Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jordansbulls View Post
    he isn't going to pass mj on this considering he would have already lost 3 series with hca while mj none and also how mj took an organization that was a losing organization and turned them into a dynasty. Lebron went to play with guys who got it done as the man so that will never help him in comparison to someone like mj. Also that mj is as statistically dominant if not more so since he is #1 all time in per in the season and playoffs and #1 all time in ws/per 48 minutes in the season and playoffs.
    Not to mention defensively it isn't even close. Lebron had guys at his own position who averaged more ppg in a series than he did and even at better fg% while mj never even had any other player on the floor average more than him.

Jordan didn't need 11 rings because he was on a completely different level than russell statistically (and also russell won 25 series to get 11 rings, mj had to win 24 series to just get 6 rings, so the situation was not comparable here.)

mj didn't need to average 50 ppg like wilt because he was on a completely different level than wilt in terms of accolades/titles (at least 100% more of the important accolades/titles - mvp's/fmvp's/titles etc.).

Lebron, however, cannot possibly be on another level from jordan statistically
    (he may end up being as good (right now mj is #1 all time in per in the season and playoffs and #1 all time in ws/per 48 minutes in the season and playoffs) if he keeps up current/similar production in the regular and postseasons for another 6-8 years; it would be a marginal difference, however, unlike russell/mj).
    Lebron also cannot amass enough accolades/titles to put himself on another level from mj (5 mvp's, 10-11 top 3 mvp finishes, 6 fmvp's, 6 titles, defensive recognition etc.), so he would have to differentiate himself some other way - namely, statistically - but as we've seen, he really can't do that either. So yeah, he does have to basically match or exceed jordan in all of these areas (accolades/titles, production, defensive impact), since it's unlikely that he can do enough in one of those categories to completely shatter what jordan did in that category so as to make his sum total case for goat stronger overall.

Few people really grasp the enormity of what jordan accomplished.

So to me things if the debate ever got close, mj going 24-0 in series with hca and always winning as the man and not having anyone on his teams who won league or finals mvp and also taking a franchise that never won before prior to him arriving and turning it into a dynasty is what i would consider a tie breaker sort to speak.

Remember the hca, taking an organization that never won before, etc only matters if the players are close to the same level.
    So isiah thomas doing it on the pistons doesn't mean much when comparing him to magic johnson or larry bird, but in comparison to someone like steve nash, jason kidd, gary payton, etc it does.
    this. All of this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JordansBulls View Post
    There is a difference between saying: "I will be" and ""I want to be". You might want to change the title of the thread because Lebron clearly says: "I want to be the best of all-time"
    This. Close thread. All you people need to go back and take English 101.
    Deal with it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Lol. I'm not the defensive one, sir. I believe that honor belongs to you. And I'm not in any way saying that Lebron deserves to be in the same discussion as MJ yet. But I also don't think it's fair to say that MJ is completely untouchable and always will be. I think Lebron has a lot of work to do, but he's on a path to at least be in the conversation as possibly the GOAT.

MJ is first in career PER and WS/48, but Lebron is second and sixth in those categories, respectively. He won five MVPs, Lebron has won three. the only area MJ clearly surpasses Lebron in substantially is rings. With time, if Lebron can come close to MJ in some of these categories, he could potentially be in the discussion.
    MVP's?? Really?? Who votes for MVP's? The press/sports writers? And the MVP doesn't equate to being the best player otherwise MJ would have 10 and Shaq would have a lot more than 1.

vCash
    Honestly I don't really see how LeBron passes MJ. He has a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG way to go in order to do so IMO. This post is in relation to the debate going on right now not the thread. The OP and the thread title is utter garbage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I don't care who you would "take over him." If you stack up career resumes, Hakeem, Wilt, Shaq, Bird, Duncan all drift slowly to the back of the room.
    Expand on this "career resume"

vCash
    He will never pass the scalabrine.

vCash
    I see these posts.. Let it be known that Jordan is on another level from any other person that has ever picked up a basketball in their life

I don't see anyone in the league now, college, or high school recruits being better than him right now or in the near future.. The guy was that good

vCash
    JB, I'm not going to address everything you just said, because I essentially just did that, more or less. But I completely understand what you're saying. Right now, MJ is the GOAT because of the accolades, titles and statistical dominance. BUT, I think Lebron is young enough that if he can touch MJ on some of those areas, he could at least belong in the same discussion. He's got a ways to go in terms of titles and MVPs, but he's right behind MJ in several advanced statistical categories, which he will likely continue to improve during his prime.

One thing to consider is that MJ also retired fairly early, which probably contributed to his extremely high PER and WS/48 career numbers. Had he continued to play in the late 90s into his late 30s like Lebron probably will, I think Lebron would currently have the lead in some of those advanced stat categories.

vCash
    People are actually agreeing with JordanBulls in this thread lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KnicksorBust View Post
    I don't care who you would "take over him." If you stack up career resumes, Hakeem, Wilt, Shaq, Bird, Duncan all drift slowly to the back of the room.
    If you say "screw advanced stats," then it's easy to put Kobe in the top 5. However, I don't. That's why he's barely in my top 10.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Losing in the finals twice already and joining a guy that already won a chip and finals MVP without him takes him out of the running.

But he will probably finish Top 10 all time.
    I Disagree....If he does say win 5 more titles and continues his ridiculous statistical output it will be interesting. He is an unstoppable player

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    lebron this season is gonna be scary
    Quote Originally Posted by KniCks4LiFe View Post
    Westbrook is like a younger version of A.I. mixed w/ 23 yr. old Kobe.
    WELCOME TO PSD

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    If you say "screw advanced stats," then it's easy to put Kobe in the top 5. However, I don't. That's why he's barely in my top 10.
    Not really though. I mean really what does Kobe have over Shaq, TD and Wilt? Rings? That's the only argument I see here.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme LA View Post
    MVP's?? Really?? Who votes for MVP's? The press/sports writers? And the MVP doesn't equate to being the best player otherwise MJ would have 10 and Shaq would have a lot more than 1.
    But you're completely missing the point. Both Magic and Bird WERE the greatest players in the league for an extended period of time and were deserving of their MVPs. Kobe never was. To ignore this point is just flat out ignorant.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Not really though. I mean really what does Kobe have over Shaq, TD and Wilt? Rings? That's the only argument I see here.
    Basically rings and some basic stats (other than Wilt, obviously). It's certainly easier to make an argument for Kobe in the top five without advanced stats, is the point I was trying to make.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast