Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 226 to 240 of 658
  1. #226
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,973
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by astrosmaniac View Post
    look just cause 1 trade got vetoed doesn't mean you can't trade. y'all re blowing that out of proportion. last year we didn't have any vetoes (although they should have blocked mine). when i made that deal i fully expected it to get blocked. someone it didnt (not paying attention?) and it completely skewed the power of the league.

    i've been in plenty of leagues and trades have always been plentiful despite some getting vetoed.
    more than 1 trade got vetoed now. i think the count is currently 3 atm. it feels like it's impossible to get a trade through unless...like ricosu4ve20 said...it something along the lines of Durant for Lebron.

    as i said earlier, unless the trade is overwhelming one sided i.e. CP3 for scrubs...allow the trade to pass. don't veto the trade because it favors one person a little bid cause you don't know what the other person is planning or weakness that person is trying to strengthen.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

    I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

  2. #227
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,396
    vCash
    1500
    I didn't understand the trade but i didn't veto. I've been at work and class all day so i haven't responded.

    Both sides make valid points but we shouldn't have ppl quit over it. Were all Rockets fans and should be able to get along. I understand what mbt is saying but also we don't know what rico and edu's plans are after the trade.

    Why not try tweaking it and seeing if it goes through?

  3. #228
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Posts
    23,216
    vCash
    2502
    My problem with each of those deals was that one side was getting a top 15 fantasy player and the other was getting horrible value in return. Someone said Lebron James for Redick was veto worthy. Look at the actual freaking trades and the stats and you'll see that each of these trades were similar value. Batum, Harden and Jefferson are playing like elite fantasy players right now and the guys theyre getting traded for are mediocre as hell. If you don't want to agree with me and you don't want to play in this league because of it, fine. Bail. Because I will always vote against ridiculously one sided deals like this and I don't want people in this league whose sole purpose is trying to trade rape other GMs.

    But for the record, some of you are acting like children. We hardly had any trades in last year's game and still managed to have fun. Its the new GMs who are starting crap and I'm beginning to regret letting some of those guys in the league in the first place.


  4. #229
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    97
    vCash
    1500
    Your such a vagina dude. I had three trades vetoed yesterday and I'm not suppose to get a little butthurt over it?

    I'm not quitting or anything stupid like that bc at the end of the day I love playing fantasy even with these gay little curveballs.

    I only argued my point if what I thought was fair. I'm not sitting here saying ill quit if you do. That's ********.

    But thats a punk *** move saying "I'm regretting some of the new gms". F that dude. Trying to act like your not having fun.

    Its a forum bro, arguments happen. Its what its here for. Gtfo With all the bs.

  5. #230
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,973
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    My problem with each of those deals was that one side was getting a top 15 fantasy player and the other was getting horrible value in return. Someone said Lebron James for Redick was veto worthy. Look at the actual freaking trades and the stats and you'll see that each of these trades were similar value. Batum, Harden and Jefferson are playing like elite fantasy players right now and the guys theyre getting traded for are mediocre as hell. If you don't want to agree with me and you don't want to play in this league because of it, fine. Bail. Because I will always vote against ridiculously one sided deals like this and I don't want people in this league whose sole purpose is trying to trade rape other GMs.

    But for the record, some of you are acting like children. We hardly had any trades in last year's game and still managed to have fun. Its the new GMs who are starting crap and I'm beginning to regret letting some of those guys in the league in the first place.
    look at you, mr. big shot. you act like like you're "the man" around here and frankly, your cockiness is getting annoying. don't worry about "letting me play" next year because i'm not going to play with you next year.

    and i know you like to think you're smarter than everyone else, MBT...but you're really not.
    Last edited by FOBolous; 11-30-2012 at 11:00 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

    I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

  6. #231
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Posts
    23,216
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by ricosu4ve20 View Post
    Your such a vagina dude. I had three trades vetoed yesterday and I'm not suppose to get a little butthurt over it?

    I'm not quitting or anything stupid like that bc at the end of the day I love playing fantasy even with these gay little curveballs.

    I only argued my point if what I thought was fair. I'm not sitting here saying ill quit if you do. That's ********.

    But thats a punk *** move saying "I'm regretting some of the new gms". F that dude. Trying to act like your not having fun.

    Its a forum bro, arguments happen. Its what its here for. Gtfo With all the bs.
    Actually, I was referring to Edu and Fob for wanting to bail after some vetoes. I actually thought you handled yourself fairly well considering you lost three vetoes in one day until the "vagina" comment. I just think it's childish to bail on a game just because somebody doesn't get his way and several members of the league voted against his trade. That's like someone quitting in the middle of a board game just because they don't the way one of the rules affected their game. It's immature. I hope this thing won't discourage you from participating.

    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    look at you, mr. big shot. you act like like you're "the man" around here and frankly, your cockiness is getting annoying. don't worry about "letting me play" next year because i'm not going to play with you next year.

    and i know you like to think you're smarter than everyone else, MBT...but you're really not.
    Lol. Actually, the funny thing is that I totally did "let you play". In fact, I opened up extra spots just so that you could join or else you wouldn't even be in this league. And the first time you don't agree with how the majority of the league approached a trade, you're willing to bail and it's not even your trade! Why? I know you think you look pretty awesome atop your pedestal right now, but standing up for a fantasy basketball trade is about the most pathetic form of altruism I've ever seen.

    It's fantasy basketball bro, and you're taking this **** too seriously. I posted a comment stating that I thought the trades were rapes. That's my opinion and I'm entitled too it. Other people clearly agreed with me. Just because your opinion of a trade rape differs from mine does not make mine less valid. And I think it's pretty chicken **** of you do you want to bail over some trade vetoes.

    In case you didn't notice, there were two other attempted trades, which I did not veto. Everyone else thought the first trade was veto worthy, but I didn't think it was, because the stats said otherwise. But you go ahead and stand up for fantasy basketball players everywhere, you prima donna. You and Edu both are being way too dramatic over this...


  7. #232
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,973
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Actually, I was referring to Edu and Fob for wanting to bail after some vetoes. I actually thought you handled yourself fairly well considering you lost three vetoes in one day until the "vagina" comment. I just think it's childish to bail on a game just because somebody doesn't get his way and several members of the league voted against his trade. That's like someone quitting in the middle of a board game just because they don't the way one of the rules affected their game. It's immature. I hope this thing won't discourage you from participating.


    Lol. Actually, the funny thing is that I totally did "let you play". In fact, I opened up extra spots just so that you could join or else you wouldn't even be in this league. And the first time you don't agree with how the majority of the league approached a trade, you're willing to bail and it's not even your trade! Why? I know you think you look pretty awesome atop your pedestal right now, but standing up for a fantasy basketball trade is about the most pathetic form of altruism I've ever seen.

    It's fantasy basketball bro, and you're taking this **** too seriously. I posted a comment stating that I thought the trades were rapes. That's my opinion and I'm entitled too it. Other people clearly agreed with me. Just because your opinion of a trade rape differs from mine does not make mine less valid. And I think it's pretty chicken **** of you do you want to bail over some trade vetoes.

    In case you didn't notice, there were two other attempted trades, which I did not veto. Everyone else thought the first trade was veto worthy, but I didn't think it was, because the stats said otherwise. But you go ahead and stand up for fantasy basketball players everywhere, you prima donna. You and Edu both are being way too dramatic over this...
    alright man.


    btw...i'm blocking you cause i find you to be the most annoying poster on PSD. the cockiness that permeates in all your posts gets on my nerves.
    Last edited by FOBolous; 11-30-2012 at 11:28 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

    I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

  8. #233
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    97
    vCash
    1500
    Well I'm going to continue to play and be competitive. There's no sense in quitting over something so stupid. Yea it pissed me off but whatever its a new day for new trades as far as I'm concerned.

    And mbt I thought you were trying to blast me as well so I take back my vagina comment lol.

  9. #234
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    BRAZIL
    Posts
    4,944
    vCash
    1500
    I'll continue to play, bacause I did make a commitment with all of you at the beggining, and I certainly don't want FOBolous to drop out because of me. Even though I don't think it's stupid to quit, I'll keep starting and benching my players, since it's the only thing left to do, in respect of some people.

    But we need to talk about those vetos. They should only be used when a GM is clearly just giving players away, like at the end if someone feels he can't win anymore he decides he will give his best player away for nothing to someone. Yall are taking away all the fun out of it.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

  10. #235
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    BRAZIL
    Posts
    4,944
    vCash
    1500
    And why are yall tripping about vagina? Which is by the way the best single thing in the whole world.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

  11. #236
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    10,973
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    I'll continue to play, bacause I did make a commitment with all of you at the beggining, and I certainly don't want FOBolous to drop out because of me. Even though I don't think it's stupid to quit, I'll keep starting and benching my players, since it's the only thing left to do, in respect of some people.

    But we need to talk about those vetos. They should only be used when a GM is clearly just giving players away, like at the end if someone feels he can't win anymore he decides he will give his best player away for nothing to someone. Yall are taking away all the fun out of it.
    no i'll still play. i mean...this is the only fantasy team i have this year. i just said i'll drop out if yall want to in support of yall. and i blocked MBT cause i just find his cocky "i'm right and you're dumb" attitude really annoying.

    and i definitely agree with the bolded statement. because of this, i'm not playing in any of MBT's leagues next year.
    Last edited by FOBolous; 11-30-2012 at 11:57 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post

    I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

    Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

  12. #237
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Posts
    23,216
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    I'll continue to play, bacause I did make a commitment with all of you at the beggining, and I certainly don't want FOBolous to drop out because of me. Even though I don't think it's stupid to quit, I'll keep starting and benching my players, since it's the only thing left to do, in respect of some people.

    But we need to talk about those vetos. They should only be used when a GM is clearly just giving players away, like at the end if someone feels he can't win anymore he decides he will give his best player away for nothing to someone. Yall are taking away all the fun out of it.
    That's very big of you, dude. I know you're pissed, and I'll admit I've similarly been upset over fantasy decisions in the past. But you have to remember that I'm not the only one who vetoed the trade, so other people must have seen something in it that they disagreed with.

    We can all still have fun in this thing and make trades without making blatantly one-sided deals. You've already had one successful deal in this game that was very fair for both sides, and there are no doubt tons of other trade opportunities out there.

    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    no i'll still play. i mean...this is the only fantasy team i have this year. i just said i'll drop out if yall want to in support of yall. and i blocked MBT cause i just find his cocky "i'm right and you're dumb" attitude really annoying.

    and i definitely agree with the bolded statement. because of this, i'm not playing in any of MBT's leagues next year.
    Dude, why would I want you to play in my leagues? You're such a baby that you threaten to quit when other trades that aren't even yours are vetoed and then you block me on PSD because you can't handle a forum argument. I've seen more maturity from 12-year-old girls than that. You claim I'm "cocky" because I show confidence in my posts and in my arguments. That's not being confident. That's believing in what you write. And not once have I questioned anyone's intelligence in this whole thing. It's a difference of opinion and I respect that. But based on the way you're acting, I'm beginning to question yours.


  13. #238
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    BRAZIL
    Posts
    4,944
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    That's very big of you, dude. I know you're pissed, and I'll admit I've similarly been upset over fantasy decisions in the past. But you have to remember that I'm not the only one who vetoed the trade, so other people must have seen something in it that they disagreed with.

    We can all still have fun in this thing and make trades without making blatantly one-sided deals. You've already had one successful deal in this game that was very fair for both sides, and there are no doubt tons of other trade opportunities out there.
    But it wasn't a blatantly one-sided deal. It was a deal involving different type of players, that we both accepted. You're clearly overrating Batum and Scola who just lost his position to a second-year guy. Drummond is averaging almost 8 rebounds and 2 blocks a game in his last 5 games, while getting more minutes, and Foye is hitting almost 2 and a half threes a game. The veto thing should only be used in situations I mentioned earlier, when it's clear someone is just giving players away.

    That ain't right.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

  14. #239
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Houston, Texas
    Posts
    9,565
    vCash
    1500
    I just sent a trade to Joey that is a little over-skewed in his favor if that damn trade can't get through then I'm at a loss, lol

  15. #240
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Conroe, TX
    Posts
    23,216
    vCash
    2502
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    But it wasn't a blatantly one-sided deal. It was a deal involving different type of players, that we both accepted. You're clearly overrating Batum and Scola who just lost his position to a second-year guy. Drummond is averaging almost 8 rebounds and 2 blocks a game in his last 5 games, while getting more minutes, and Foye is hitting almost 2 and a half threes a game. The veto thing should only be used in situations I mentioned earlier, when it's clear someone is just giving players away.

    That ain't right.
    I'll admit that I actually didn't know that Scola was no longer starting, which makes him less valuable that I had initially anticipated. But you can't sell me on Gallinari or Foye's value. Foye does provide great 3-point production and FT%, but that's about it. He provides mediocre point production and zero value anywhere else, and his FG% really, really hurts. If Gallo were playing better, this would have been a fair trade, but his FG% is beyond awful, his FT% is only so-so for a player at his position and his 3s aren't as good as they ought to be. He's good for points and rebounds, but Batum is good for EVERYTHING, and that's the point I'm trying to make. He's a rare player that gives you value in every single statistical category and even his turnovers aren't that bad for his position.


Page 16 of 44 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •