in spring training.

vCash
    I still think we could really use another lefty in the pen, while it is not a NEED it would be extremely convenient when playing match ups, Marshall is the only lefty right now assuming Chapman stays in the rotation. I'm not sure who's a possibility or who's available but I think it's something we should explore.

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I honestly don't want Rolen on the team. don't get me wrong, I like him, but I think he's hurt too much and he's going to take a roster spot from someone who's younger. although it looks like the Reds will sign him if he wants too

I also think the Reds are going to try to add a catcher. I have a feeling that Mesoraco will be on a short leash in spring training.
    I think he would be healthy if used with days off. He is a true leader on this team and is better than any young guy we bring in.

vCash
    looks like the Reds are interested in Freddy Garcia. not sure why though.

vCash
    I saw that too. Makes me think maybe pen help and or Walt may be looking into making another trade of some sort.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Garcia is more likely just an inquiry. The Twins and Rockies can offer him more.

vCash
    Yea I don't think the Reds will get him. they don't need him anyway

vCash
    The Twins and Rockies can offer him more but who says he wants to play for losing teams. He may want to jump ship on a team capable of winning it all like he did the past few years with NYY.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    Ok, Again not arguing! I wish you lived close to me though. I would win your $50 you would have to bet me for talking out your ***** on this, because the Reds will in fact tender him a contract. Every writer, and I know, you know more than every writer, Dusty Baker and Walt but they say he is a slam dunk to be tenered a contract. You need to loose your hard on for Stubbs. Its kinda freaking me out. You remind me of those ESPN commercials from some years back where the guy is talking sports and it is coming out of his *****. Just sayin..
    Did you make that bet? And if so....did you pay up?
    Presenting the greatest announcing duo to grace the baseball world!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    you do realize he's 25 and skipped all of the minors. I would much rather have Leake than Bailey. and I like both of them. in the long run, Leake has a lot more potential. Bailey isn't too good at GABP and is injury prone.
    2006 56 games in Rookie Ball Billings
    2007 129 games in Low A Dayton
    2008 86 games in High A Sarasota, 26 games in AA Chattanooga, 19 games in AAA Louisville
    2009 107 games in AAA Louisville

He in no way/shape/or form skipped any of the minors...maybe you could say AA...but that is it!

vCash
    and, sorry for the long haiatus (sp) been pretty busy yr!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Vottomatic19 View Post
    2006 56 games in Rookie Ball Billings
    2007 129 games in Low A Dayton
    2008 86 games in High A Sarasota, 26 games in AA Chattanooga, 19 games in AAA Louisville
    2009 107 games in AAA Louisville

He in no way/shape/or form skipped any of the minors...maybe you could say AA...but that is it!
    what? Leake pitched 2 games in AAA in 2011 and that's all the minor league stats he has.

http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/team/...=2&season=2012

vCash
    Was he talking about Homer?

vCash

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast