Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

How do you feel about the Ryan Broyles pick now?

I can't tell you how many rants I've heard/read regarding the broyles pick. Many people argued the pick was a waste and we neglected our immediate needs, particularly the secondary. Well the defense has been playing well. Someone already posted a thread regarding our pass defense-6th in the nfl. This is pretty impressive regarding the committee of players we have used thus far. Our depth seems to be pretty stellar, but could still use an upgrade to become elite.

No one could have predicted the Burleson injury. However, we have a player who is capable to come in and make an immediate impact. It's a small sample size, but Broyles looked good last week.

Bottom line, if we make a playoff run and I believe we will, Broyles will be an important component to this goal.

Thoughts?

vCash
    I like it a lot but thats bc I've had it w Titus Young I expected a lot from him this year and he cant do anything

vCash
    I understand why the Broyles pick was made and I don’t think it was a horrible pick. I am all for loading up at WR IF Stafford is the next Payton Manning. The way Matt has been playing, I don’t see how #3 or 4 WRs are going to help.

The pick can be made if the team is good enough to make a luxury pick. They could have addressed any number of weaknesses on this team, which are causing these loses more than the #3 WR, with that pick through the draft or trade. The defense has been playing better but it is still swiss cheese. It’s going to crack, if not now it would in the playoffs, if by some miracle they make it. The O-line isn’t doing anyone any favors. Say what you want about numbers but both the O-line and defense have weak spots.

Fish Pasty

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I understand why the Broyles pick was made and I donít think it was a horrible pick. I am all for loading up at WR IF Stafford is the next Payton Manning. The way Matt has been playing, I donít see how #3 or 4 WRs are going to help.

The pick can be made if the team is good enough to make a luxury pick. They could have addressed any number of weaknesses on this team, which are causing these loses more than the #3 WR, with that pick through the draft or trade. The defense has been playing better but it is still swiss cheese. Itís going to crack, if not now it would in the playoffs, if by some miracle they make it. The O-line isnít doing anyone any favors. Say what you want about numbers but both the O-line and defense have weak spots.
    It remains to be seen if the defense can stay consistent. As of late the front 7 has been playing great. The secondary has been holding their own. Im not sure what else you want. The offense and special teams is why we have dug ourselves in a hole.

From what I have seen the offense line has been playing well also. For the first time, I have seen holes for the running backs. This is partially due to Reiff being used as an extra blocker and the opposing defensive schemes playing two deep safeties.

Right now, I rather have Broyles taken in the second round than anyone else after the Burleson injury.

vCash
    Needs change throughout the year. You never truly know what your needs are going to be due to underperformance, overperformance, injuries, etc.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    I personally never had an issue with the pick. We knew the teams issues going into the drafts beyond just the play on the field and introducing anymore players with character issues would have been a mistake...now, if he can really step up and quickly become a viable #2? It'll look like a genius pick.
    Great American Baseball Tour: Brewers, Twins, Cubs, White Sox, Cardinals, Royals ,Cleveland, Detroit and Reds

vCash
    I liked the pick and still do.. Just wish Titus wasent playing at the lvl of Charles Rodgers after 3 blunts and we had another tall WR insted of 13 slots lol

vCash
    I've been one of the lone defenders of the pick since the start and this all but confirms it. Like I said all along, our main strength on offense is passing the ball and we need weapons in order to do so. Having a great receiver (skillwise) to be able to come in if one of the starters goes down is fantastic and it sure shows now. And even if Burleson doesn't comeback for cap reasons or whatever, we still have a new #2/3 WR.
    dont have a seizure cwick

vCash
    Ill have no problems with our wideouts if they just start getting open and catching the ball when its catchable.

vCash
    Still a fan of it. A young 3 man trio to grow with a young QB is a good thing. If You ever gets his **** straight an Broyles reaches the potential this would be a nasty 3 man trio. Lots of ifs there but you need to take risks to get a big payoff. Broyles does look good in the small time he has had.

vCash
    I always liked it. I knew this was going to happened.

Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    I guess I just finally realized that rocket is the only one around here that knows anything and the rest of you guys are dicks.

vCash
    Yeah but it was still kind of a luxury pick wasn’t it?

Fish Pasty

Born & Raised in Michigan but now in Columbus Ohio
    vCash
    at first I didnt care but then I thought about it why must we have so many slot recievers. And I know burleson wont be around 4yrs from now so why not.
    [URL=http://gifsoup.com]GIFSoup

Kingwood A Man Before His Time Dvd in Stores

vCash
    I really liked the Broyles pick and now we get to see what he can do. They really need a reliable WR to work the slot and middle of the field. Pettigrew & Titus have been brutal, even Megatron is dropping passes he shouldn't.

^courtesy of sfgiants5518^

vCash
    I understand why people were frustrated with the pick considering the fact he wasn't playing at all but if he can take his college game to the pro game we can honestly say we have the best two wr in the pros. Its gonna take time and I'm sure he will have set backs much like we see with titus now (maybe not a season long set back but set backs non the less).

When I first heard the pick I was on the phone with my brother and our reaction was WTF! Then we did some quick research and was like oh damn that could be deadly.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast