Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Jeremy Lamb was demoted to the D-League. I can't wait until the epic showdown between Kevin Jones and Lamb, it's going to be the biggest event in basketball history!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Jeremy Lamb was demoted to the D-League. I can't wait until the epic showdown between Kevin Jones and Lamb, it's going to be the biggest event in basketball history!
    Goat vs. Lamb! Epic!!!

Smoke 'em if you've got 'em

vCash
    Not that it really means much at this point... On Thorpes Rookie Rankings - Waiters has gone from #3 to #8 and is now #13. That being said they have Kyle Singler rated #6 and that tells me all I need to know about a rookie ranking thus far. But this ranking is "Only" for November. As Thorpes writes it's likely to change before seasons end. And then some.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Not that it really means much at this point... On Thorpes Rookie Rankings - Waiters has gone from #3 to #8 and is now #13. That being said they have Kyle Singler rated #6 and that tells me all I need to know about a rookie ranking thus far. But this ranking is "Only" for November. As Thorpes writes it's likely to change before seasons end. And then some.
    Singler's not even really a rookie. I understand that this is his first season in the NBA but he went overseas last year and still played professional ball. Also those rookie rankings change week by week and Singler has been good lately. I think it really depends on the minutes he gets on that team. I really like the Pistons direction they are heading with Monroe and Knight as the centerpieces. More depth is what they need and development just like the Cavs but they have some good pieces.

HOYERMANIA!!!

vCash
    From Cavs the Blog:

Neon Dion - The first month

David Thorpe has assessed the rookies after one month and Dion didn’t make his top 10. Here’s what he had to say about Waiters:

“Dion Waiters, Cavaliers — Nov. 23: Waiters still looks like a more dribble-happy version of Marcus Thornton with a bigger upside. His raw numbers looked good against the Magic — he scored 25 points and dished out 5 assists with no turnovers. But I counted him shooting 3-for-10 on bad shots, meaning he missed seven times when he had far better options than what he chose: step-back 3s with time on the clock, a one-on-three transition drive and “hope” shot, and forced long jumpers.

During Cleveland’s recent five-game stretch, he made five shots per game and missed 12 per game, which is tough to swallow when Cleveland lost four of those games by close margins. If Waiters learns the value of good shot selection, he’ll see his shooting percentages go up while his team wins more games.”

Thoughts?

vCash
    Any idea why they call him Neon Dion? Is it a Syracuse thing?

vCash
    More on Waiters

http://nba.si.com/2012/11/28/nba-roo...red-sullinger/

Damian Lillard and Anthony Davis took an early stranglehold on the Rookie of the Year race and have been so tremendously productive that they’ve obscured most other first-year players. So today, we respectfully put those two standouts aside, fantastic though they may be, for the sake of checking in with the rest of this year’s rookie class. The following 15 rookies have been chosen solely by sample size, as they (excepting Lillard) have logged the most overall minutes of all first-year players, but have been sorted and dissected for your reading and scouting pleasure.

PROSPECTS IN PROGRESS
    Dion Waiters, Cleveland Cavaliers

Waiters already has volume scorer written all over him only a month into his NBA career. But it should be interesting to see how the Cavs’ eventual roster shaping affects Waiters’ shot selection. Though he and point guard Kyrie Irving essentially have carte blanche to hoist up shots, Waiters’ optimal NBA utility will require that he rein in his bulk shooting attempts and tone down his driving game to the point where he can actually convert some of the looks he’s creating. Waiters has some nice ball skills (including a decent off-hand) and can use the pick-and-roll to launch toward the rim by either splitting defenders or wheeling around them.

That said, once Waiters creates a sliver of space, he hurls himself toward the basket without regard for help defense or the potential for the slightest creativity. His basketball world is composed of binaries and straight lines, and that kind of stripped-down court view often does him more harm than good. If Waiters starts to identify the context of the game more clearly (a big if, given that we’ve long waited for so many players to come to a similar realization), his field-goal percentage will jump. If not, he may prove to be equal parts help and imposition to Cleveland’s offense.

There’s some fun two-way potential for Waiters and Irving to work off one another, and the roots of their fledgling chemistry are already apparent. The relationship is a bit stilted at this point, as Waiters is often too preoccupied with barreling toward the rim to actually read the passing lanes created by his drives. But with both players capable of initiating the offense and knocking down spot-up looks on the weak side (Waiters has converted an impressive 51.6 percent of his spot-up three-point attempts, per Synergy Sports Technology), the Cavs could have the foundation of a sound drive-and-kick system. That assessment banks on some improvement in Waiters’ playmaking judgment, but we can safely assume that some gains will be made in that regard over the next few seasons.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    Had me literally laughing out loud at work.

vCash
    I'm thinking Irving being out has really hurt Waiters. He gets a lot better looks and matchups when Irving is on the floor with him.

vCash
    “@johnhollinger: Hawks entered at No. 1 in defensive efficiency. Waiters is a 20-year-old rookie in 16th NBA game and they can't guard him. Impressive stuff.”

vCash
    BScott said players were hammering Waiters afterwards for jacking the 3, but Waiters insisted it was right shot.

"I wouldn't take the shot back at all," Waiters said. "If I had a chance to do it again, I'd take the same shot...maybe get a little bit closer."

Then he laughed.

Scott told the players in the huddle to get the ball to Waiters and clear out.

"I guess I have to be a little more specific and say try to get to the basket," Scott joked. "I thought it was a perfect matchup for us. Then (Waiters) bailed him out by shooting a 3 that didn’t touch nothing. Luckily Zo was there to rebound the ball and put it in."

DeShawn Stevenson defended Waiters on the final play after Waiters destroyed him in the second quarter. That's why Scott wanted Waiters to get to the basket.

vCash
    Thank God we have such great offensive rebounding in AV, I wouldnt trade him if we are gonna keep letting Waiters shoot hes a def need on the floor, glad Gee got that one last night. Zeller looked pretty good last night, think we can have both Zellers on the floor next season?

vCash
    Nice Dilliard and Waiters matchup tonight, waiters continues shooting lights out, as in bricking so hard its reflecting and busting the stadium lights lol. Or heel its so off maybe even hitting them on the way to the rim, either way they def arent going in the basket. 2-8 from three 4-17 from the floor somebody tell that guy to stop shooting.

vCash
    He can't stop shooting though, our offense needs contributions from him if we're going to have a chance at winning. His shot was rough last night, you're right there, but there was some good from him in last nights game. After he started off slow he started to focus on getting his teammates open looks which led to his assists coming in key moments. Also, in back to back clutch moments he was able to step up and find a way to make the 3 then make the bucket in the paint. Overall it wasn't a good game from Waiters but definitely not a lost night either. This was the time of game that shows he is starting to progress in our offense.

vCash
    LOL at Otto Grahm we didnt blow out Pittsburgh, and last time I check Wilson is having a winning season and a amazing season he doesnt have more picks then TDs like so rookies, and Foles just took over the starting spot for Philly over Vick so what are you even talking about If he can start for them hed start for us...

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast