Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason Ideas

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by redsfan6794 View Post
    We signed Bronson to a 3 year extension deal in 2011 worth 35 mil. So I'm sure he's due to make around 10 mil this year. That's a nice chunk.

I wouldn't mind trading Didi, I like Cozart too much. He was a doubles machine last year and will be one of the best defensive SS in baseball next year.

Sparks, would you be more open to the idea of Arroyo and Didi OR Mez for Fowler and Swanner? Swanner is their best catching prospect and hits a t
    For some reason I just don't see Mez hitting big league pitching anytime soon. Hannigan and Navarro would suffice fine for next year.
    I would be more open to that, but I still wouldn't want to trade Arroyo. I doubt the Rockies would want him either. I don't see Mez being traded either, although I would have no reservations about including him in a deal. Navarro signed with the Cubs.

vCash
    keep in mind, Bailey isn't very good in GABP, and half of his games are played here. he's much better in bigger stadiums, so he could be easily dealt to a team with a big stadium.

I wouldn't trade Arroyo personally. I know he likes it here, and the ownership like him. our rotation is still pretty young, and having Arroyo around is really good. and believe it or not, he's one of the better pitchers in the NL over the last few seasons. he usually just has a handful of awful game a season, and if you take those games away, his starts are right up there with the leaders. a guy like him would be really hard to replace.

I could see the Reds trading Mesoraco. I don't think they were impressed with him last year. I remember they quietly sent him down to AAA to replace him with Navarro, who is gone now. Hanigan will be the opening day starter next year, but where Mesoraco will be, or who Hanigans backup will be is still unknown, IMO.

there were rumors on twitter yesterday about the Reds shopping around Hamilton, but I don't see them happening. I think they were just that, rumors.

but I like the Fowler trade idea because he's be a good leadoff hitter for this team and probably won't be expensive. how long has it been since the team had a legit leadoff hitter? Longer than I can remember. they keep bringing us these fast players that can't get one base (Stubbs, Patterson) and trying prospects that aren't good at it (Cozart). I think Hamilton is our leadoff hitter in the future, but he won't be here until 2013 at the very earliest. he still has a lot to learn, including a brand new position.

like dogdaddy said, Bailey's trade value has never been higher, and it may never be this high again. he's injury prone and could get hurt again. so keep that in mind.

I think the Reds are going to pursue a 3B man, and a leadoff hitter. whether or not they will get one, I don't know. but I think they will most likely get a leadoff hitter. Walt has said from the beginning of this offseason that is what he wanted. it will probably be via a trade though, unless they somehow manage to sign Victorino. They may also look for a backup Catcher. I was hoping they would sign Novarro, but now they will have to look elsewhere.
    Last edited by jlohm1; 12-03-2012 at 01:41 PM.

vCash
    Not sure if anyone has posted this, but Pagan is off the market. He signed a 4 year 40mil contract with the Giants.

Is it just me or does it seem like every team is looking for a leadoff hitter this offseason? I don't see the Reds signing Victorino, the market is just too big for leadoff guys this year.

vCash
    I am not against trading Bailey I am against trading him for Fowler. I think Bailey in a package could net more like a Peter Bourjos. I like him more than Fowler although his numbers are not as good as I thought. He did have a obp of .327 when he was a regular in 2011. He really had a bad year last year but he only played in limited time due to some guy named Mike Trout... not sure who that is!

O my god. Has anyone looked at Choos numbers? Wow that man is a get on base machine. That is who we need to play left. I wish we could trade Cingrani for him as long as there was time to extend him. .381 OBS on average. .401 in 2010. This guy is so underated it is nasty! I really want him on the Reds now look at this guys numbers!

http://www.baseball-reference.com/pl...choosh01.shtml
    Last edited by ChrisSabo17; 12-04-2012 at 03:13 AM.

vCash
    What I think we should do: Obviously add Victorino...hes our best option right now IMO.

But heres my team as of now...

Lineup

Victorino
    BP
    Votto
    Ludwick
    Bruce
    Frazier
    Hanigan
    Cozart

Bullpen

C - Broxton
    SU - Marshall
    MR - Simon
    MR - Ondrusek
    MR - Lecure
    LR - Cingrani
    LR - Leake

Starters

Cueto
    Latos
    Chapman
    Bailey
    Arroyo

Bench

Rolen
    Gregorious
    Heisey
    Stubbs
    Paul

GODS OF JUICE

vCash
    This was on the Reds site....

One of the other goals for the Reds is to secure a run-producing left fielder, namely by re-signing free agent Ryan Ludwick. Jocketty has a meeting with Ludwick's agent, Dan Horwits, slated for Tuesday morning.

"I think if we're going to sign him, we could do it this week," Jocketty said. "His agent is pretty up front. We've had a good relationship. We'll see where he stands."

vCash
    This winter meeting will prob be like last years. Nothing happened.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    This winter meeting will prob be like last years. Nothing happened.
    Thats not all that bad. I see us getting something done with Ludwick. That would be good news. However after that, I don't see much happening with little to no money left in budget. Im happy if Votto is protected with Luddy. I don't know why but I have a feeling Stubbs will come on strong this year. He is cheap with too much upside. I like him in the sixth or seventh spot, and I think they should take a look at Frazier leading off.

vCash
    I never understand how our budget is always lower even after a playoff apperance and ticket sales and everything being up. If Bob wants to win it all he needs to step it up and let Walt have more dough to roll with.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    Peter Gammons mentioned on twitter that the D'Backs would be interested in Didi in an Upton trade. Upton would be a perfect fit for LF and the 4 spot, not to mention he is under contract for 3 more years. I know it's unlikely to happen, but I can dream lol.

I was also wondering if you guys think Bourn may not be impossible to acquire on a 1 or 2 year now that most teams that have a need for a CF have looked elsewhere, driving his demands down

''Sig by Johnle''

vCash
    Dusty had in interview yesterday, and when asked about Chapman become a starter, he basically said he doesn't know. he said that last spring training he was only throwing 2-3 innings and he think's he is one of the best closers in baseball. he said he can't answer that question (on whether or not he'll start)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgobrownies7 View Post
    I never understand how our budget is always lower even after a playoff apperance and ticket sales and everything being up. If Bob wants to win it all he needs to step it up and let Walt have more dough to roll with.
    I don't get it either. we'll even trade and get rid of players getting paid a lot, attendance will increase, and merchandise sales will increase, and yet our payroll doesn't change and we still have no money to spend every offseason.

Walt also has to step it up. you guys know I don't like him, and this is why. when the Reds have a need he just sits there quietly until spring training and then has some bs reason like "I think we're good enough to win' or "nothing available would fit in our budget"

the Reds could have gotten Span for cheap. they only traded a single A pitcher for him I believe, and Juan Pierre would have played LF, and a one year, $1.6 million contract. both would have been perfect. and not once did i hear any rumors that the Reds were pursuing either of them.

vCash
    TUESDAY, 4:12pm: "We're in the ballpark," Reds GM Walt Jocketty said of the team's offer to Ludwick. The team is now waiting on Ludwick and Jocketty expects resolution this week (John Fay reporting).

MONDAY, 5:01pm: The Reds have an offer out to free agent outfielder Ryan Ludwick, manager Dusty Baker tells John Fay of the Cincinnati Enquirer (Twitter link). Reds GM Walt Jocketty told reporters he's optimistic, and he'll meet with Ludwick's agent tomorrow morning. A signing is possible this week.

Meanwhile, the Mets have interest in the 34-year-old, tweets Joel Sherman of the New York Post.

Jocketty also cleared up rumors about the Reds' interest in Dexter Fowler and Coco Crisp, telling reporters, "We really haven’t talked to either club if that’s any indication. I’m not sure Colorado is moving Fowler." Jocketty said the Rockies have not brought up Homer Bailey's name to him, either.

Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/cincin...mo8jvwHwBGQ.99
    they better do something or there won't be any leadoff hitters available and we'll have to use Stubbs again

vCash
    Courtesy John Fay on Twitter:
    Reds have talked to Arizona. Kubel, Parra, Upton are reportedly available. I don't think Reds could afford Upton.
    Reds have talked to Bailey about a long-term deal. Plan to talk to Latos also.
    Gerardo Parra (CF) would be a great leadoff hitter at an affordable price. Jason Kubel would be an interesting option should Ludwick sign elsewhere. He is a lefthanded hitter, so I don't know where Dusty would put him in the lineup, but Kubel has some pop.

Real happy to see the Reds trying to give Latos and Bailey long-term deals. Hopefully this will squash any more ridiculous trade rumors surrounding Homer.

vCash
    hopefully they lock Leake up too then

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast