Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast
Results 361 to 375 of 393
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    14,914
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLSFAN0810 View Post
    garbage? i love how you lameos come here spew your views but offer nothing but rude comments with no reasons to why you feel your way. i mean if its trash state why. dont be a *****. dont be a debbie downer" i think your dumb" speak up ..you watch ball,whats your imput other than ..your dumb...i dont like your writing...
    All I need to read is one of your posts to tell you know absolutely NOTHING about basketball.

    For someone to say LeBron James is the least talented star they have ever seen leads me to believe 3 things. 1. The absolute hate him with a passion and they are blinded past the point of reasonable thinking. 2. They have no rational understanding of the difference between TALENT and SKILLED and 3. They're just know nothing about basketball.

    In your posts you have conveyed all three. You say LeBron has the worst jumper since A.I. but in truth and in fact LeBron's jumper is better than 90% of the league's stars. You say he has no talent but in truth and in fact he is one of the most talented players ever to have graced the NBA hardwood. You said he has a horrible post game but his post game has no developed into one if the best in the game for a player his size.

    You have shown a complete lack of understand of the game of basketball and utter inability to access its players in this case its best player. LeBron is twice the player prime Hill was. In every single aspect and prime Hill was a beast.

    How can one claim to have knowledge of the game of basketball and say LeBron would have been a 3rd tier star. That's a bull**** argument if I have ever read one. LeBron's mid range game is better than Barkley's and Pip's could have ever dreamed to be his D is 10x that of Barkley's and he has zero issue with getting physical with the best of them. You sir know NOTHING of which you speak. Without question the worst poster in this thread.

  2. #362
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    802
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mngopher35 View Post
    Dont get me wrong he iss definitely not there yet by any means. I'm just saying that it is very possible that the Lebron we saw last year could be around for 4+ years and if so I would guess there would be at least a couple more FMVPs and or MVPS awarded to him. Lebron may not have started off quite as strong as them, but he was pretty good from the start as well. It is not his fault that he had such a poor cast in his Cleveland days.

    Lebron at age 20 regular season:27ppg 7apg 7rpg
    Magic at age 20 regular season (rookie year won finals mvp):18 7 8

    Lebron played at an elite level from his 2nd year in the league on.

    Lets remember its the whole career that counts and Lebron could have many more awards and dominant play to come. I'm not saying its guaranteed but its definitely possible.
    Magic also nearly avged a triple double going 18-11-9(.4) 3.1 steals on 52% in the post season. And why do you compare Magic's rookie season to Lebron's 2nd year?

  3. #363
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    24,294
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    Russell was so limited offensively. He was continually on stacked teams, outside a few years, and while Wilt didn't make the most of his talent imho, he was just a superior player fairly easily.
    While I can understand this argument to some extent, I would counter with the fact that Wilt played on a roster with Jerry West and Elgin Baylor and won zero titles with all that talent. That's three top 30 all-time players arguably, and Russell beat that team at the tail end of his career with inferior talent, playing 46 minutes a night in the postseason AND coaching that team. If that's not legendary, I don't know what is.


  4. #364
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    24,294
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLSFAN0810 View Post
    i can honestly say LBJ is the LEAST TALENTED STAR I HAVE EVER SEEN.
    No, seriously, stop... My side hurts from laughing so hard! The entire post was utter nonsense, but I literally laughed out loud when I read this nonsense. I've always thought the team "hater" was just a stupid term homers used when people talked **** about their players, but reading this mindless dribble you've posted, clearly that's not the case. You are the very definition of a "hater," sir. If I were you, I would take a step back and really read the crap you're writing, and then perhaps reevaluate my view of basketball and my life.


  5. #365
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    9,849
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLSFAN0810 View Post
    Grant Hill was LBJ BEFORE LBJ AND WAS CONSISTENT AT IT, He (Hill) was as big as a stat stuffer as James but he did it all he was the proto type following Pippen ...WHO IMO IS BETTER THAN JAMES. You can through all the stats you want...all i can say is this....


    Grant Hill in a Jordan league was top 3...With Malone,Shaq AND HAkeem..With a YOUNG Penny Hardaway..In a league with Ewing,Robinson,Mourning,Mutombo. So there was no cheap gimmes. Hill ave close to 30 and 6-7 ast 6-7 reb...more nights than not, he put up a triple double or more consistently a double double...on "his" team...and was a BETTER BASKETBALL PLAYER SKILL WISE...in a more physical NBA...REMEMBER GRANT HILL STILL PLAYS..THE MOVES YOUR FAVORITE PLAYER DOES...MORE AND LIKELY THEY LEARNED THEM FROM THE MASTER (MJ) The Athlete hasnt changed as much as you think. There has always been a 6-9 athlete that can dribble,and can be physically imposing AND plays multiple positons. LBJ is just the mythical one that is considered perfect bc of his ballhandling ability and size...AKA Magic/Shaq...multi purpose....all around...a tweener...the big mans version of a combo guard....the same thing as DERRICK ROSE,but rose doesnt destroy the NBA team concept as much as JAmes does....He(LBJ) puts people into diffrent positions where they normally dont belong...i.e your pg becomes a stand still,non driblling, shooter. its harder to pair him with a traditional team bc his skill set compliments others but he cant compliment himself( NO MOVES, NO POST GAME THATS FLUID)James will be the new age Dominque Wilkins...when his physical start to fail bc of age ,you see the players real skill...Kobe now vs James 5-6 years from now....id take Kobe now


    Magic
    Billy Owens
    MJ
    Rudy Ray
    Tmac
    Lamar Odom
    but he got injured and his career was ruined, so how can he be anywhere near james. im not gonna argue the other parts thats your opinion. but honestly with your logic tmac is top 15 all time as well. neither of these guys are going to make it into the hall of fame

  6. #366
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    9,849
    vCash
    1500
    does this guys actually think alcindor is the goat? #imdone.

  7. #367
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    perth australia
    Posts
    9,849
    vCash
    1500
    also bro theres a difference between talent and skill cottt dammit

  8. #368
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    24,294
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    but he got injured and his career was ruined, so how can he be anywhere near james. im not gonna argue the other parts thats your opinion. but honestly with your logic tmac is top 15 all time as well. neither of these guys are going to make it into the hall of fame
    Actually, I think there's a decent chance either of them could crack the hall. McGrady's peak and prime are so strong that you could make a case for him as one of the greatest scoring wings in NBA history, despite his lack of postseason success. And Hill's pro career was cut short, but because it's a basketball hall of fame and not just an NBA hall of fame, Hill could make it because of his dominance at Duke.


  9. #369
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Hereford, England
    Posts
    917
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by The goods View Post
    People want to forget these facts Soooo much, and yet they hold it against Kobe, to me losing in the finals doesn't mean much but at the same time if people hold it against Kobe they should hold it against LeBron.
    Anyone saying him losing to the Spurs in the finals that year with a team of average players who weren't ready for the spotlight might cost his legacy is punishing him for being so good at a young age. It should definitely not factor into his overall standing.

  10. #370
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    5,537
    vCash
    1500

    Lebron "I Want To Be The Best Of All Time"

    Complete disrespect to Lebron. The NBA forum is a joke because of posts like that.
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

  11. #371
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,478
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    While I can understand this argument to some extent, I would counter with the fact that Wilt played on a roster with Jerry West and Elgin Baylor and won zero titles with all that talent. That's three top 30 all-time players arguably, and Russell beat that team at the tail end of his career with inferior talent, playing 46 minutes a night in the postseason AND coaching that team. If that's not legendary, I don't know what is.
    Thats a poor counter considering your only focusing on name value. I mean Elgin played with a healthy Wilt for 1 year and that was a broken down version of Elgin under a dunce of a coach facing a superior Boston team (yes they were superior considering their similar levels of efficiency and the fact that they didn't have Butch)
    Last edited by Chronz; 10-30-2012 at 02:30 PM.

    "It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

  12. #372
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    2,152
    vCash
    1800
    Quote Originally Posted by dh144498 View Post
    Magic also nearly avged a triple double going 18-11-9(.4) 3.1 steals on 52% in the post season. And why do you compare Magic's rookie season to Lebron's 2nd year?
    They were both 20 yrs old at that time, and KB was talking about how magic dominated from day 1. I was pointing out that it didnt take Lebron very long at all to start playing at an elite level. Unfortunately they walked into very different situations and Cleveland was horrible and couldnt make the playoffs (even with that output from Lebron) so I couldn't compare postseason play.

    I am not saying Lebron came in and dominated more right away or anything like that. They both have been amazing from early in their careers is all I was trying to point out. If I could take either in their rookie season its Magic no doubt.

  13. #373
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,565
    vCash
    2166
    Quote Originally Posted by BULLSFAN0810 View Post
    garbage? i love how you lameos come here spew your views but offer nothing but rude comments with no reasons to why you feel your way. i mean if its trash state why. dont be a *****. dont be a debbie downer" i think your dumb" speak up ..you watch ball,whats your imput other than ..your dumb...i dont like your writing...
    and yet you do the same about Lebron James.

    i after reading your posts- its filled with the most hate-filled, blind-sighted, ill-informed content. You have nothing to back up your claims and your hate is blinding your views. Why argue with you when its clear you are here just venting on how you think.

    There are no conceivable posts that can change your mind.



  14. #374
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,773
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    All I need to read is one of your posts to tell you know absolutely NOTHING about basketball.

    For someone to say LeBron James is the least talented star they have ever seen leads me to believe 3 things. 1. The absolute hate him with a passion and they are blinded past the point of reasonable thinking. 2. They have no rational understanding of the difference between TALENT and SKILLED and 3. They're just know nothing about basketball.

    In your posts you have conveyed all three. You say LeBron has the worst jumper since A.I. but in truth and in fact LeBron's jumper is better than 90% of the league's stars. You say he has no talent but in truth and in fact he is one of the most talented players ever to have graced the NBA hardwood. You said he has a horrible post game but his post game has no developed into one if the best in the game for a player his size.

    You have shown a complete lack of understand of the game of basketball and utter inability to access its players in this case its best player. LeBron is twice the player prime Hill was. In every single aspect and prime Hill was a beast.

    How can one claim to have knowledge of the game of basketball and say LeBron would have been a 3rd tier star. That's a bull**** argument if I have ever read one. LeBron's mid range game is better than Barkley's and Pip's could have ever dreamed to be his D is 10x that of Barkley's and he has zero issue with getting physical with the best of them. You sir know NOTHING of which you speak. Without question the worst poster in this thread.
    damn! you put that clown in his place!

  15. #375
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,620
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    All I need to read is one of your posts to tell you know absolutely NOTHING about basketball.

    For someone to say LeBron James is the least talented star they have ever seen leads me to believe 3 things. 1. The absolute hate him with a passion and they are blinded past the point of reasonable thinking. 2. They have no rational understanding of the difference between TALENT and SKILLED and 3. They're just know nothing about basketball.

    In your posts you have conveyed all three. You say LeBron has the worst jumper since A.I. but in truth and in fact LeBron's jumper is better than 90% of the league's stars. You say he has no talent but in truth and in fact he is one of the most talented players ever to have graced the NBA hardwood. You said he has a horrible post game but his post game has no developed into one if the best in the game for a player his size.

    You have shown a complete lack of understand of the game of basketball and utter inability to access its players in this case its best player. LeBron is twice the player prime Hill was. In every single aspect and prime Hill was a beast.

    How can one claim to have knowledge of the game of basketball and say LeBron would have been a 3rd tier star. That's a bull**** argument if I have ever read one. LeBron's mid range game is better than Barkley's and Pip's could have ever dreamed to be his D is 10x that of Barkley's and he has zero issue with getting physical with the best of them. You sir know NOTHING of which you speak. Without question the worst poster in this thread.

    And I stand by it..Lbj by far, is the last talented Elite player in this era. How do you judge ? I judge by skill, and iq heart.

    Skill:
    Passing is james BEST attribute because size and court vision.
    Dribbling is his second BEST attribute.
    His third best attribute is athleticism
    His fourth is his size....

    His Worst attribute is heart/clutch
    His second worst is outside shooting
    His third is his all around game as far as scoring.(mid range, free throws)


    And everyone knows Pippen had one of the best mid range games bc he had a crazy good bank shot... Get on my level. James game is more like Pippen than it's like Jordan...but yet you spew praise to a guy who defers to wade like a second tier player. And I have james second/third tier because in the 90s I could see him being another Jamal Mashburn.... Great all arounder, but couldn't close the deal as the deal closer...aka The Mavericks punkd James...The Mavericks! Enough said!

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 152324252627 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •