Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

vCash

The Official Dion Waiters Thread

Since he's obviously the main focus of all conversations at this point I figured we should give him his own thread. Use this to debate Waiters as well as tracking his progress, etc..

Byron feels this was Dion's beat day as a Cavalier..."he dominated the scrimmage"...he was attacking and making the right plays..
    https://twitter.com/CavsFredMcLeod

I think the reason for this was Kyrie's absence. At Syracuse whenever Waiter's entered the game the offense ran through him. He operated as sort of a hybrid PG/SG which is obviously going to different now that he's with Kyrie. Being able to run the team by himself today probably put him back in his comfort zone.

vCash
    I understand the reasoning for picking Waiters, but I really want to see it at some point this season. He hasn't impressed so far but I also understand he needs some development. And it's only preseason.
    I'm also unsure if he and Kyrie can play effectively together. They seem to both need to have the ball. Maybe they can figure it out. Wasn't there a similar situation in Miami with LeBron and Wade... Not that I'm trying to compare in any way but they both needed the ball.

vCash
    I get the need for him to impress right away. I mean hell, we picked this dude fourth overall. However, knowing Waiters the player, as well as the situation I doubt you see him being the 4th best rookie this season. Don't get me wrong, he'll show you glimpses that make you realize this kid's talent level. However, it's an adjustment and we'll see the difficulties of that this year.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Melo15 View Post
    I get the need for him to impress right away. I mean hell, we picked this dude fourth overall. However, knowing Waiters the player, as well as the situation I doubt you see him being the 4th best rookie this season. Don't get me wrong, he'll show you glimpses that make you realize this kid's talent level. However, it's an adjustment and we'll see the difficulties of that this year.
    I hear you and want to keep an open mind. But then why were many saying he was the most NBA ready?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    I hear you and want to keep an open mind. But then why were many saying he was the most NBA ready?
    I think all that talk was driven by Boeheim saying that Waiters was the most NBA ready guard he's ever coached. As a scorer, I think he is one of the most NBA ready players. However, that's strictly as a scorer. When you look at how Waiters played at Syracuse and then you see the way the Cavs are trying to use him now, there's a big adjustment there.

He's not constantly controlling the ball and he's having to learn how to play off the ball and how he fits into the offense. He's not the go to guy anymore, he is trying to figure out how to play off of Kyrie. Waiters simply needs to get comfortable in this new role and he will be able to shine.

vCash
    After one game Waiters ranks 3rd in PER among rookies. It ranks: Lillard, Davis, then Waiters.
    How important is this? Not important at all. It's one game. But it's nice to boast some positives about Waiters, since most comments have been negative.
    It looks like when both Irving and Waiters are playing together, Waiters more or less plays the PG and Irving is the SG.

vCash
    Going against the Bulls should be a good challenge for him. They are always a sound defensive team and will pose a much bigger threat than the Wizards. Hopefully he displays the same level of confidence and can get off to a hot start like Tuesday. Should be a fun game.

vCash
    Is Waiters a PG or SG? Should the Cavs have drafted Damian Lillard? Apparently they were high on him? But they didn't want to because they had Kyrie. But Lillard can shoot and break down defense. Lillard looks legit, not sure about Waiters. But it's only game 2 and frankly everyone and their mother contributed trash donations to this past game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Arch Stanton View Post
    Is Waiters a PG or SG? Should the Cavs have drafted Damian Lillard? Apparently they were high on him? But they didn't want to because they had Kyrie. But Lillard can shoot and break down defense. Lillard looks legit, not sure about Waiters. But it's only game 2 and frankly everyone and their mother contributed trash donations to this past game.
    Dion is a SG with PG capabilities. He's a little undersized but he cancels that out by his strength and ability to get to the basket. I understand the love for Lillard, dude's a stud. I don't think he'd be nearly as effective though sharing the ball with Kyrie. That's just my opinion at least.

vCash
    Oh now everyone agrees that we should of drafted Lillard over Waiters What did I say before? Waiter is a bust not a stud and he will NEVER live up to the 4th pick.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GregOdenBust View Post
    Oh now everyone agrees that we should of drafted Lillard over Waiters What did I say before? Waiter is a bust not a stud and he will NEVER live up to the 4th pick.
    Yeah, let's draft another PG...
    If Waiters is a bust then so is almost everyone in the class. STFU!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GregOdenBust View Post
    lmfao

vCash
    I want to also highlight Dion Waiters has played better than most rookies not named Anthony Davis, or Damian Lillard. And I'll tell you what I won't continue to do this overreaction after each game. I'll provide my whining or praising only once a week regarding Waiters.

vCash
    Lillard is also 22 so he's further along in development than probably everyone in the entire draft.

vCash
    Waiters going off. He's got twenty points and we're only half way through the third.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast