Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StriveGreatness View Post
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...d.php?t=715478

Fun thread to look back on.

RB is going to be a stud for years. Knows how to read coverages/runs perfect routes and catches almost everything. Gonna be fun watching CJ-RB-TY for years.
    went through and read each post and I still kind of agree with what I said. I don't mind the pick there were other players that I liked more like Konz (who would be starting for this team even if it was just at the guard spot). Definantly a good draft move for Mayhew though...should free up some cap space and solidifies our wrs as a unit for the future.

vCash
    Still don't like the pick. Titus should be playing better than he has been. And Even with Nate going down, should be able to have someone else step in as the 3rd receiver. Stafford should be a good enough QB to make a lesser talent a serviceable 3rd receiver.

But fact of the matter, Titus is underwhelming right now. Calvin isn't getting the points on the board we'd all hoped for. So injecting some WR help right now is paying off...but it's because of some things that need to change for this team to be successful. Calvin NEEDS to be an end zone threat. Titus needs to be better. And with those two things happening, Broyles won't be as much of a necessary entity as he's maybe looking right now.

I still wish we'd had gotten a way to get Janoris...and would have been okay with signing a one-year rental on a WR once Nate went down.

But hey, what's done is done...and regardless of what my thoughts on a specific draft pick are, we got Broyles. He's on the squad. And I'm going to cheer for him and hope for nothing but the utmost success for him from this point on regardless. He has looked really good in this small sample size. Routes look good, and he's catching damn near everything. So no real complaints...just not going to look back on the pick itself and act like Mayhew guess correctly that this would happen this way.

Scrap Detroit!!

Quote Originally Posted by basch152 View Post
    First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post
    Still don't like the pick. Titus should be playing better than he has been. And Even with Nate going down, should be able to have someone else step in as the 3rd receiver. Stafford should be a good enough QB to make a lesser talent a serviceable 3rd receiver.

But fact of the matter, Titus is underwhelming right now. Calvin isn't getting the points on the board we'd all hoped for. So injecting some WR help right now is paying off...but it's because of some things that need to change for this team to be successful. Calvin NEEDS to be an end zone threat. Titus needs to be better. And with those two things happening, Broyles won't be as much of a necessary entity as he's maybe looking right now.

I still wish we'd had gotten a way to get Janoris...and would have been okay with signing a one-year rental on a WR once Nate went down.

But hey, what's done is done...and regardless of what my thoughts on a specific draft pick are, we got Broyles. He's on the squad. And I'm going to cheer for him and hope for nothing but the utmost success for him from this point on regardless. He has looked really good in this small sample size. Routes look good, and he's catching damn near everything. So no real complaints...just not going to look back on the pick itself and act like Mayhew guess correctly that this would happen this way.
    I agree with you on this one a million percent...

I mean never had a problem with player, I just thought there were a few other ways to go at that pick

Props to StriveGreatness

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by driz View Post

We have a 6th round pick that is playing GREAT. We don't need Jenkins. You want to replace Nate with some scrub off the street like a Brian Robiskie? lol. We can't run our offense that way...

On a team with Titus and Pettigrew, you would think the fans would appreciate someone like Broyles...
    % of Souls Taken: 100

vCash
    No, no at all.

At the time of the draft, I want to figure IF Nate goes down, I replace him with Titus – the young guy who stepped it up big in the second half of the season. And then I want my $100M quarterback to make a run of the mill, 5th round wide receiver to be a serviceable 3rd receiver – who after Petigrew, is at best my 4th option in the passing game.

I doubt they made the pick assuming Titus would actually regress, Petigrew wouldn’t be able to hang onto a ball, and that Stafford would have been struggling as well.

It’s a luxury WR offensive pick that at this stage of the game shouldn’t have been spent.

And I don’t care how the secondary has been playing thus far. We’ve played garbage QBs. Tell me how they’re playing after meeting Rodgers (twice), Schaub, and Matt Ryan.

Scrap Detroit!!

First of all, players like Matthews and Ware actually ARE overrated...

No, the best comparison to Miggy is Albert Pujols. And I'll be honest, Cabrera doesn't really compare favorably to Pujols.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123