Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

New Ownership: Go get AGON BACK!!!

We all know about the New Ownership Group I have heard rumblings that they are willing to push the payroll to $75 or even a $100 mil.

If this is true I say AGON is the first guy we should target.
    We have the deepest system in the league I would package Yodier Alonso with 1-2 other top arms and ask Boston to eat 20-25mil which would make AGON a 16-17mil per year player for us.

Headley+Agon+Quentin+Grandal=future World Series
    thoughts????
    Last edited by bolts4ever; 08-23-2012 at 08:01 PM.

vCash
    Too much money to tie into one guy, Alonso is turning into quite the player over at 1B. Besides, team should build from within 5+ year contracts are too risky.

vCash
    Gonzalez will forever be a trader in my eyes. No love for his home team, and all about the money. Perfect description of a sellout. Chin music ordered by the skipper.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

ONE NATION, DOMINATION, RAIDER NATION!

vCash
    Chase Headley is a guy you should focus on keeping. He's a real good talent.

North County San Diego, CA... You know, the Whales Vagina
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by slvr&blck760 View Post
    Gonzalez will forever be a trader in my eyes. No love for his home team, and all about the money. Perfect description of a sellout. Chin music ordered by the skipper.
    Don't ever forget this is a business. Maybe not to us but to them it is absolutely and these guys can only play for so long. Why not get what you can.

We could have paid Adrian, we chose not to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Seiya View Post
    Too much money to tie into one guy, Alonso is turning into quite the player over at 1B. Besides, team should build from within 5+ year contracts are too risky.
    Man!

This is America and you get what you pay for. If you want to have a team that competes year in and year out it is going to cost the franchise money. But, if you field a team that competes every year you will see a larger fan base and increased revenue.

You get what you pay for

vCash
    That ship has sailed. What we need is to be able to hold on to what we have in the future. That will be a good start. No more trading away the best players please!

vCash
    Bring back the San Diego chicken too!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hometown Hero View Post
    Don't ever forget this is a business. Maybe not to us but to them it is absolutely and these guys can only play for so long. Why not get what you can.

We could have paid Adrian, we chose not to.
    This is exactly why I'm slowly losing interest in the game. Loyalty is a thing of the past. Long gone are the days of the Tony Gwynn and Cal Ripken type players. The game has become all about business and money. ! lack of accountability and commitment to the community have become prominent. Baseball is not the same as football. Players are very capable of playing 15-20 years in the major leagues. Why not get what you can? - Better yet, why not play for the love of the game? Why not represent your community to the best of your ability? Greed is the simple answer.
    Last edited by slvr&blck760; 08-30-2012 at 12:35 PM.
    "We don't take what the defense gives us; we take whatever the hell we want." - Al Davis

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmegmatron View Post
    Bring back the San Diego chicken too!
    Love'd seeing the chicken as a kid at "The Murph" when I was a kid! The Chicken alone would put fans in the seats!

vCash
    This is exactly why I'm slowly losing interest in the game. Loyalty is a thing of the past. Long gone are the days of the Tony Gwynn and Cal Ripken type players. The game has become all about business and money. ! lack of accountability and commitment to the community have become prominent. Baseball is not the same as football. Players are very capable of playing 15-20 years in the major leagues. Why not get what you can? - Better yet, why not play for the love of the game? Why not represent your community to the best of your ability? Greed is the simple answer.

Business is not always pretty and as I become an adult I no longer hold professional sports in the same light as I did as a child. I think it is ownership who you should really be upset with here more so than the players. When players ask for these huge contracts it always strikes people as greedy until you look at the revenues coming into these franchises. They are not looking for the team to come up with money out of nowhere but rather what they believe is their fair share. What is wrong with franchises distributing their profits more generously amongst their players. Players may play for 15 years or so but a professional franchise lasts a lot longer than that.

When you say why don't they play for the love of the game I would just say again that it is a business. If you want to see people play strictly for the love of the game and for their communities check out high school and college sports. You will find exactly what you are looking for. But in the pro's it is a different game unfortunately.

vCash
    Gonzalez isnt a trader, management did not want to spend the money to put winners on the field. If you were arguably the best first baseman in baseball would you play for a losing team for less then average money? Simple answer is no. The fact that he even considered staying proves he isnt a trader, like any player he just wants to win.

Did he get a lot more money? Yes. Did he leave only for the money? No. Boston at the time seemed to be a good first baseman away from a championship, id take that deal too.

vCash
    Alonso will help us forget A-Gon's departure. Look what he did this year defensively and offensively as a rookie. He and Grandal looked like veterans out there with virtually no time in the majors before this year. I'm still in awe over those guys and Boxberger looks like he will make the Latos trade a clean sweep once he gets his control problems worked out.

I think Volquez was the only downside to the trade. He's another head-case like Latos.

vCash
    What do you guys think about bringing back Peavy to add a veteran to the rotation if its a reasonable deal, say 3/27

vCash
    If the new management would spend for it I'd be for bringing Jake back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast