Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Oh my god.

If everybody agrees with you and think the trade is unfair. Where is everybody? Do you it's fair just veto it without even telling why, without having any justification? OK you have your opinion, you voted against the trade, which I think it's unfair, but at least you're trying to argue. But how about the others?

It's ironic the use of fair here.
    It's the middle of the day and most people are at work or at school. Just because everybody who vetoed hasn't justified their vote doesn't make it less valid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Lol. You need to look up the definition of "cocky." I'm just stating my opinion and providing justification for it. And clearly I'm not the only one that feels this way, because other people also vetoed the trade.

And you LITERALLY just made my argument for me in your own post. You said that a trade needs to be overwhelmingly one-sided to be voted. This trade is the definition of overwhelmingly one-sided. Edu is getting one of the best all-around fantasy producers in the entire sport and giving up mediocre performers who suck horribly in certain categories in return. How is that fair?

The problem is that you guys don't understand Batum's value. If you removed Batum and inserted Lebron or Durant, you guys would be pissed and it would have been vetoed even sooner. He's not on their level, but he's damn close. He's third in the entire league in made threes made and top 15 in points and steals. He's also above average for his position in FG%, FT%, blocks and assists while being only seventh worst in TOs for all SFs.

He's unquestionably a top 10 fantasy player and you guys are treating him like a guy who's just pretty good.
    the trade was not overwhelming one sided. does it favor someone? yes. but was it overwhelming one sided? no.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    I didn't vote one way or the other (out and about all day) but I would have vetoed it. Since it got vetoed, I'm assuming that means 6 people voted for the veto. So essentially 7 of the 8 teams not involved thought it was veto worthy? Seems pretty unfair to me
    The Most Epic Thread EVER
    Quote Originally Posted by dbroncos78087 View Post
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    It's the middle of the day and most people are at work or at school. Just because everybody who vetoed hasn't justified their vote doesn't make it less valid.
    Yes it does. I could be a clown and veto every trade. Does that sound right to ya? At least 7 had to vote against and just you justified. The racist guy only said he disagrees but he gave no explanation why.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    i'm playing fantasy football on espn.com, and this is what happen when other gm's don't veto trades:

STARTERS Wk 13 2012 SEASON WEEK 13
    SLOT PLAYER, TEAM POS OPP STATUS ET PRK PTS AVG LAST PROJ OPRK %ST %OWN +/-
    QB Matt Ryan, Atl QB [Breaking Video]
    NO
    7-0 7:47 1st 6 274 24.9 24 31 32nd 78.3 100.0 +0
    QB Tom Brady, NE QB
    @Mia
    Sun 1:00 1 316 28.7 48 24 20th 94.7 100.0 +0
    RB Arian Foster, Hou RB P
    @Ten
    Sun 1:00 1 215 19.5 27 25 29th 99.7 100.0 +0
    RB Adrian Peterson, Min RB P [Breaking News]
    @GB
    Sun 1:00 3 204 18.5 14 17 16th 96.5 100.0 +0
    WR A.J. Green, Cin WR [Recent News]
    @SD
    Sun 4:25 1 187 17.0 17 16 17th 97.6 100.0 +0
    WR Calvin Johnson, Det WR P [Breaking News]
    Ind
    Sun 1:00 2 169 15.4 24 19 29th 98.3 100.0 +0
    TE Vernon Davis, SF TE [Recent News]
    @StL
    Sun 1:00 8 79 7.2 0 3 20th 77.4 100.0 +0
    FLEX Alfred Morris, Wsh RB
    NYG
    Mon 8:30 9 143 13.0 21 16 8th 83.5 100.0 +0
    D/ST 49ers D/ST D/ST
    @StL
    Sun 1:00 3 199 18.1 28 13 17th 86.0 100.0 +0
    K Robbie Gould, Chi K [Recent News]
    Sea
    Sun 1:00 13 107 9.7 11 10 9th 58.5 72.5 -0.5
    BENCH Wk 13 2012 SEASON WEEK 13
    SLOT PLAYER, TEAM POS OPP STATUS ET PRK PTS AVG LAST PROJ OPRK %ST %OWN +/-
    Bench Roddy White, Atl WR [Recent News]
    NO
    7-0 7:47 1st 9 137 12.5 5 17 30th 97.4 100.0 +0
    Bench Rob Gronkowski*, NE TE O [Breaking Video]
    @Mia
    Sun 1:00 1 140 12.7 0 0 13th 44.3 96.1 -1.6
    Bench Matt Forte, Chi RB Q [Breaking News]
    Sea
    Sun 1:00 19 104 9.5 1 7 5th 68.1 100.0 +0
    Bench Victor Cruz, NYG WR [Breaking Video]
    @Wsh
    Mon 8:30 7 140 12.7 9 16 32nd 92.8 100.0 +0
    Bench Brandon Marshall, Chi WR [Breaking Video]
    Sea
    Sun 1:00 3 165 15.0 9 13 2nd 95.6 100.0 +0
    Bench Marshawn Lynch, Sea RB P [Breaking News]
    @Chi
    Sun 1:00 4 164 14.9 4 9 3rd 86.3 100.0 +0
    Bench Maurice Jones-Drew*, Jac RB O [Breaking News]
    @Buf
    Sun 1:00 31 62 5.6 0 0 32nd 34.8 96.1 -2.2

needless to this guy is 12-0 this year all will win the league because of all the 1-sided trades he has made this year. so i see where mbt is coming from.

no way one guy should have all those pro bowlers on one squad
    Last edited by houstonzfinest; 11-29-2012 at 08:56 PM.

vCash
    Yes it does. I could be a clown and veto every trade. Does that sound right to ya? At least 7 had to vote against and just you justified. The racist guy only said he disagrees but he gave no explanation why.
    and you have every right to veto every trade. but it wont matter unless at least 5 others think its worth vetoing too. point is when 7/8 of the league not impacted (directly) by the trade think it's a bad deal, it's a bad deal
    Yea what is he thinking not wanting to drive next to or near drunk people. I have never met a more sheltered scaredy cat. As a hobby i find 10-15 homeless guys and give them lots of alcohol and play bumper cars all day but im normal.

vCash
    You guys are blowing this trade so far out of proportion its stupid. Apparently I'm winning the whole thing bc I have batum. Lol. You guys thought it was one sided. The people doing the trade don't. So just so we are clear moving forward.... If trades are going to happen we have to verify that everyone is cool with it?

And sorry your fantasy football league is ruined but the trades that were going to happen in our league were on such a smaller scale it isn't even close

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ricosu4ve20 View Post
    You guys are blowing this trade so far out of proportion its stupid. Apparently I'm winning the whole thing bc I have batum. Lol. You guys thought it was one sided. The people doing the trade don't. So just so we are clear moving forward.... If trades are going to happen we have to verify that everyone is cool with it?

And sorry your fantasy football league is ruined but the trades that were going to happen in our league were on such a smaller scale it isn't even close
    agreed. if you and edu want to drop out, i'll drop out with yall cause i support yall.
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    I'm not gonna drop out, I'm just gonna kick ***** like a boss with the team I have. I'm not gonna trade because unless its lebron for durant it will get vetoed. Ill just play the waiver wire and n
    available players and do the best I can.

I don't understand how it suppose to be fun when no one can trade. Trades to me are suppose to be one sided? gm a tries to rape gm b to fill in his holes while gm b counters to give gm a what he wants but for what gm b will give up.

I think edu is not gonna play anymore but I'm not sure.

vCash
    I'm having a hard time understanding why the Jefferson for Davis trade isn't being vetoed? seems vetoing is inconsistent?

vCash
    I'm not gonna drop out, I'm just gonna kick ***** like a boss with the team I have. I'm not gonna trade because unless its lebron for durant it will get vetoed. Ill just play the waiver wire and n

I don't understand how it suppose to be fun when no one can trade. Trades to me are suppose to be one sided? gm a tries to rape gm b to fill in his holes while gm b counters to give gm a what he wants but for what gm b will give up.

I just don't see the point in playing anymore if these things are gonna happen everytime. I don't see how I could have fun only playing with my current team and signing FAs. Trades are the funniest things. I remember I used to try trades in the NBA live instead of actually play games.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    I say just keep playing dude. And try to win. If nothing else just to prove a point and that your not a quitter.

vCash
    I say don't veto unless it is lebron for JJ redick or something. It's not your job to make trades fair as possible.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WhiteSoxGod View Post
    I say don't veto unless it is lebron for JJ redick or something. It's not your job to make trades fair as possible.

that's complete bs

I just don't see the point in playing anymore if these things are gonna happen everytime. I don't see how I could have fun only playing with my current team and signing FAs. Trades are the funniest things. I remember I used to try trades in the NBA live instead of actually play games.
    agreed
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

vCash
    look just cause 1 trade got vetoed doesn't mean you can't trade. y'all re blowing that out of proportion. last year we didn't have any vetoes (although they should have blocked mine). when i made that deal i fully expected it to get blocked. someone it didnt (not paying attention?) and it completely skewed the power of the league.

i've been in plenty of leagues and trades have always been plentiful despite some getting vetoed.

Page 15 of 44 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast