Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast
    vCash
    sir do you even know what skill is? cracking tfu ... you're making me laugh over here.

vCash
    jamal mashburn.... im done literally no point in responding to you *logsoutofpsd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    does this guys actually think alcindor is the goat? #imdone.
    I think Mj is thee best, but outta RESPECT I go with Alcindor because her made major rules changes while he was playing in college. He made the dunk illegal. He dunked so much her demoralized the players. He had an UNBLOCKABLE shot (sky hook) that he could throw in from 20 feet. Respect the god.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    Thats a poor counter considering your only focusing on name value. I mean Elgin played with a healthy Wilt for 1 year and that was a broken down version of Elgin under a dunce of a coach facing a superior Boston team (yes they were superior considering their similar levels of efficiency and the fact that they didn't have Butch)
    I would disagree that they were similarly talented teams. LA still had Wilt at the end of his prime and West in the middle of his, as well as an aged, but still effective Elgin Baylor. Boston's best players at the time were probably Havlicek (who was certainly never a particularly efficient player), Bailey Howell and Don Nelson. Russell and Jones were clearly at the end of their careers. Mel Counts was also a pretty solid fourth option for LA.

Boston was deeper, but LA clearly had more talented players at the top. IMO, it's similar to the Pistons knocking off LA in 04 or the Mavs knocking off the Heat in 11.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLSFAN0810 View Post
    I think Mj is thee best, but outta RESPECT I go with Alcindor because her made major rules changes while he was playing in college. He made the dunk illegal. He dunked so much her demoralized the players. He had an UNBLOCKABLE shot (sky hook) that he could throw in from 20 feet. Respect the god.
    if you're gonna respect him call him kareem abdul - jabbar. clearly KAREEM didn't like that name and wanted follow his heritage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLSFAN0810 View Post
    His Worst attribute is heart/clutch
    His second worst is outside shooting
    His third is his all around game as far as scoring.(mid range, free throws)
    I'll give you outside shooting, but if you think the dude isn't clutch or has no heart, you clearly didn't watch the postseason last season or all of those years his talent was squandered in Cleveland. You think he wasn't clutch in that epic Pistons postseason game?

And anyone who thinks scoring is a weakness for Lebron is borderline ********. The dude was third in scoring, first in PER and WS/48 and ninth in TS% and EFG%. If you think the dude can't score, I really don't know what to tell you. The dude can score at will unlike anyone in the league other than Durant, IMO.

And everyone knows Pippen had one of the best mid range games bc he had a crazy good bank shot... Get on my level. James game is more like Pippen than it's like Jordan...but yet you spew praise to a guy who defers to wade like a second tier player. And I have james second/third tier because in the 90s I could see him being another Jamal Mashburn.... Great all arounder, but couldn't close the deal as the deal closer...aka The Mavericks punkd James...The Mavericks! Enough said!
    Holy ****! Did you just compare Lebron to Jamal Mashburn?!?! How can you honestly think this? Have you ever even watched Lebron James play a game of basketball or do you just spew nonsense because you don't like the guy? This one is so stupid, I did a double take.

vCash
    talent is something that someone is lucky enough to be born possessing - a natural ability to do something, A skill is something that can be learned, honed and improved.

lebron has immense talent and skill haters gonna hate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'll give you outside shooting, but if you think the dude isn't clutch or has no heart, you clearly didn't watch the postseason last season or all of those years his talent was squandered in Cleveland. You think he wasn't clutch in that epic Pistons postseason game?

And anyone who thinks scoring is a weakness for Lebron is borderline ********. The dude was third in scoring, first in PER and WS/48 and ninth in TS% and EFG%. If you think the dude can't score, I really don't know what to tell you. The dude can score at will unlike anyone in the league other than Durant, IMO.

Holy ****! Did you just compare Lebron to Jamal Mashburn?!?! How can you honestly think this? Have you ever even watched Lebron James play a game of basketball or do you just spew nonsense because you don't like the guy? This one is so stupid, I did a double take.
    hes probably that old guy who keeps reminiscing about the olden days and hates everything new i noticed alot of old school nba fans really have a lot of hate for lebron.

vCash
    I would disagree that they were similarly talented teams.
    I didn't say anything about talent. Thats more subjective and I guess up for debate, I do think LA had more star power obviously but what good is it if your coach isnt optimizing that talent? I was focusing on the level of play the teams displayed all year. Boston had the superior efficiency marks and were far deeper. LA was basically a 2-man team with Elgin being the only other player above league average and Counts being serviceable.

LA still had Wilt at the end of his prime and West in the middle of his, as well as an aged, but still effective Elgin Baylor. Boston's best players at the time were probably Havlicek (who was certainly never a particularly efficient player), Bailey Howell and Don Nelson. Russell and Jones were clearly at the end of their careers. Mel Counts was also a pretty solid fourth option for LA.
    Im not seeing what makes LA the stronger or more talented team. You describe Elgin as effective despite his putrid showing in the playoffs. He was far more than aged, he was damaged goods with creaky knees and a coach that overused him. I cant think of a more cancerous player to a contending team back then than Elgin on Wilt's Lakers. When stars get to this stage of their careers its easy to look at his name and a few games that bring back memories of a younger, more effective player. But when you look at the overall picture and the consistency of his game, thats when you realize that in between having those strong outings, Elgin was actually an inefficient chucker who made teammates worse, declined in the post season and couldn't make it up defensively.

Hondo was CLEARLY the better player by that point and hes the one your trying diminish? I dont understand that at all. Given the names you listed and how they played, I dont see how you cant even see them being comparable. Its far from being some kind of smoking gun thats for sure.

Boston was deeper, but LA clearly had more talented players at the top. IMO, it's similar to the Pistons knocking off LA in 04 or the Mavs knocking off the Heat in 11.
    Well the Pistons were more talented and the better team than their Finals competition so I would agree. Not sold on the other one.
    Last edited by Chronz; 10-30-2012 at 06:14 PM.

"It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

vCash

Lebron the year in reveiw passed soo many game winning and tying situation..one he passed to haslem when he couldve forced the issue . The other in the All star game where he passed to Wade when Kobe wanted to make an Allstar moment in a close game...you know like they always do...LBJ wanted no parts of that. its a repeating theme you cannot deny.Im not denying LBJs greatness but i do not rank him in the Realm of MJ ,now or at any time due to loses in Finals...Unless he run 7 in a row like he said.And i dont think scoring is a weakness for LBJ ,his jumper is fail than a mutha fuka.
    And if i compare LBJ to Pippen IT ISNT AN INSULT. PIPPEN WAS ONE HELL OF A PLAYER . HE LED A JORDANLESS BULLS 1 GAME FROM GOING TO THE FINALS.

and the comparison to Jamal Mashburn was spot on, the dude was 6.8 with handles ...one one one handles,not LBJs fast break handles He passed ,reb, he was hacked alot. the rules were diffrent. i have a theory, players within the last ten years or so that played then would thrive in a hands free NBA of today. LBJ is def is still great but i couldnt see him playing now, at his age ten- 15 years ago. He is mentally frail at times. He let the Mavs punk him...THE MAVS!! Not LA...NO OKC...THE MAVS!!! **** DIRK!!! HE SHOT JUMPERS, HOW DID LBJ NOT KILL? NO HEART,LOW SKILL SET. HE DIDNT LET BOSH ,THE HOT MAN GET OFF HE AND WADE THREW UP BRICKS...JJJ Barrea guarded him effectively...in the post. SO when we talk NBA i dont judge him mostly on this era. i judge them partly as if they played in the Golden Era. LBJ would be good but there were alot of guys who played as well as he . His strenght is his balhandling and superior athletism ,but he doesnt have that same ego a Kobe has. You can see it, he is great dont get me wrong but i dont see that fire, that i cut your throat;and thats why imo he will never get anywhere close to MJ, but being Pippen isnt ****ing bad either. MJ won 6 but Pippen did alot of the lifting too.
    Last edited by BULLSFAN0810; 10-30-2012 at 09:41 PM.

vCash
    While I can understand this argument to some extent, I would counter with the fact that Wilt played on a roster with Jerry West and Elgin Baylor and won zero titles with all that talent. That's three top 30 all-time players arguably, and Russell beat that team at the tail end of his career with inferior talent, playing 46 minutes a night in the postseason AND coaching that team. If that's not legendary, I don't know what is.
    it is legendary, but I am looking at the whole body of work, and overall floor dominance, and Wilt is just better to me.

I also don't think Baylor was that good when he played with Wilt, and Wilts coach was so inferior to Boston's, its not even funny.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Is it possible to be viewed as the most talented player of all time, yet not be the best player of all time? I think that is the path that Lebron seems to be taking.

vCash
    How can you be the best of all time when you're Wades *****? LOL

Anything Lebron does will have an asterisk next to his name. Period.
    LEAFS, CHELSEA FC, RAPTORS, BLUE JAYS, COWBOYS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeleafs View Post

for bitter fans like you, which represent the outliers, sure.

What about Magic, Bird, Russell, Duncan, Kobe, Jordan, Shaq? Any of them have an asterisk next to their accomplishments, seeing as they played with HOF'ers their whole career?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikeleafs View Post

KG forced his way out of Minnesota, does he get an asterisk? If Dwight or Nash win a title on this Lakers team, do they get an asterisk? Does Kobe get an asterisk for his 5 championships because he was not the best player on the team for the first three of those?

The answer to all of these questions is an absolute no....and it is silly to think Lebron deserves an asterisk...especially considering that he was the best player on the team for the championship.

Page 26 of 27 FirstFirst ... 1624252627 LastLast