Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 393
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Atlanta, GA
    Posts
    14,210
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012
    Why would he want to go to the Lakers.
    Because he could still be the best player in the game by then and Jim Buss would be a fool not to go after him.

    I grew up HATING Barry Bonds because of the battles he had with my team in the early 90s. And yet, when he became a free agent, I wanted my team to do whatever possible to get him because I finally started appreciating what he was doing out there. He was that good, probably deserved 3 or 4 more MVPs than he actually received. LeBron is that way, and the Buss family knows it.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,785
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Jones View Post
    I still feel like he doesn't actually play for Miami. I don't know why.. Just seems like he's still in Cleveland. But I'm ******** so I'll just go **** myself.
    I think I know what you mean by this. No matter the success of the Heat franchise, organization, fans and the rest of the team, at the end, it'll always ben about LeBron James. Seems with how LeBron promotes himself and how ESPN promotes him, the brand of LeBron James >>> than the brand of the actual Miami Heat franchise.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    27,950
    vCash
    500
    He'll end up either #1 or #2.

    Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,785
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bravo95 View Post
    Because he could still be the best player in the game by then and Jim Buss would be a fool not to go after him.

    I grew up HATING Barry Bonds because of the battles his teams had with my team in the early 90s. And yet, when he became a free agent, I wanted my team to do whatever possible to get him because I finally started appreciating what he was doing out there. He was that good, probably deserved 3 or 4 more MVPs than he actually received. LeBron is that way, and the Buss family knows it.
    Even so, I'd like to see LeBron retire in Miami.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,219
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefflin View Post
    No, I hope you're not trying to be funny.
    I found zef's youtube account

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRf35wCmzWw

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Posts
    23,040
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by KB-Pau-DH2012 View Post
    This is all-time rankings, the entire span of their career, the entire body of work of both guys. Not the comparisons of the guys the last 3 yrs or so.
    Lebron has been the better player for five years. And I'm aware that longevity and career are what we're discussing, which is the only reason Kobe will make any top 10 lists. Lebron's peak and prime absolutely crush Kobe's and it's not close. And I would argue that Kobe was never the best player in the league at any given time, whereas Lebron has been the best player in the league for probably the last four or five seasons.


  7. #37
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    1,464
    vCash
    1500
    Lebron said it for the Lulz

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,878
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    He will most definitely finish top 10 all-time, and at least belongs in that discussion already. And if he continues on this current path, wins a few more rings and adds another MVP or two, he'll definitely join the GOAT discussion. I think it would take at least 3-4 rings for people to speak about him in the same breath as Jordan, though.


    I don't even think he needs to join the Lakers to do this. If Wade and Bosh can stay relatively healthy for another 3-4 seasons, there's no reason Miami can't win at least two more rings in that span.
    He has the opportunity to mentioned in the same breath as MJ but he did give up his chance at surpassing him.

    You can't have a better career than MJ. You can only hope to match it and even that is almost impossible. 6-6 in the Finals and MJ was the only player to carry his team's offensive burden throughout his entire career. Kenny Smith said it best, no other player in history had the amount of success that MJ did while being the only player on his team to demand a double and triple team. Add with that what MJ did on the defensive end is just too unbelievable.

    Lebron will be top ten all time. It just doesn't get any better than MJ.

    But if we're talking most athletic of all-time, Lebron is already there.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,878
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by baller101200 View Post
    He'll end up either #1 or #2.
    How can he surpass MJ?

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,540
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Since when is Kobe in the top 5? Kobe is barely in my top 10, much less top 5. Lebron will undoubtedly pass him, and I would argue that he already has in a number of ways. He may never get five rings, but he also never played with anybody of Shaq's caliber. Lebron is undeniably the better player than Kobe and has been for sometime.
    June 17th, 2010.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,785
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Lebron has been the better player for five years. And I'm aware that longevity and career are what we're discussing, which is the only reason Kobe will make any top 10 lists. Lebron's peak and prime absolutely crush Kobe's and it's not close. And I would argue that Kobe was never the best player in the league at any given time, whereas Lebron has been the best player in the league for probably the last four or five seasons.
    I could debate that, but this isn't the thread for that. This thread is about LBJ, and I don't think he's been as effective or dominant than guys like Magic, Kareem and Michael from start to finish. Those 3 guys will be top 3 for me unless some new kid on the block shows me otherwise.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Posts
    23,040
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme LA View Post
    He has the opportunity to mentioned in the same breath as MJ but he did give up his chance at surpassing him. You can't have a better career than MJ. You can only hope to match it and even that is almost impossible. 6-6 in the Finals and MJ was the only player to carry his team's offensive burden throughout his entire career.
    I disagree. Just because Jordan was 6 for 6 in the Finals doesn't mean he'll necessarily have the better career. If that was the only contributing factor, then Bill Russell would undeniably be the greatest of all-time. I would argue that (like Lebron), MJ struggled in his early career to get past a superior team (Pistons) until he got a supporting cast capable of doing so.

    Kenny Smith said it best, no other player in history had the amount of success that MJ did while being the only player on his team to demand a double and triple team. Add with that what MJ did on the defensive end is just too unbelievable.
    Yeahhh.... I disagree wholeheartedly with both of these things. You're treating Scottie Pippen like a role player, while he was a top 25-30 all-time player, himself. And as far as defense goes, I would argue that Lebron's impact on defense is probably greater than MJ's.


  13. #43
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    California
    Posts
    27,950
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by Supreme LA View Post
    How can he surpass MJ?
    By being better.

    Andrew Luck, Robert Griffin III, and Colin Kaepernick walk into a bar... To watch Russell Wilson win the Super Bowl.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    C Florida
    Posts
    6,336
    vCash
    1500
    Nothing wrong with what he said, anything that is newsworthy from Lebron or Heat related for that matter will always get blown out of proportion as long as the big 3 are intact.

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Parade Down Figueroa
    Posts
    16,785
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JNoel View Post
    Nothing wrong with what he said, anything that is newsworthy from Lebron or Heat related for that matter will always get blown out of proportion as long as the big 3 are intact.
    Sorry to tell you this, but LeBron was already relevant before he joined the Heat. Your organization and fanbase doesn't make him any more relevant tbh. As I said, the brand of LBJ will always be greater than the brand of the Miami Heat. They may be working with each other, but in reality, they are two separate entities.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •