Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 105
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, MI
    Posts
    14,735
    vCash
    3312
    Quote Originally Posted by PSD-Team View Post
    Not really the place for a pissing contest, but how exactly would the other admins log in to the servers and remove those ads. These are not forum ads, they are site-wide...way beyond their access and mine.
    They're going to complain to matter what you say or do

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wicker Park
    Posts
    27,658
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PSD-Team View Post
    Not really the place for a pissing contest, but how exactly would the other admins log in to the servers and remove those ads. These are not forum ads, they are site-wide...way beyond their access and mine.
    We have NEVER had an issue getting these sort of ads removed. SI and Wrigs were always quick in getting those taken care of. You on the other hand, are trying to justify it's placement, beating around the bush trying to find a technical reason. It's horse ****, frankly, and one of the main reason the members here are annoyed with SDI.

  3. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    372
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by GuySir View Post
    They're going to complain to matter what you say or do
    That's for sure.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    372
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HOWE do i do it View Post
    We have NEVER had an issue getting these sort of ads removed. SI and Wrigs were always quick in getting those taken care of. You on the other hand, are trying to justify it's placement, beating around the bush trying to find a technical reason. It's horse ****, frankly, and one of the main reason the members here are annoyed with SDI.
    From what I have been told, the ads aren't going anywhere. They are filling space that was previously blank...no big deal.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    41,157
    vCash
    1500
    It is actually a big deal.

    Can you see?

  6. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,707
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by HOWE do i do it View Post
    We have NEVER had an issue getting these sort of ads removed. SI and Wrigs were always quick in getting those taken care of. You on the other hand, are trying to justify it's placement, beating around the bush trying to find a technical reason. It's horse ****, frankly, and one of the main reason the members here are annoyed with SDI.
    exactly.

    and by the way, when i disabled ad block plus earlier i had cleared my cache and it was still acting up. the ad is just too much. it shouldn't be here. plain and simple.
    **********

  7. #22
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    41,157
    vCash
    1500
    The reaction is overwhelmingly positive. I can see why he thinks it should be left alone.

  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    America
    Posts
    24,707
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    The reaction is overwhelmingly positive. I can see why he thinks it should be left alone.
    I like how he thinks it's a technical issue with our computers. clearly it's not.
    **********

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Hometown of Jerry Hairston
    Posts
    52,033
    vCash
    1500

  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    30,948
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PSD-Team View Post
    Again, not the place for this but...

    I'd love to see the things you listed...no need to threaten me.
    Then have someone enable TapaTalk. It's seriously not difficult at all and is ALWAYS ignored as as option. Here, I'll do all the work for you.

    http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tap...ugin=vbulletin

    Go there. That's the link to download the plugin for vBulletin 3.8.7

    Here's the pricing link.

    http://www.tapatalk.com/pricing.php

    The free version has everything we'd need as a mobile user. Listed in the network, Access from the app and some other gibberish I don't understand.
    I'm In.



  11. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Silverdale, Wa
    Posts
    8,359
    vCash
    1500
    Yeah, I've done everything that's been asked and the **** is still here. Stop beating around the bush and actually fix it, it's extremely irritating.
    Quote Originally Posted by nessythegreat View Post
    This is getting old. Enough is enough. Redskin Is not offensive and it will never change.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    I want to start a website where people who say this video tape themselves going up to Native Americans and go "hey what's up redskin?" and then upload what happens.

    I'll call it WhatsUpRedskin.com



    You want to go first?
    I fully support this future site.

  12. #27
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    372
    vCash
    1500
    The vague replies continue. At the beginning of this thread I asked for a few simple things...clear your cache...if that doesn't work answer a few simple questions for me. Nobody has done it yet.

    The Miller 64 ad was part of a larger ad buy that includes more than just the PSD posting forum (but the forum margins were part of the deal). Like I stated above, it's not going anywhere.

    It's not my decision, it's not Wrigs' decision, it's not S.I.'s decision. We are just admins of the posting forum. We have a voice just like everyone else.

    For all of you saying "Fix it", "Get rid of it", etc. What kind of power do you think I have to dissolve a major ad buy with the snap of my fingers?

    I'm done for tonight...I guess the fight will continue tomorrow. yuck.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    30,948
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PSD-Team View Post
    The vague replies continue. At the beginning of this thread I asked for a few simple things...clear your cache...if that doesn't work answer a few simple questions for me. Nobody has done it yet.

    The Miller 64 ad was part of a larger ad buy that includes more than just the PSD posting forum (but the forum margins were part of the deal). Like I stated above, it's not going anywhere.

    It's not my decision, it's not Wrigs' decision, it's not S.I.'s decision. We are just admins of the posting forum. We have a voice just like everyone else.

    For all of you saying "Fix it", "Get rid of it", etc. What kind of power do you think I have to dissolve a major ad buy with the snap of my fingers?

    I'm done for tonight...I guess the fight will continue tomorrow. yuck.
    Have you ever clarified that you're just an administrator?

    I was under the assumption that you are an SDI employee. If that's the case, we're all barking up the wrong tree and my thread about contacting SDI is absolutely necessary.
    I'm In.



  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Lafayette, CA
    Posts
    1,106
    vCash
    1500
    The replies are clear......

    1. Remove the ad.
    2. Being able to communicate with members better

    It's not that hard
    Why in the world is it so important to get the calls right ?
    -7chuck7


  15. #30
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    41,157
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by PSD-Team View Post
    The vague replies continue. At the beginning of this thread I asked for a few simple things...clear your cache...if that doesn't work answer a few simple questions for me. Nobody has done it yet.

    The Miller 64 ad was part of a larger ad buy that includes more than just the PSD posting forum (but the forum margins were part of the deal). Like I stated above, it's not going anywhere.

    It's not my decision, it's not Wrigs' decision, it's not S.I.'s decision. We are just admins of the posting forum. We have a voice just like everyone else.

    For all of you saying "Fix it", "Get rid of it", etc. What kind of power do you think I have to dissolve a major ad buy with the snap of my fingers?

    I'm done for tonight...I guess the fight will continue tomorrow. yuck.
    Get off of my goddamn site.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •