Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    vCash
    The thing that has made me happy with Waiters is that he's finally attacking the basket more. He just needs to start finishing at a higher percentage. Once the game starts slowing down a bit more for him he'll start turning those into buckets on a regular basis and stop leaving all those points on the floor. As Otto said, we knew he was going to have his ups and downs this year.

vCash
    TT is getting better I dont mind a PF thats not gonna put up alot of points in the paint if we have scoring in other positions to cover it. But When Irving is the only one scoring on a consistant basis gonna make it hard to start a guy only putting 8 to 10 a night. His defense is really bad as well. Ive never seen anyone get beat by pump fakes so much in my life. I really feel him and Waiters arent bad picks, but def werent the best we could do with the picks we had. Id rather had, Dilliard or Lamb without a doubt. And Leonard the year we got TT. But we just have to learn to love the guys cause they are here. I love how Andy plays i hate to lose a energy and heart guy like that but i guess hes getting up there if we can get decent youth for him pull the trigger I guess. I hate to see him go though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carlessyen View Post
    TT is getting better I dont mind a PF thats not gonna put up alot of points in the paint if we have scoring in other positions to cover it. But When Irving is the only one scoring on a consistant basis gonna make it hard to start a guy only putting 8 to 10 a night. His defense is really bad as well. Ive never seen anyone get beat by pump fakes so much in my life. I really feel him and Waiters arent bad picks, but def werent the best we could do with the picks we had. Id rather had, Dilliard or Lamb without a doubt. And Leonard the year we got TT. But we just have to learn to love the guys cause they are here. I love how Andy plays i hate to lose a energy and heart guy like that but i guess hes getting up there if we can get decent youth for him pull the trigger I guess. I hate to see him go though.
    FYI this isn't the "Official Tristan Thompson Thread" nor is it the "I should've would've could've drafted XYZ" thread.

Do you have anything of clarity to offer about Dion Waiters in "The Official Dion Waiters Thread"?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    The thing that has made me happy with Waiters is that he's finally attacking the basket more. He just needs to start finishing at a higher percentage. Once the game starts slowing down a bit more for him he'll start turning those into buckets on a regular basis and stop leaving all those points on the floor. As Otto said, we knew he was going to have his ups and downs this year.
    Not only did he go to the basket, but he drew a lot of contact but didn't get any calls. Hopefully this will change when the "rookie" tag comes off.
    Last edited by BornInOhio; 11-19-2012 at 05:24 PM. Reason: typo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BornInOhio View Post
    Not only did he go to the basket, but he drew a lot of contact but didn't get any calls. Hopefully this will change when the "rookie" tag comes off.
    That's a good point. Kyrie had to go through the same type of struggles at the beginning of last year. It's definitely a big adjustment for guards at this level.

vCash
    I thought I covered waiters with the Dilliard or Lamb statement. And the i have to try and like the guy cause hes on our team but i think hes a gun, and misses over half his shots. I dont think he fits the system and I think the guys i mentioned woulda been better picks. But since hes on our team ill hope he improves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carlessyen View Post
    I thought I covered waiters with the Dilliard or Lamb statement. And the i have to try and like the guy cause hes on our team but i think hes a gun, and misses over half his shots. I dont think he fits the system and I think the guys i mentioned woulda been better picks. But since hes on our team ill hope he improves.
    Misses over half his shots? A rookie who is less than 10 games in? And you want him shooting above 50 percent?

You know who else missed "over half their shots" on their career? Michael Jordan. Yes he was a career .497% shooter.

Kobe Bryant is a 45% career shooter. And your beloved Damian Lillard is shooting 44%.

Lol I think you need to reconsider before you say that someone who misses "over half of their shots" is not a good player...

vCash
    Misses over half his shots? A rookie who is less than 10 games in? And you want him shooting above 50 percent?

You know who else missed "over half their shots" on their career? Michael Jordan. Yes he was a career .497% shooter.

Kobe Bryant is a 45% career shooter. And your beloved Damian Lillard is shooting 44%.

Lol I think you need to reconsider before you say that someone who misses "over half of their shots" is not a good player...
    This is my last serious reply to you. WAITERS is shooting at 38.8% from the field and yet you are comparing him to MJ and KB who shot 49.7 and 45 percent respectively which is way higher than waiters. Damian Lillard is ONLY shooting 44% Waiters miss 62% of his shots

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Auto4short View Post
    He's definitely been cold the past couple games. He'll get past it though.
    And you notice one thing? When he is cold we lose odd isn't it

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ottograham14 View Post
    Brownie, you are not going to get that kind of deal though for AV at least at the deadline due to the fact that the most likely trade partners for AV would be contending teams looking for something to get them over the hump. If they are able to obtain a lottery pick then it would most likely have to be a team that is around 7 or 8 at the deadline that makes a move but ends up flopping down the stretch and you are probably looking at the 8-14 range if lucky unless they find a trading partner that has two first round picks with a lottery pick that isn't badly protected. I understand AV's value to this team but you have to look at his value to the trading team and most likely they will view him as an energy guy that can give you a double/double a night that would probably net a young big and a first if not two firsts.

Now IMO Utah might actually be a very good trade partner if they think they are ready to contend right now and next year with Jefferson leaving via FA where they think Andy can take his spot. I would love an Enes Kanter plus thier 1st round pick in 2013 (Golden States #1 pick that was traded to them which is only top 6 protected). I don't see the Jazz trading Favors as he is from most of what I have read their major building block with Heyward but I would be intrigued if they would move Kanter. More than likely not but if they believe they can contend in the next two years it might make sense to move the developmental player and a first for a guy that they know what they are getting. Kanter isn't risky IMO but instead just young still learning which most of this team is and he would fill a need if Andy is moved to go with Zeller/TT and Samuels/Leuer. This is all hypothetical of course but I would love a move like this. Everyone needs to realize that this team is still a whiles away from actually competing and when Andy is off the books in 2014/2015 that is when the team will most likely start or be a year into their run if they do get one. Or the Cavs can hold on to him and hope he doesn't continue to become injury prone, the team starts to gel next year and is ready to take the 8 or 7 seed.

Just like the Indians this offseason, this season the Cavs are going to be in the same conundrum wondering if they are ready to compete soon or if they need to rid themselves of the one trading piece they have in AV to make their future bright when they believe this youngsters will all hit their prime together.
    Nicely said. Kanter and a 1st round pick for Andy is a win-win for both teams I don't see why not. Andy is in his prime and Kanter is still young. We might get our center of the future in Kanter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GregOdenBust View Post
    This is my last serious reply to you. WAITERS is shooting at 38.8% from the field and yet you are comparing him to MJ and KB who shot 49.7 and 45 percent respectively which is way higher than waiters. Damian Lillard is ONLY shooting 44% Waiters miss 62% of his shots
    Your last "serious"" reply? If you consider this reply serious, then I can't WAIT to see a "non-serious" reply - it will probably be even more entertaining.

It may take you a little while, but try re-reading my post and tell me where I compared Waiters to Joraan. I was only busting Carl's chops for ranting that Waiters is a bad player because he "misses half his shots" when after all if you miss half your shots you can still make it to the hall of fame (i.e Jordan, etc).

You should really put a little more thought into your posts. Every time you or Carlyssen come on this forum it's like word vomit: you spit out two or three random posts in a row that add no clarity to the conversation. I'm starting to believe that you two are the same person.

vCash
    Does anyone else think the face palm icon looks like Homer Simpsons head?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Does anyone else think the face palm icon looks like Homer Simpsons head?
    LOL. Only missing the two pieces of hair.

Sorry to see you go Wiggy. Should have went to FSU.

vCash
    Your last "serious"" reply? If you consider this reply serious, then I can't WAIT to see a "non-serious" reply - it will probably be even more entertaining.

It may take you a little while, but try re-reading my post and tell me where I compared Waiters to Joraan. I was only busting Carl's chops for ranting that Waiters is a bad player because he "misses half his shots" when after all if you miss half your shots you can still make it to the hall of fame (i.e Jordan, etc).

You should really put a little more thought into your posts. Every time you or Carlyssen come on this forum it's like word vomit: you spit out two or three random posts in a row that add no clarity to the conversation. I'm starting to believe that you two are the same person.
    Waiters to Joraan.

vCash
    22 shot attempts and 0 free throws? I feel bad because Waiters is trying to penetrate, but he's getting hacked and no calls are made. So he's forced to take jump shots - pretty frustrating but I think he did a good job dealing with it tonight. He only shot 30% but he made other contributions, I like to see that.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast