Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 286 to 300 of 658
  1. #286
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the depths of the Dunabi Jungle
    Posts
    11,264
    vCash
    1500
    You called him the least valuable player in the league and said he'd miss time. Both of those AREN'T true. So yes it was wrong. Just own up to the fact that you were wrong. Just like you were wrong about Smith being MVP.
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

  2. #287
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    24,422
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    LOL Yeah I needed something fresh, doesn't make it not true just fyi. If you're talking about the Schaub picture, i am assuming you are, the 49ers have 2 QBs I'd take over him.
    I'm a Titans fan and even I don't buy that crap.


  3. #288
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    9,607
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    You called him the least valuable player in the league and said he'd miss time. Both of those AREN'T true. So yes it was wrong. Just own up to the fact that you were wrong. Just like you were wrong about Smith being MVP.
    He is the LVP. No other starter inthe league is as replaceable as Matt Schaub, that includes smith that was replaced. I could play QBon the Texans with that defense and running game and win games. The season is still ongoing you're going to be pissed if you just jinxed Schaub. Who knew Harbaugh would pull Alex Smith whenhe is LEADING the NFL in completion %. 3rd in NFL in QB rating, and 7th in QBR.

    Hey just for the record Alex Smith ranks higher than Schaub in QB Rating, QBR, completion %, TD-INT ratio, and Yards-per-pass. I wasn't wrong, just thwarted by Harbaugh. Alex has played amazingly minus 1 game.

    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    I'm a Titans fan and even I don't buy that crap.
    You don't have to buy it facts are facts both are better check the numbers and the eye test.

  4. #289
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,560
    vCash
    1500
    Just ignore the dude. Smith got benched and that tells the whole story right there, got outplayed by a 2 year player. Nuff said.

  5. #290
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    24,422
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    You don't have to buy it facts are facts both are better check the numbers and the eye test.
    The numbers you're using aren't inaccurate, but they're extremely misleading. For one, of course Smith's completion % and TD/INT ratio are better when the guy hardly ever makes a pass further than 10 yards downfield. I've seen my fair share of 49ers games this season and most of their big pass plays are from 7-8 yard throws where receivers make a tackler miss and pick up yards after the catch. I would love to see a site keep track of team YAC totals. Because I'd bet that San Francisco's receivers would be in the top 5.

    Also, they don't throw the ball nearly as much as the Texans do and are more reliant on their run game than the Texans. Smith may be first in completion % and third in QB rating, but the dude is 30th in yards per game. Schaub is 11th.

    I don't think Schaub is anywhere close to elite and he doesn't exactly have stellar arm strength either, but what he does, he does extremely well. He's easily one of the best play action passers in the NFL and he can pick you apart as well as anyone when he's rolling out in play action. What keeps Schaub from being a top 5-7 caliber guy is that he has too many "Tony Romo WTF???" type moments late in games like he did against Jacksonville and Detroit which nearly cost him the game.

    But I'd still take Schaub in a heartbeat, and this is coming from an unbiased observer who has seen a ton of Texans games over the years and his fair share of 49ers games.


  6. #291
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the depths of the Dunabi Jungle
    Posts
    11,264
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    He is the LVP. No other starter inthe league is as replaceable as Matt Schaub, that includes smith that was replaced. I could play QBon the Texans with that defense and running game and win games. The season is still ongoing you're going to be pissed if you just jinxed Schaub. Who knew Harbaugh would pull Alex Smith whenhe is LEADING the NFL in completion %. 3rd in NFL in QB rating, and 7th in QBR.

    Hey just for the record Alex Smith ranks higher than Schaub in QB Rating, QBR, completion %, TD-INT ratio, and Yards-per-pass. I wasn't wrong, just thwarted by Harbaugh. Alex has played amazingly minus 1 game.



    You don't have to buy it facts are facts both are better check the numbers and the eye test.
    that's just utter bullcrap. if you're gonna say that anyone can win at QB for the texans (which ISN'T true since they dont have a winnng record in the last 2 years when schaub DOESN'T play but are 18-4 in that same time when he has), i can say the exact same thing about the 49ers. look, the 49ers have a winning record with their backup QB, it must be because of the supporting cast and nothing what so ever with actual QB talent.

    yup, that vaunted texans defense that has been suspect because of injuries. they are totally riding on the back of the defense.
    Last edited by astrosmaniac; 12-07-2012 at 08:48 PM.
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

  7. #292
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    9,607
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by koetravis View Post
    Just ignore the dude. Smith got benched and that tells the whole story right there, got outplayed by a 2 year player. Nuff said.
    Schaub would be benched but your backup T.J. Yates is beyond garbage. Colin Kaepernick has amazing physical tools and has played excellent. Hard when you got 2 pro-bowl caliber QBs.

    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    The numbers you're using aren't inaccurate, but they're extremely misleading. For one, of course Smith's completion % and TD/INT ratio are better when the guy hardly ever makes a pass further than 10 yards downfield. I've seen my fair share of 49ers games this season and most of their big pass plays are from 7-8 yard throws where receivers make a tackler miss and pick up yards after the catch. I would love to see a site keep track of team YAC totals. Because I'd bet that San Francisco's receivers would be in the top 5.

    Also, they don't throw the ball nearly as much as the Texans do and are more reliant on their run game than the Texans. Smith may be first in completion % and third in QB rating, but the dude is 30th in yards per game. Schaub is 11th.

    I don't think Schaub is anywhere close to elite and he doesn't exactly have stellar arm strength either, but what he does, he does extremely well. He's easily one of the best play action passers in the NFL and he can pick you apart as well as anyone when he's rolling out in play action. What keeps Schaub from being a top 5-7 caliber guy is that he has too many "Tony Romo WTF???" type moments late in games like he did against Jacksonville and Detroit which nearly cost him the game.

    But I'd still take Schaub in a heartbeat, and this is coming from an unbiased observer who has seen a ton of Texans games over the years and his fair share of 49ers games.
    Alex Smith has a better yards-per-pass Attempt than Schaub. The Texans are #2 in yards per catch. Thank goodness for Andre Johnson and he ability to run like the wind against Jacksonville. Arian Foster makes the play-action. The roll-out bootleg thanks to the Texans strong running game. I've always said Schaub is a choke artist and cthat was his biggest problem. Alex Smith can be clutch.

    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    that's just utter bullcrap. if you're gonna say that anyone can win at QB for the texans (which ISN'T true since they dont have a winnng record in the last 2 years when schaub DOESN'T play but are 18-4 in that same time when he has), i can say the exact same thing about the 49ers. look, the 49ers have a winning record with their backup QB, it must be because of the supporting cast and nothing what so ever with actual QB talent.

    yup, that vaunted texans defense that has been suspect because of injuries. they are totally riding on the back of the defense.
    That's because your backups are trash. Schaub is a little better than trash, not much but a little, lol. And with the 49ers it's because our backup is extremely gifted and has amazing ball skills. He is very fast and mobile and has a rocket launcher arm. Our problem is too many good QBs.

    That's why the Texans almost lost the past couple of games. Luckily Andre Johnson and Arian Foster saved them.

    I still have the Texans going to the super Bowl, even with Schaub. 49ers vs Texans then we will see lol

  8. #293
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    24,422
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    Schaub would be benched but your backup T.J. Yates is beyond garbage. Colin Kaepernick has amazing physical tools and has played excellent. Hard when you got 2 pro-bowl caliber QBs.
    Dude... You don't know what the **** you're talking about. Like I said, I'm not a Texans fan, but you're just spewing ignorance. Schaub would be benched if they had a better backup? Clearly you don't watch Texans games.

    Alex Smith has a better yards-per-pass Attempt than Schaub. The Texans are #2 in yards per catch. Thank goodness for Andre Johnson and he ability to run like the wind against Jacksonville. Arian Foster makes the play-action. The roll-out bootleg thanks to the Texans strong running game. I've always said Schaub is a choke artist and cthat was his biggest problem. Alex Smith can be clutch.
    Where the hell are you getting your numbers from? ESPN.com says the Texans are 17th in yards per reception, mostly a result of the Texans using their backs and tight ends more in the passing game. And your "Arian Foster makes the play action" comment makes absolutely no sense, because Schaub had career years before Foster ever came to Houston.

    That's because your backups are trash. Schaub is a little better than trash, not much but a little, lol. And with the 49ers it's because our backup is extremely gifted and has amazing ball skills. He is very fast and mobile and has a rocket launcher arm. Our problem is too many good QBs.
    The funny thing is that Harbaugh had so little faith in Smith (who you claim is excellent) that they went to a backup after one good game. What does that tell you about how good Smith really is? Meanwhile, Schaub's career numbers and consistency absolutely dwarf Smith and the Texans gave him a huge contract extension. So, please.... Continue to preach about how much better Smith is. But the facts prove 100 percent the contrary.

    Also, Kaepernick hasn't looked so hot since that great game against Chicago. I'd much rather have Schaub running my offense. He has kept them in these last few games when the defense has struggled because of injuries to the secondary.

    That's why the Texans almost lost the past couple of games. Luckily Andre Johnson and Arian Foster saved them.
    Clearly you didn't watch those games, bro. Did Johnson have big games? Of course, but someone has to throw him the damn ball. And you're completely glossing over his 500-yard, five-touchdown performance against Jacksonville. You know how many times Alex Smith has done that? I'll give you a hint....0.

    I hate to defend my team's biggest rival, but as someone who watches a ton of games and has a lot of respect for the Texans, I can't just sit here and read someone spout off nonsense like that.


  9. #294
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    H-Town/The Burgh
    Posts
    13,489
    vCash
    1500
    Sorry to say this but Foster is kinda overrated.

    Big THX to MJ's Bulls and pheagles10 on the sig help!
    Dear T-Mac,
    I miss you.
    Love,
    The Rim

  10. #295
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,793
    vCash
    1500
    Sorry to open that can of worms guys but i was just messing with wsg about his old sig.

    I know he's just trying to stir things up with his talk

  11. #296
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    9,607
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Dude... You don't know what the **** you're talking about. Like I said, I'm not a Texans fan, but you're just spewing ignorance. Schaub would be benched if they had a better backup? Clearly you don't watch Texans games.


    Where the hell are you getting your numbers from? ESPN.com says the Texans are 17th in yards per reception, mostly a result of the Texans using their backs and tight ends more in the passing game. And your "Arian Foster makes the play action" comment makes absolutely no sense, because Schaub had career years before Foster ever came to Houston.


    The funny thing is that Harbaugh had so little faith in Smith (who you claim is excellent) that they went to a backup after one good game. What does that tell you about how good Smith really is? Meanwhile, Schaub's career numbers and consistency absolutely dwarf Smith and the Texans gave him a huge contract extension. So, please.... Continue to preach about how much better Smith is. But the facts prove 100 percent the contrary.

    Also, Kaepernick hasn't looked so hot since that great game against Chicago. I'd much rather have Schaub running my offense. He has kept them in these last few games when the defense has struggled because of injuries to the secondary.


    Clearly you didn't watch those games, bro. Did Johnson have big games? Of course, but someone has to throw him the damn ball. And you're completely glossing over his 500-yard, five-touchdown performance against Jacksonville. You know how many times Alex Smith has done that? I'll give you a hint....0.

    I hate to defend my team's biggest rival, but as someone who watches a ton of games and has a lot of respect for the Texans, I can't just sit here and read someone spout off nonsense like that.
    When I said yards per catch I meant yards after catch sorry, misspoke. Arian Foster makes the playaction come on if you can't see that you're blind. As far as before Arian Foster Steve Slaton gathered 1282 yards for the Texans in 2008. in 09 without a strong running game Andre Johnson caught 101 balls for 1500 yards.

    Schaub has always had huge playmakers around him. He possesses no tools that are above average. His arm is average, he is a statue in the pocket, he's not overly smart, his release isn't that quick. He is an average QB with superior weapons. Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels have helped him stretch the field and check it down. Kubiak's zone blocking has made sure that Schaubs major weaknesses aren't exposed.

    And when the game is on the line Schaub chokes. He has proven that thisyear. If not for Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels the Texans have 2 more losses laid at the hands of Schaub. LOL All those stats against a terrible Jacksonville team. A team the Texans almost lost to thanksto Schaub, if not for Andre. Are you sure you have been watching the Texans games? Schaubs best year he has 29 TD-20 turnovers, that's not very good.

    As far as Alex Smith goes, it's sad to see him get benched but look at the stats. He's played excellent. It's too bad we have 2 pro-bowl caliber QBs.

    Alex Smith was clutch in the playoffs and beat the Saints himself. He led the 49ers down the field twice. You know how many times Schuab has done that? ZERO, he has NEVER been to the playoffs. 32 yr old immobile QB with a mediocr arm who has never been to the playoffs. If that's not benchable material idon't know what is.
    Last edited by WhiteSoxGod; 12-08-2012 at 03:50 PM.

  12. #297
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    9,607
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Htownballa1622 View Post
    Sorry to open that can of worms guys but i was just messing with wsg about his old sig.

    I know he's just trying to stir things up with his talk
    I do like ribbing the hell out of Texans fans especially about Schaub. Ask Koetravis we have had a good time debating Schaub, lol. One Rockets fan to another

  13. #298
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    11,037
    vCash
    1500
    so i'm excited about my new team. going to dominate the assists and steals with both Rondo and CP3


    "Hard" Kobe getting shook by a role player

  14. #299
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,560
    vCash
    1500
    Where the hell are you getting 20 turnovers from? He has 9 interceptions?

  15. #300
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    In the depths of the Dunabi Jungle
    Posts
    11,264
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    When I said yards per catch I meant yards after catch sorry, misspoke. Arian Foster makes the playaction come on if you can't see that you're blind. As far as before Arian Foster Steve Slaton gathered 1282 yards for the Texans in 2008. in 09 without a strong running game Andre Johnson caught 101 balls for 1500 yards.

    Schaub has always had huge playmakers around him. He possesses no tools that are above average. His arm is average, he is a statue in the pocket, he's not overly smart, his release isn't that quick. He is an average QB with superior weapons. Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels have helped him stretch the field and check it down. Kubiak's zone blocking has made sure that Schaubs major weaknesses aren't exposed.

    And when the game is on the line Schaub chokes. He has proven that thisyear. If not for Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels the Texans have 2 more losses laid at the hands of Schaub. LOL All those stats against a terrible Jacksonville team. A team the Texans almost lost to thanksto Schaub, if not for Andre. Are you sure you have been watching the Texans games? Schaubs best year he has 29 TD-20 turnovers, that's not very good.

    As far as Alex Smith goes, it's sad to see him get benched but look at the stats. He's played excellent. It's too bad we have 2 pro-bowl caliber QBs.

    Alex Smith was clutch in the playoffs and beat the Saints himself. He led the 49ers down the field twice. You know how many times Schuab has done that? ZERO, he has NEVER been to the playoffs. 32 yr old immobile QB with a mediocr arm who has never been to the playoffs. If that's not benchable material idon't know what is.
    Until the 49ers developed the best D in the league, Alex smith had never played in the playoffs either. Crazy how much 1 year can perspective.

    You say schaub can't lead a team back but that's exactly what he did against jaxonsville. Without schaub, they lose both The game against Jax and the game against Detroit. I'll take almost losing with schaub over actually losing with smith and kaepernick

    Also texans are 16th in YAC, not 2nd. http://hosted.stats.com/fb/tmleaders...e=NFL&rank=231
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

Page 20 of 44 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •