Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 244

Thread: Offseason Ideas

  1. #181
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio (USA)
    Posts
    1,250
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    It is nice to see a crazy move from time to time.
    I hear Kenny Powers is still unsigned.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,668
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    I hear Kenny Powers is still unsigned.
    I fell for that one. I actually was looking up stats.

    Nice one.....

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio (USA)
    Posts
    1,250
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    I fell for that one. I actually was looking up stats.

    Nice one.....

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    O H I O
    Posts
    12,739
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I'm not sure if he would take a 1 year deal or if the Reds could afford him. I thought he wanted to go back to the Yankees as well.
    ESPN Insider says he would sign a 1 year deal and under 7 mill plus the Yanks have moved on from him.

    props to Bee for the sig!!

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    470
    vCash
    1500
    Had another thought. What are we doing for a AAA catcher. Is Corkey still with the Reds? We need the Navarro type of player that is Mes struggles we have someone to call on to back up the most underated player in MLB, Ryan Hanigan. I am really not happy with Mes production and wonder if he will ever be able to hit MLB pitching. I sure hope so but who knows. Anyways what are some backkup catchers still out there on the market? Besides Paul Bako!

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,817
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    ESPN Insider says he would sign a 1 year deal and under 7 mill plus the Yanks have moved on from him.
    looks like the Yankees are about to re-sign him
    **********

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,817
    vCash
    1500
    I don't think the Reds re-signed Corky. but you right, we need someone to replace Mesoraco if he does bad, which there is definitely a good chance of him not doing good.
    **********

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio (USA)
    Posts
    1,250
    vCash
    1500
    There will be more minor league deals coming in January and February once the big league market clears.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Dayton, Ohio (USA)
    Posts
    1,250
    vCash
    1500
    So now that the Reds big league roster is pretty much set, how about we discuss the unlikely possibility that this team under achieves in 2013. I know its a negative topic, but this is a forum and that's part of what we do here.

    So who would be on the top of the Reds trade list should they have a drop off in 2013? I would think Shin-Soo Choo, Bronson Arroyo, and maybe even Ryan Ludwick.

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    So now that the Reds big league roster is pretty much set, how about we discuss the unlikely possibility that this team under achieves in 2013. I know its a negative topic, but this is a forum and that's part of what we do here.

    So who would be on the top of the Reds trade list should they have a drop off in 2013? I would think Shin-Soo Choo, Bronson Arroyo, and maybe even Ryan Ludwick.
    Debbie Downer here but you are right. I think all the names you mentioned are for sure canidates. I think Homer and even Latos if some ground cannot be made on a extension. We have 2 arms very close to ready and also Leake under team control. There is alot that could happen but I think even BP could if someone ate all his contract. I am jsut thinking how to free up money on a down year. All this is just my opinion though and Walt could think and do something totally different.

    The reasons I think this is pointless is because the Reds have minor holes. They have no AAA catcher and lack of depth in the middle infield if BP or Cozart go down to injury your looking at who to play up the middle Hernandez and...? These are small problems though. Starting pitching we are really 8 deep maybe 9 if you count Redmond. Bullpen is fairly deep as well. Our lineup now is a real threat and our bench guys are solid. There are no glaring holes. This team is about proofed as a 90 million dollar team can get.

    By the way I gave evreyone my favorite GMs the other day. Walt has moved up obviously not a top ten GM but 11-16 some where in there and also Towers has moved way down. Walt hosed him on that deal.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,817
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    So now that the Reds big league roster is pretty much set, how about we discuss the unlikely possibility that this team under achieves in 2013. I know its a negative topic, but this is a forum and that's part of what we do here.

    So who would be on the top of the Reds trade list should they have a drop off in 2013? I would think Shin-Soo Choo, Bronson Arroyo, and maybe even Ryan Ludwick.
    Choo and Ludwick definitely. I don't see any of our SP being traded, but I could see Broxton being traded if we really don't do good.
    **********

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    470
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    Choo and Ludwick definitely. I don't see any of our SP being traded, but I could see Broxton being traded if we really don't do good.
    Why wouldn't Bronson be traded? He is in the last year of his deal and not going to be resigned due to the young guys being ready. I think him and Choo are both for sures. Ludwick too because of the short term contract and low annual salary. He could bring a decent return of young prospects.

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    1,668
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    Why wouldn't Bronson be traded? He is in the last year of his deal and not going to be resigned due to the young guys being ready. I think him and Choo are both for sures. Ludwick too because of the short term contract and low annual salary. He could bring a decent return of young prospects.
    Im not sure he will be traded. He is a leader in the clubhouse, never gets hurt, and wants to finish his career in Cincy. I think they will work out a fair deal.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,817
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    Why wouldn't Bronson be traded? He is in the last year of his deal and not going to be resigned due to the young guys being ready. I think him and Choo are both for sures. Ludwick too because of the short term contract and low annual salary. He could bring a decent return of young prospects.
    basically this:
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Im not sure he will be traded. He is a leader in the clubhouse, never gets hurt, and wants to finish his career in Cincy. I think they will work out a fair deal.
    the ownership loves him, he really isn't that expensive, after seeing what worse pitchers are being paid, he's a leader and he helps the younger pitchers a lot. he's a work horse, and he does a lot for the city/is a fan favorite.

    you can never have too much good SP. I don't think any of our starters will be traded, including Bailey.
    **********

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,087
    vCash
    1500
    Zero chance we have a down year gentlemen.

    GODS OF JUICE

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •