Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast

Thread: Offseason Ideas

vCash
    Rolen should be welcomed back with open arms if he wants to return. He is a solid bench player at this point in his career and will help the team as a pinch hitter/ defensive sub. I hope he comes back.

vCash
    I think Dusty wants to move on without him too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    I think Dusty wants to move on without him too.
    It isn't up to Dusty though so that quote doesn't really matter. It is Walts decision.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    It isn't up to Dusty though so that quote doesn't really matter. It is Walts decision.
    If Dusty doesn't want him on the roster, then he won't be. the owners like to let him make decisions.

vCash
    Dodgers are looking at Rolen. They can have his arse.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jlohm1 View Post
    If Dusty doesn't want him on the roster, then he won't be. the owners like to let him make decisions.
    I disagree. Dusty wants Chapman as a closer and yet he is a starter. I woud love to here your sources that tell you this though.

Rolen will be a Red or retire. He wanted a trade to Cincy to be closer to his Jasper IN home. I don't think 4 years later he wants to go to the farthest spot away from Indiana.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    I disagree. Dusty wants Chapman as a closer and yet he is a starter. I woud love to here your sources that tell you this though.

Rolen will be a Red or retire. He wanted a trade to Cincy to be closer to his Jasper IN home. I don't think 4 years later he wants to go to the farthest spot away from Indiana.
    Dusty hasn't said what he wants Chapman to do. It's just one of those things that we'll have to wait and see. My guess is that he'll be a closer though because our rotation is basically set.

and like I've said, it's not fair for the Reds. Pitchers and Catchers are about to report and they need to start filling in their roster. It's not fair to the Reds that they should have to leave a spot open for him just in case he decides to play again. I think it would be best for both if he retires because he's not capable of playing even half a season anymore. and Frazier deserves a chance to play everyday.

vCash
    I think the Reds are going into this year with the intentions that Chapman is a starter. Its easy to convert back to the pen. They have to find out if he is a potential ACE. Could you imagine the one two threat of Chapman and Cueto, then when Latos decides to show up in June or July? If this staff gets any run support, its over.

Cueto - Will be as good as last year. Will get pressure of being the ACE from Chapman and Latos.
    Chapman - We will see. I think he will easily win 2 of 3 starts
    Latos - Would like to see him put in a full year. Potential of being great.
    Bronson - What else can you ask. Inning eater, never hurt, and a leader in the clubhouse. Close to a MVP
    Bailey- Made huge strides last year. Starting to become the pitcher we hoped he would be.

leake in the pen for now waiting in the wings to start. What a shame to have a guy like that as back up.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    I think the Reds are going into this year with the intentions that Chapman is a starter. Its easy to convert back to the pen. They have to find out if he is a potential ACE. Could you imagine the one two threat of Chapman and Cueto, then when Latos decides to show up in June or July? If this staff gets any run support, its over.

Cueto - Will be as good as last year. Will get pressure of being the ACE from Chapman and Latos.
    Chapman - We will see. I think he will easily win 2 of 3 starts
    Latos - Would like to see him put in a full year. Potential of being great.
    Bronson - What else can you ask. Inning eater, never hurt, and a leader in the clubhouse. Close to a MVP
    Bailey- Made huge strides last year. Starting to become the pitcher we hoped he would be.

leake in the pen for now waiting in the wings to start. What a shame to have a guy like that as back up.

Latos started for a whole year last year and did great! and I think that Leake will get a starter spot over Chapman because Chapman is more valuable to the bullpen than Leake would be. actually, Leake would probably be in AAA to get regular starts.

vCash
    Jlohm. What I meant about Latos was that he has a terrible ERA in April, Man, and June (about 5.2) and is lights out in July through September. THis is almost identical to what he did in SD. Just would like to see him get a better start.

vCash
    John Fay is now reporting that Rolen wants to play, but money is the issue, and the Reds don't really have any more money to get anyone else, plus 3B is basically set, so the dodger may be his best option, even though he wants to play in Cincinnati.

vCash
    No thanks to Rolen. The second Todd starts to struggle Baker will F up and start playing Rolen.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    No thanks to Rolen. The second Todd starts to struggle Baker will F up and start playing Rolen.
    exactly. like I've said, I like Rolen, but I think the Reds need to move on without him. Frazier deserves to start everyday at third. he's earned it.

vCash
    Word brother.

vCash
    I would be thrilled if Rolen returns for another season. You just never know what will happen throughout an entire season. If Votto or Ludwick gets hurt Frazier can fill those positions and Rolen could play 3rd. If not, having a healthyl and fresh Scott Rolen off the bench would be great. I realize that bringing Rolen back could effect Frazier's playing time at 3rd, but I want all the talent the Reds can get and if that means dealing with some minor playing issues then I am fine with that.

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 614151617 LastLast