Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 255 of 393
  1. #241
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    802
    vCash
    1500
    Lebron won't surpass Jordan unless he ends up winning something like 7 MVPs and 7 championships. His epic fail in the 2007 finals and, even worse, the 2011 finals are not things that help his case. He'll have to do way more than what MJ have done to surpass him.

  2. #242
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kobe's basement
    Posts
    866
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dh144498 View Post
    this lebron stan here....
    they always bring up the Robert Horry argument when people are talking about rings like it's supposed to be a valid argument. Cause Robert Horry was ever on the level of Jordan and Kobe?
    Kobe was never on the level Jordan was, so your argument is a wash.

  3. #243
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by el hidalgo View Post
    Kobe was never on the level Jordan was, so your argument is a wash.
    this is true

  4. #244
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    4,097
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dh144498 View Post
    Lebron won't surpass Jordan unless he ends up winning something like 7 MVPs and 7 championships. His epic fail in the 2007 finals and, even worse, the 2011 finals are not things that help his case. He'll have to do way more than what MJ have done to surpass him.
    lebron is in a better situation than jordan was.....

  5. #245
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    802
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by el hidalgo View Post
    Kobe was never on the level Jordan was, so your argument is a wash.
    so Robert Horry is comparable to Kobe as a player? Seems like your reply is a wash and you are not even staying on the point. What I said wasn't even an argument, it's just what it is. No one ever compared Robert Horry to any of the all time greats until Lebron stans came along and use it to counter the ring argument. Run along now and stay on topic, don't digress because you are sour towards a player.
    Last edited by dh144498; 10-29-2012 at 03:34 PM.

  6. #246
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    802
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rockbottom2010 View Post
    lebron is in a better situation than jordan was.....
    going 22ppg on 36% fg in the finals and then 18ppg and getting outscored in another finals by a bench player is definitely a better situation than what MJ was in...... enlighten us with your thoughts.

  7. #247
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    23,813
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by dh144498 View Post
    Lebron won't surpass Jordan unless he ends up winning something like 7 MVPs and 7 championships. His epic fail in the 2007 finals and, even worse, the 2011 finals are not things that help his case. He'll have to do way more than what MJ have done to surpass him.
    I'll admit the 2011 finals doesn't do him any favors, but how in the hell do you consider the 2007 finals to be an "epic fail"? He was playing with inferior teammates against a superior Spurs team. And if he hadn't played out of his mind in the playoffs, they never would have been in the finals in the first place.


  8. #248
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    802
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'll admit the 2011 finals doesn't do him any favors, but how in the hell do you consider the 2007 finals to be an "epic fail"? He was playing with inferior teammates against a superior Spurs team. And if he hadn't played out of his mind in the playoffs, they never would have been in the finals in the first place.
    his production went from 26-8-8 on 43% to 22-7-7 on 36%. That's a huge drop off wouldn't you agree? I'm not targeting the fact that he lost, it's how he lost. If he played his mind out like the way he did against Orlando in 09 and still lost, I wouldn't hold it against him.

  9. #249
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kobe's basement
    Posts
    866
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dh144498 View Post
    Lebron won't surpass Jordan unless he ends up winning something like 7 MVPs and 7 championships. His epic fail in the 2007 finals and, even worse, the 2011 finals are not things that help his case. He'll have to do way more than what MJ have done to surpass him.
    Enlighten me on how you think Kobe would have done with that roster in place of lebron. Kobe had a better team in 04-05 and didnt even make the playoffs

  10. #250
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,783
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dh144498 View Post
    his production went from 26-8-8 on 43% to 22-7-7 on 36%. That's a huge drop off wouldn't you agree? I'm not targeting the fact that he lost, it's how he lost. If he played his mind out like the way he did against Orlando in 09 and still lost, I wouldn't hold it against him.
    how did Kobe fair (individually) in his first finals? And he was option #2. LeBron had a wall built around him by the Spurs, and they forced his role players to step up, and we all know what happened there...

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

  11. #251
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,785
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    how did Kobe fair in his first finals? And he was option #2. LeBron had a wall built around him by the Spurs, and they forced his role players to step up, and we all know what happened there...
    Game 2, 8 minutes left in the first qtr, Jalen Rose (who a month ago admitted after 12 yrs that he purposely tried to undercut and injure Kobe) left the game.

    He missed Game 3 @ Indiana as Jerry West, PHil and Dr. Buss told him to sit as *** down after Kobe was stubborn and wanted to play.

    Game 4 in OT, Kobe took over when Shaq fouled out against the likes of Rik Smits and Sam Perkins.


    Game 5 Kobe was crap.


    Game 6, Kobe didn't shoot a great % but made the big plays, still manage to score 26 pts and hit the free throws at the end to ice the game and Lakers win 116-111.




    Kobe's PPG is skewed for the fact that he didn't play an entire 44 minutes of game 2 and scored only 2 pts in that game.

  12. #252
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    802
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by el hidalgo View Post
    Enlighten me on how you think Kobe would have done with that roster in place of lebron. Kobe had a better team in 04-05 and didnt even make the playoffs

  13. #253
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Kobe's basement
    Posts
    866
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by dh144498 View Post
    That's it? He had Caron Butler and Lamar Odom. Who did LeBron have? Larry Hughes and Big Z? wow, strong cast.

  14. #254
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    802
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    how did Kobe fair (individually) in his first finals? And he was option #2. LeBron had a wall built around him by the Spurs, and they forced his role players to step up, and we all know what happened there...
    poorer stats than Lebron outside of the game 3 takeover. But this isn't about Kobe vs ___, it's about whether Lebron can match up to Jordan's legacy.

  15. #255
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Bushwood Country Club
    Posts
    58,783
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    Game 2, 8 minutes left in the first qtr, Jalen Rose (who a month ago admitted after 12 yrs that he purposely tried to undercut and injure Kobe) left the game.

    He missed Game 3 @ Indiana as Jerry West, PHil and Dr. Buss told him to sit as *** down after Kobe was stubborn and wanted to play.

    Game 4 in OT, Kobe took over when Shaq fouled out against the likes of Rik Smits and Sam Perkins.


    Game 5 Kobe was crap.


    Game 6, Kobe didn't shoot a great % but made the big plays, still manage to score 26 pts and hit the free throws at the end to ice the game and Lakers win 116-111.




    Kobe's PPG is skewed for the fact that he didn't play an entire 44 minutes of game 2 and scored only 2 pts in that game.
    I don't care about PPG, he did not play well in the series outside a few quarters, like many first timers to the big stage, and he played far worse than LeBron did in his first finals, he just happened to have a peaking Shaq and superior roster around him to be able to hide his play.

    Furthermore, if people are going to hold LeBron to his finals play previous to this year, it can be done with any player not named Jordan in a negative light. So its pointless.

    If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •