Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ewing View Post
    I think my version of rock and roll might eat yours for lunch but keep posting.
    Oh, that's not my version of rock, I've never considered Mayday a rock band. I just really love their lyrics/sound and it's relateable.

This is the type of rock I love.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFk5ov5XUxI

I have 45 songs by them on my itunes, all of them with 50+ plays and 4 over 150

It's weird that Mayday/ADTR are two of my favorite bands, but they are.
    I also like BFMV, Rise Against, Four Year Strong, and a bunch of others. I listen to A TON of music.

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash

ewing

Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5tMYFLqWnc

That's pop punk at it's best.

That didn't sound very pop at all. More hardcore then anything. Cool crowd thats for sure

This is what i think of when i think of pop punk bands

Buzzcocks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVOc...eature=related

Dead Milkmen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9U948s9HcM

The queers, screeching weasel, etc

Anyway, i post more real punk. I dropped out of the sceen and got a real job 10 years ago

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metsrock229 View Post
    Seriously? Where did I say anything about pop punk. All I said was they were the greatest live show I've seen thus far. It's all personal taste.

I listen to a lot of pop punk, like Blink, new found glory, sum 41, The offspring, yellowcard, etc, which are some bands that have influenced All Time Low.

That's great that you find those bands the true meaning of punk/pop punk, but I listen to bands of my personal taste, not what defines a genre the "right way". If that makes any sense. I've only heard of Set Your Goals and The Wonder Years but never checked them out. Music is all about personal taste. I love All Time Low, their music has good energy and great lyrics. I don't see how they're lame because they're not punk enough for you.
    Oh I know you didn't call them pop punk, I was sharing the way I felt about other people calling them that. If people wanna listen to pop rock, go ahead, but the fact that they call themselves pop punk just to sound cool is so lame.

vCash
    That didn't sound very pop at all. More hardcore then anything. Cool crowd thats for sure

This is what i think of when i think of pop punk bands

Buzzcocks
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVOc...eature=related

Dead Milkmen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9U948s9HcM

The queers, screeching weasel, etc

Anyway, i post more real punk. I dropped out of the sceen and got a real job 10 years ago
    The Story So Far has hardcore elements, but they're pretty pop punk. New Found Glory was a huge influence for them, hence their name.

vCash
    Interesting, I like some the songs up here but other then my MC5 Clip and whoever that Dizzy Wright guy is it seems like most the artists come of aloof and almost bored during there performances. Again i'm not taking a shot at anyone's taste (i like many of the songs), i just find it interesting how controlled and subdued most people's favorite clips are
    Idk, I think a performance can still be great even if the performers appear controlled/subdued. I mean, I appreciate an energetic, crazy live act (I'm an RHCP fan and they've been known for that), but sometimes I don't think the music calls for it.
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash

ewing

Quote Originally Posted by JLynn943 View Post
    Idk, I think a performance can still be great even if the performers appear controlled/subdued. I mean, I appreciate an energetic, crazy live act (I'm an RHCP fan and they've been known for that), but sometimes I don't think the music calls for it.

I like Freddie Mercury and Rivers Cuomo but IMO only one is performer. For me if your not going to bring great energy or emotion and you don't have Jeff Buckley's voice i'd rather listen to you at home.
    Last edited by ewing; 11-20-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raps08-09 Champ View Post
    My dick is named 'Ewing'.

vCash
    I like Freddie Mercury and Rivers Cuomo but IMO only one is performer. For me if your not going to bring great energy or emotion and you don't have Jeff Buckley's voice i'd rather listen to you at home.
    Eh. Personally, I've seen bands that the music is phenomenal (different solos, improv jams, etc.) but they aren't running around stage or anything, and those have been some of my favorite shows. It's all personal preference of course, but sound trumps energy for me. They can still have stage presence while subdued.

Meanwhile, I saw a Blink 182 concert and was bored to death (not a fan of the music to begin with though)
    2014 Adopt-a-Packer: Micah Hyde

vCash

Favorite live preformance clips

I'm bumping this because early this year I fell in love with TSSF, Man Overboard, The Wonder Years, Neck Deep, Real Friends, La Dispute etc. especially the first few I listed.

I saw man overboard last week and over the summer. Tssf at warped and seeing them next month. Saw the wonder years on the house party tour and that **** was insane ADTR is easily the best band ive seen, blew atl and others out of the water. Maybe because I was at the front and the set was just insane.

Hopefully Jack sees this. Like I said, I don't think All time low is pop punk but I still love them. I'm not sure if I listened to quicksand when you posted it last year, but if I did, I'm not sure why I didn't like it. But I ****ing love The Story So Far that new album is perfect

If You Ain't Huckin, You Ain't ****in

vCash
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMSXCT0RVvM

^personal favorite of mine. Stevie Wonder joining The Rolling Stones live in the early 1970s. Both artists were in their prime and that was a very special performance. the energy is special.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123