Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 195 of 393
  1. #181
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos_Sports4Life View Post
    How am I even being biased.. I never even claimed bird was clearly better..I was just arguing Kobe isnt clearly better than larry
    The fact that your user name is Bos_Sports4Life should answer this question.

  2. #182
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    14,914
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos_Sports4Life View Post
    How am I even being biased.. I never even claimed bird was clearly better..I was just arguing Kobe isnt clearly better than larry
    I've seen/read enough of your posts to know. You're no where as bad as 69Centers but I think you and I both know where your bias lies.

  3. #183
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Trinidad and Tobago
    Posts
    14,914
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    If you want to go by ws/48, than Bird would be the 19th best player of all time career wise. If you want to go by peak, than he wouldn't even crack the top 30 and would be under guys like Robinson, Dirk, CP3, Barkley, Malone, Lebron, Garnet, Duncan, Hakeem...etc. If you wan't to use it to compare against Kobe, than logically you have to use it to compare against everyone else as well.

    As far as your little Detroit comparison. Purely subjective opinion argument. Impossible to prove.
    That's the only part of the post you paid attention to though. He also pointed out the fact that Bird was a better passer, rebounder a more efficient scorer and in his opinion (as well as most) a better leader. I'm not a fan of using a singular stat in any argument for any player since they all have their shortcomings but lets not act like he didn't provide anything else to go along with his argument.

  4. #184
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,494
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    If you want to go by ws/48, than Bird would be the 19th best player of all time career wise. If you want to go by peak, than he wouldn't even crack the top 30 and would be under guys like Robinson, Dirk, CP3, Barkley, Malone, Lebron, Garnet, Duncan, Hakeem...etc. If you wan't to use it to compare against Kobe, than logically you have to use it to compare against everyone else as well.

    As far as your little Detroit comparison. Purely subjective opinion argument. Impossible to prove.
    Peak is a subjective length..I did say 8 yr peak to clarify however. So use ws48 while using only players who had around the same mpg.

    So find 30 players who had better 10 yr peaks..

    For the record I have 0 problem with someone having duncan and hakeem over bird.

  5. #185
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    That's the only part of the post you paid attention to though. He also pointed out the fact that Bird was a better passer, rebounder a more efficient scorer and in his opinion (as well as most) a better leader. I'm not a fan of using a singular stat in any argument for any player since they all have their shortcomings but lets not act like he didn't provide anything else to go along with his argument.
    True, but all he did was just gave a bunch of categories he felt Bird was better in without any sort of proof or comparison to anything that Kobe was better in. At least in his ws/48 analysis (which made up 90% of his post BTW), he provided figures for both Kobe and Bird to prove his argument.

  6. #186
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,494
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    I've seen/read enough of your posts to know. You're no where as bad as 69Centers but I think you and I both know where your bias lies.
    The only time ppl think I'm bias is when talking about Russ/auerbach.

    Other than that, idk the last time I was told I was biased.

  7. #187
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,494
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by amos1er View Post
    True, but all he did was just gave a bunch of categories he felt Bird was better in without any sort of proof or comparison to anything that Kobe was better in. At least in his ws/48 analysis (which made up 90% of his post BTW), he provided figures for both Kobe and Bird to prove his argument.
    Bird historically speaking is one of the best ever in a few diff aspects. Shooting, rebounding AND passing are all some of the best in the history..

    He was also clutch as heck late, extremely efficient.

  8. #188
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,785
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by bucketss View Post
    you just hating on chronz because he spits raw facts that people like you can't disprove


    #yourwelcome



    Raw facts on what? He was mocking my post to Hawkeye. He didn't even bring up any new info.

    Know what's going on in a thread before you look foolish with such false allegations.

  9. #189
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Indianapolis, IN
    Posts
    3,993
    vCash
    1500
    So...he's wants to be the B.O.A.T.?

  10. #190
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,785
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Chronz View Post
    I know, thats what made it so hilarious to me. So I poked fun at it.


    Why do you keep putting that in quotation marks? When have I ever called myself a PSD Veteran? Ive literally asked you this twice before and you have never explained it to me.


    Again why do you keep bringing up my time served? You think Im insecure yet your the one who keeps talking about rep, "veteranship" etc... how does that work .... lmfao
    And its an illogical expression because its one you cant take at its word, in other words its worse than a cliche, its an illogical expression of your flawed opinion. I totally get what your trying to say, but your analogies and basis for comparisons are hilarious to me. Thats all


    LOL what? Im suppose to change because Ive been here for a long time? Sorry bro but Ive been like this from day 1 of the internets.


    OK?

    What the hell does that even mean. You are so verbose in your explanations that sometimes you lose sense of what the hell you were talking about in the first place.

    The PSD veteran label comes from the fact that your tone and responses to everything seems like you just feel entitled since you've been here since 2007. You want people to be ball-licking you as you throw out stats etc. and try to play devil's advocate on basically everything.

    If 90% of PSD is agreeing on one thing, and I happen to be a part of that 90%, then you'll come out (and most of the time only reply to my posts) and spew out some garbage from basketball reference.com and mydaddychronzstats.com


    You think you're knowledgeable, but you don't impress me one bit.

  11. #191
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    C Florida
    Posts
    6,336
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyRealist View Post
    So...he's wants to be the B.O.A.T.?
    Boats float on water, there is a major discrepancy between a G.O.A.T which in basketball is the Greatest of all time, a goat which is an animal that produces milk, and a moat which a boat can float on but not entirely.

  12. #192
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    10,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos_Sports4Life View Post
    Peak is a subjective length..I did say 8 yr peak to clarify however. So use ws48 while using only players who had around the same mpg.

    So find 30 players who had better 10 yr peaks..

    For the record I have 0 problem with someone having duncan and hakeem over bird.
    8 years is hardly a peak. It's more like the bulk of a career. Do you really expect me to take the time to provide an 8 year peak for 30 players and post it? I don't really have the time bro. lol Obviously I was just guesstimating when I said that. But you should know that Bird was not even in the top 100 when it came to top regular season ws/48.

    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...48_season.html

    Just for ***** and giggles...

    Dirk and Birds 8 year peak for ws/48

    Dirk Bird
    .275 .244
    .278 .243
    .249 .243
    .248 .238
    .224 .225
    .222 .215
    .223 .205
    .213 .182

  13. #193
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,785
    vCash
    1500
    Funny how Kobe, Bird and Michael have been talked about more than the guy who the thread was initially made for (LeBron).


    Just shows that LBJ has way more to do before he even sniffs the company of those guys.

  14. #194
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,697
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by Bos_Sports4Life View Post
    I just don't see how you think it's not close..

    Bird is the better leader, easier to build around ect..along with the better 7 yr peak.
    Im sorry but just because I think its a lopsided debate doesnt mean I dont think its close. I know that sounds like an oxymoron but Im trying to say I wouldn't blame someone for choosing Bird, he definitely has a case. But Im giving you my opinion and unlike a comparison between Kobe and Magic, I have very little trouble going against Bird. I just feel its an easy distinction between the 2 even admitting they are close.

    I dont buy that Bird had the better 7 year peak.

    Personally speaking, if I was building an all time team that would win in this era I'm taking magic, mj, Bird, Duncan, and Hakeem.
    You know I think I would too, but that doesn't mean Im taking Hakeem or Duncan before Shaq/KAJ if Im starting a team or choosing the better NBA career. But I admit thats a pretty good quality to have.
    Last edited by Chronz; 10-27-2012 at 12:52 AM.

    "It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

  15. #195
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    33,697
    vCash
    1894
    Quote Originally Posted by Swashcuff View Post
    Chronz aren't you one who value peak over longevity?
    Yes very much so.

    How is Kobe better than Bird in your opinion then when his peak doesn't match up?
    I feel it does. Bird was maybe better at his very best (its a compelling argument) but I like Kobes combo of Prime/Peak run better thats all.

    You're saying that you don't see what stats he's talking about? Well sir I think you need to get your glasses checked.
    How so? He was asking me to ignore one of Kobe best runs, if those are the kind of numbers he wants me to look at then no thanks.


    By the reasoning that you used in favour of Kobe (high level of play against superior D) then you should also have the likes of Dirk and Nash ahead of Bird as well.
    But they dont have the overall case that Kobe does.

    "It’s absolutely ludicrous” (to judge players based on whether they’ve won a title.)

Page 13 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •