Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Offseason Ideas

vCash
    I can agree Heisey's not proved he can be the everyday CF but watching Stubbs strike
    2+ times a game was driving me crazy last year. I think Heisey's head got messed up by Dusty last year. Go 3 for 3, or 3 for 4, and then he gets benched for 10 games. As far as him being an ogre in CF, I don't know what games you were watching but, outside of Stubbs speed, he's definitely as good in all other areas.

vCash
    Heisey is a good pinch hitter. Thats it. By the way, here is your 2013 starting lineup....

Hamilton - cf
    Phillips - 2nd
    Votto - 1st
    Soriano - LF
    Bruce - RF
    Fraizer - 3rd
    Hanigan - c
    Cozart - SS

You heard it here first!!

vCash
    Alfonso Soriano? dear God I hope not

and Hamilton won't be up until 2014 at the earliest. he still has a lot of work to do.

vCash
    Jlohm, If Walt said tomorrow that he signed Soriano to a two year deal, that would upset you? Really? 32 hrs and 108 rbis. He would destroy GABP. He would come at a discounted price considering his age and his struggles in Chicago.. He had a good year last year and would be looking to play for a contender.

As for Hamilton, I have the feeling that if he plays well this winter ... look for the move. Why waste money on a leadoff hitter when you already have one. How long does it take to learn how to play Center.......If the ball is hit to you --- Catch it... lol

Don't be surprised if one of the two happens.....Maybe both.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove12/st...league-central

Also don't forget some of our trade bait. Cozart would fill the role for many teams needing a SS. We have Gregorious and possibly hamilton and Frazier could move there in a pinch.
    Last edited by dogdaddy; 11-09-2012 at 07:31 AM.

vCash
    Soriano still has 2 years in Chicago at $18 million each year. the Reds have about $15 million to play with this off season. so not only would acquiring a washed up, over payed players eat up all of our free money, but it would eat up an extra $3 million that they don't have right now. also, RBI is somewhat over rated. a lot of it reflects the players batting before you, not so much how good you are.

and Hamilton still has to improve his hitting and his defense. he's good and he has a high OBP, but he still needs a lot of work done and he's not close to being major league ready. and they just moved him to CF, which means they probably plan on getting rid of Stubbs, but it also means that Hamilton has to learn a new position, which will take him longer to get better defensively.

vCash
    The Reds are interested in Michael Bourn

Craig Calcaterra

Nov 9, 2012, 4:04 PM EST

The Reds could use a leadoff guy, so ..

The Reds, who tried but failed to acquire a leadoff hitter at midseason, are interested in Michael Bourn, according to sources.

That’s Danny Knobler of CBSSports.com, who notes that, no, the Reds aren’t favorites. Which makes sense given the sort of money Bourn is likely looking for and the sort of money the Reds tend to spend on free agents.

If they want a center fielder/leadoff guy you have to figure that they’ll be knocking on the same doors the Braves are to replace Bourn, not knocking on Bourn’s door itself.
    http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/20...michael-bourn/

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash
    If the Reds could get Alfonso Soriano on the cheap by having the Cubs pay most of his salary then I wouldn't mind, but if the Reds have to pay more than 7 or 8 million over 2 seasons then not so much.

As for trading Cozart or Gregorious for a player like Denard Span. Yes, I would do that.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/1...gregorius.html

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stsparks72 View Post
    If the Reds could get Alfonso Soriano on the cheap by having the Cubs pay most of his salary then I wouldn't mind, but if the Reds have to pay more than 7 or 8 million over 2 seasons then not so much.

As for trading Cozart or Gregorious for a player like Denard Span. Yes, I would do that.

Just curious Spark, who would you keep and why?

vCash
    For some reason Span doesn't do much for me. He is solid don't get me wrong but does he really put us over the top to win it all?

vCash

I don't see the Cubs paying $11 million per season for 2 more seasons for a player not to play for them. he did ok for them, so it would be better for them just to keep him. I would rather just see the Reds not touch his contract though.

vCash
    Free agent Shane Victorino is on the radar for the Reds and Indians, tweets ESPN.com's Jerry Crasnick. The Rangers and Red Sox are also among the clubs looking into Victorino as they look to improve their outfield situation.
    Read more at http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/#QdeWpwaDKiHXQuBs.99
    mlbtr

vCash
    @jlohm1 soriano is to much of liability in outfield n even if cubs paid all i wouldnt do this at all. his best bet is going to the al to be dh but he alreay said no to that since he is 10/5 n no trade clause.

@stsparks72 as for that span trade ill d it in Cincinnati minute.

@letsgobrownies7 that be a good sign but dont borne want 100 mill. i know hes game changer but there is pagan and victorino on the market. with span as trade n hamilton coming up. i dnt see that signing.

@TnCat99 stubbs has had his strikeouts reduced last year. i for one is a big stubbs fan since he was in the minors. be great move if he moves to left in 2014 with hamilton coming up.

@jlohm1 heisey is not an everyday starter a good pitch hitter n a spot start in outfield.

@stsparks72 chapman cant throw more than 2 innings at most n if he does start he will be on dl with hurt elbow before all star game since he throws 100. besides we have 5 quality'
    with 3 or 4 waiting in the wing to jump into the rotation when need to be.
    Last edited by jlohm1; 11-11-2012 at 05:30 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by dogdaddy View Post
    Sorry Jlohm. Over rated is probably not the correct choice of words. Guess I was thinking that the Reds bigger needs is a true #4 hitter to protect Votto. I don't know..... I think the Reds biggest problem throughout the year was getting runners in rather than getting them on.. Therefor finding players that drive guys in is more important in my opinion. It was the deciding factor in the playoffs as well....
    actualy got to get them on n get them over to get them in. so ur arguement is invalid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisSabo17 View Post
    I could see the Reds sign Jose Lopez to play utility. The Reds need another SS though to play behind Cozart. I think Didi is done.. He will be delt in my opinion so we need a veteran guy to be Cozarts backup. Not sure who that is. No one is the FA pool looks good imo. Anyways freeing up Bronsons money and going out and getting Choo or Fowler makes alot of since! I hope they do it. Uncle Walt could also get the go ahead to do something huge this summer to get us over the top... I hope Bobby lets him anyways.
    i dont see lopez, i like to see them go after derosa,keppinger,threiot, and possible kicking the tires around to see if youklis will come in n back up frazier n votto. ( which thats just a thought , it wouldnt hurt to ask.)

vCash
    I would too, but realistically for somebody like Wright it will take trading Mesoraco and probably a quality pitcher like Leake or Bailey.
    ill trade nesoraco, cingrini, didi or cozart whichevr, and soto or lutz again which ever all are ready for majors or like soto very very close. if i had to choice between leake n bailey b bailey. itll be bailey

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast