Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carlessyen View Post
    Jones 31 and 16 Saturday night, hmmmmm nah lets keep Harangody and Walton they are so Beastly we are trying to lose, there is no way we keep Walton and Leave Jones in D League unless we are trying to get lottery pick, or a monkey is running the Franchise. Must be to Draft Waiters with Lamb and Dillard on the board still so prob a lil of both,
    Lamb hasn't done anything... and we didnt need another Pg so why Lillard? I think Waiters is gonna be a stud anyways.

vCash
    Jones 31 and 16 Saturday night, hmmmmm nah lets keep Harangody and Walton they are so Beastly we are trying to lose, there is no way we keep Walton and Leave Jones in D League unless we are trying to get lottery pick, or a monkey is running the Franchise. Must be to Draft Waiters with Lamb and Dillard on the board still so prob a lil of both,
    Just because you beast in the D-League doesn't mean you will cut it in the NBA. Heck, Luke Jackson was beasting in the D-League and we all saw how his NBA career turned out.
    It's more beneficial to keep Jones in the D-League to develop him. That's what the "D" in the D-League stands for. We owe Luke Walton money and that is why he is a part of the team. He probably has something in his contract that says he cannot be sent to the D-League.
    It sounds like you are suggesting that Lamb is better than Waiters. Although Lamb has played limited minutes in OKC he hasn't shown anything significant. The Cavs were high on Lillard but they already have Kyrie. And that is why the drafted the best SG in the draft thus far.

vCash
    Lamb was playing well before he went to OKC hes not getting minutes there. Hes far better then Waiters, and Dillard could been converted or Irving its not like either are true passing point guards anyways. Waiters hasnt seen a shot he doesnt like. He has no team concept, or shot selection he forces tons of shots. And trust me Jones is better then Walton, Samuels, and Thompson be delusional if you want all I hear is he cant guard the 4 position doesnt seem like Thompson does either Ive never seen anyone fall for pump fakes and get blown by as much as this guy someone will say he gets blocks, but thats not a real defensive stat neither is steals you can get those stats alot of times because your in the wrong place not fronting your man or getting in behind him with a forearm to his lower back. I knnow without a doubt he can out defend any of those guys way more aggressive player trains hard wants to win hate all day if you want, someone else will call him up that is worried about skill more then size and he will have a good career someone with better eye for talent like San Antonio.

vCash
    Again, if Jones is so good, why didn't anyone draft him? The Spurs could have selected him at the end of the draft but decided to take an undersized guard over him. I think he's a skilled player with a chance at being a nice role player but you act like the kid is a superstar. Take off your homer glasses.

As for Waiters/Lamb, just keep saying whatever makes you feel better. Lamb had a better summer league, sure, but Waiters is showing his talent against NBA competition that is currently zeroed in on stopping him. With Irving out all our opponents are throwing their best defenders Waiters way while we're asking him to carry the offensive load. Of course there's going to be some struggles. Rookies don't always come in and just dominate right away. If you aren't pleased with Waiters production so far then I'm not sure what you want from the kid. Irving's success last year seems to have spoiled some of you guys.

vCash
    Lamb was playing well before he went to OKC hes not getting minutes there. Hes far better then Waiters, and Dillard could been converted or Irving its not like either are true passing point guards anyways. Waiters hasnt seen a shot he doesnt like. He has no team concept, or shot selection he forces tons of shots. And trust me Jones is better then Walton, Samuels, and Thompson be delusional if you want all I hear is he cant guard the 4 position doesnt seem like Thompson does either Ive never seen anyone fall for pump fakes and get blown by as much as this guy someone will say he gets blocks, but thats not a real defensive stat neither is steals you can get those stats alot of times because your in the wrong place not fronting your man or getting in behind him with a forearm to his lower back. I knnow without a doubt he can out defend any of those guys way more aggressive player trains hard wants to win hate all day if you want, someone else will call him up that is worried about skill more then size and he will have a good career someone with better eye for talent like San Antonio.
    Lamb only played well in the summer league..... Get off the dudes nuts. Waiters > Lamb all day. There's no rush to move Kevin Jones cuz he's a D League player. let him own the D leauge and develop.

vCash
    Ok lets try breaking this down. You say that Lamb was playing well b4 he got to OKC. How are you really going to gauge that, by Summer League games or by preseason games because yes you are correct he is only averaging 4.3 MPG at OKC but if you want to say a guy did this or that in non-competitive games compared to a guy putting up numbers in actual NBA games you just cant do that. How can you honestly say that he is FAR BETTER than Waiters when he really hasn't played in competitive NBA competition yet nor has he had to be a focal point of the offense on any of the games. Adam Morrison put up the same numbers in Summer League as Lamb so I guess the Cavs should have signed him and he is FAR BETTER than Waiters too.

Now moving on to Lillard as thats who I am assuming you meant by Dillard. Irving could not be converted to the 2 so lets just knock that nonsense off right now. He can get it away with it from time to time but that would not have worked out for his entire career as his body would not have been able to take it as you could clearly see that he already has troubles against stronger PG's in the league as evident last year. He would be even worse off on defense at the 2 than he already is. Lillard is an interesting case. He definately came out of college as the better all around shooter than Beal, Waiters and Lamb but the one thing that Cleveland apparently didn't want to do in the draft is draft the same position which Lillard would be with Irving. You can say all you want that he could have converted to the 2 but no one knows that because he never had played the 2 and dealt with the defensive and offensive responsibilites of that position as well as how his body would hold up at 6'3 195 pds at the 2. You can look at his stats right now and just go off of that assuming that the Cavs made the wrong choice as Portland has already made it clear that the offense is going to run through him and he is going to get the PT to get his numbers as he is averaging 5 MPG more than Waiters. Also apperantly you don't watch many Portland games as Lillard doesn't really seem to have a shot out there that he doesn't like as he does average more shots a game than Waiters as a PG and the only reason his APG are more is because he has the ball in his hands 80% of the time on the offensive side of the floor. If you are an actual fan of the Cavs you should know that Waiters biggest weakness out of college was his shot selection. That is hard for a young man to overcome but with more seasoning and transitioning to what Bryon is trying to teach him you hope that he can realize what is there and what isn't ther for him at times. I'm not going to get into the team concept comment as it seems that you really don't watch any of the games.

Listen I understand you have it out for Waiters and if you were running the Cavs they would be undefeated right now running a squad made up probably of Derrick Williams, Jonas V, Lillard, Kevin Jones and Jeremy Lamb but the team is what the team is right now. From what I remember you have a lot of things in your life you can do besides deal with the Cavaliers so I would recommend just doing one of those many great things and not have to worry yourself of this awful team you apperantly just dont like because they won't let your buddy (if you actually do know him) come up because they are developing him in the place where players who aren't ready for the NBA get Developed. I like how you say some other team will call him up and reep the benefits when you do realize fool that no team drafted him right. I guess all those other teams just were waiting for him to become and UDFA so that they could draft more undertalented players.

And last time I checked, I'm pretty sure steals and blocks are stats and they are defensive stats. Have no idea what you are even trying to get at with that ridiculous statement.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    I concur with Otto and Melo. I also can't wait for this guy Jones to come up to the NBA (if he ever does) so we can all pick apart his game like Carl has with Waiters and the entire Cavs organization.

vCash
    Waiters is playing against NBA talent better because hes on a crap team thats won 2 games that has no one else to score if he was in OKC hed be getting less minutes then lamb dont make this guy out to be the next DWade or something at 2 guard hes scoring cause no one else can especially with Irving out. And hes def taking his shots, you give anyone 20 shots they are gonna score what hes scoring. Hell I could shoot 20 shots a game and hit 30 or 40% of them. He forces shots, bad shots ask any sports anaylst will say same thing about this pick. I love the Cavs and less I like Jones alot I dont think hes a savior I think he offers 14 to 18 and 10 boards for us and alot better defense. Thats all Im saying I know he can outplay Casspi, Walton, Samuels, or Thompson If you dont think so youve never seen the guy play. Everyone drafted before him he out hussled and out played all year even Thompson in the tourney. This guy his balls to the wall. All heart and hustle and great character and if you dont want him on your team your a fool. He didnt get drafted because of his injury and you can see now its not a issue. You guys can talk **** and hate on me all you want. Im usually always right. in my head at least..

vCash
    Waiters is playing against NBA talent better because hes on a crap team thats won 2 games that has no one else to score if he was in OKC hed be getting less minutes then lamb dont make this guy out to be the next DWade or something at 2 guard hes scoring cause no one else can especially with Irving out. And hes def taking his shots, you give anyone 20 shots they are gonna score what hes scoring. Hell I could shoot 20 shots a game and hit 30 or 40% of them. He forces shots, bad shots ask any sports anaylst will say same thing about this pick. I love the Cavs and less I like Jones alot I dont think hes a savior I think he offers 14 to 18 and 10 boards for us and alot better defense. Thats all Im saying I know he can outplay Casspi, Walton, Samuels, or Thompson If you dont think so youve never seen the guy play. Everyone drafted before him he out hussled and out played all year even Thompson in the tourney. This guy his balls to the wall. All heart and hustle and great character and if you dont want him on your team your a fool. He didnt get drafted because of his injury and you can see now its not a issue. You guys can talk **** and hate on me all you want. Im usually always right. in my head at least..
    As long as your right in your head! Didn't realize Dion Waiters has played enough games to warrant a career evaluation. The same goes with Jones who hasn't played one NBA game. I haven't seen much of Jones play but If I had to give him a career evaluation like you have with Waiters I'd put him at the level of Samardo Samuels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    As long as your right in your head! Didn't realize Dion Waiters has played enough games to warrant a career evaluation. The same goes with Jones who hasn't played one NBA game. I haven't seen much of Jones play but If I had to give him a career evaluation like you have with Waiters I'd put him at the level of Samardo Samuels.
    Samardo Samuels is a great role player

vCash
    Mark Price, Craig Ehlo, Brad Daughtery, Larry Nance, Terrell Brandon, Ron Harper, Hot Rod Williams coming out of retirement?
    Why are we still taking this guy seriously?

Do I have to get him to lose his temper and get banned again? I will if I have to..

vCash
    Also from Cavs the Blog:

-Dion Waiters actually had a decent game, despite another mediocre shooting night (7-20 from the field). He dished out 7 assists, and some of them were beauties. His play-making ability seemed almost Harden-esque at times, as he put the ball on the floor and whipped cross-court passes with ease. When Dion learns how to finish at the rim and hit his jumper regularly, he’ll be a real star in this league.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Also from Cavs the Blog:

-Dion Waiters actually had a decent game, despite another mediocre shooting night (7-20 from the field). He dished out 7 assists, and some of them were beauties. His play-making ability seemed almost Harden-esque at times, as he put the ball on the floor and whipped cross-court passes with ease. When Dion learns how to finish at the rim and hit his jumper regularly, he’ll be a real star in this league.
    Knock that off Arch, you know that Dion has no team concept as a player.

Carl that might have been the best line I took from you.

I know a lot of people have been getting on Dion's case with his defense lately but watching last night and the couple games I have so far this year of the Cavs, he does not really get beat or bullied by anyone but instead just doesn't know his assignments and movements throughout the defense yet. Hopefully like KI that comes with experience through time especially with him having to transition from the strict zone that he ran at Cuse but he definately could improve with this through time. I like his length and strength on the defensive end so far though just needs to get smarter and more polished.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Knock that off Arch, you know that Dion has no team concept as a player.

Carl that might have been the best line I took from you.

I know a lot of people have been getting on Dion's case with his defense lately but watching last night and the couple games I have so far this year of the Cavs, he does not really get beat or bullied by anyone but instead just doesn't know his assignments and movements throughout the defense yet. Hopefully like KI that comes with experience through time especially with him having to transition from the strict zone that he ran at Cuse but he definately could improve with this through time. I like his length and strength on the defensive end so far though just needs to get smarter and more polished.
    I agree. Jones is the GOAT!

Shannon Brown was trying to bully him last night. I don't think it really worked since Shannon Brown is more or less a "fake tough guy" as they like to say. Just like Jermaine O'Neal... what the hell does the Phoenix Medical Staff have in their arsenal? A fountain of youth potion - Jermaine O'Neal looked ten years younger last night. I thought Cleveland Clinic was supposed to be one of the best Institutions in the World. Yet, all the Cleveland Sports teams continue to have injury woes.

vCash
    I wonder if Waiters will miss some time too? He is to have an MRI on his hand. If no Waiters, Boobie or Irving we will definitely lose... I see lots of playing time for Pargo and Donald Sloan.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast