Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ricosu4ve20 View Post
    But its MY fantasy team????
    I'm not understanding why it matters to everyone else if I get raped or not
    That's how vetoes work, dude. Have you guys seriously not done fantasy sports before? If two GMs make a one-sided deal that the majority of the league doesn't feel comfortable with, those GMs have a right to veto a trade. And clearly I'm not the only one who thought that way, because it only took a few hours for that trade to get vetoed.

Like I said earlier, if you two want to discuss and work out a fairer deal, the majority of the GMs probably wouldn't have a problem with it. But the deal, as constructed, is total crap.

vCash
    Also, I think you guys just don't grasp why vetoes are used in the first place. If one GM makes a bunch of trades that clearly are in his favor, that GM is likely going to win a lot more as a result of that deal. On the surface of any trade, everyone probably just thinks how it affects those two teams, but every trade made in this game will affect EVERYBODY. If Edu gets Batum and gives up so little in return, then he's going to win far more matchups as a result of that trade. Why would I want to allow Edu to get Batum for nothing if he's going to kick my *** as a result of that trade?

You see my point?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone View Post
    Also, I think you guys just don't grasp why vetoes are used in the first place. If one GM makes a bunch of trades that clearly are in his favor, that GM is likely going to win a lot more as a result of that deal. On the surface of any trade, everyone probably just thinks how it affects those two teams, but every trade made in this game will affect EVERYBODY. If Edu gets Batum and gives up so little in return, then he's going to win far more matchups as a result of that trade. Why would I want to allow Edu to get Batum for nothing if he's going to kick my *** as a result of that trade?

You see my point?
    That's just a joke. How was the trade a "rape"? We're talking about two 17-point guys and Batum is averaging 12 points on 37% from the fiels in his last 5 games. Drummond is averaging almost 9 rebounds and 2 blocks in his last 5 games while playing more than 20 minutes, he's obviously developing. Foye is making more than 2 threes a game while averaging 11 points a game and Scola just lost his starting position.

Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash

You see my point?
    i think you're acting like David Stern. which is not cool. and i also think the veto system is being misused. i think people are simply looking at each individual trade thinking "oh that's not fair" without considering the overall make up of the teams and each players' strategy/approach at winning the game. imo...as long the trade isn't overwhelming one sided, we should let all trades go through without *****ing about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by lol, please View Post
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash
    No I don't see your point? bc if you think edu getting batum suddenly makes him a favorite to destroy people your sadly mistaken. One guy doesn't just make your team awesome. No offense but look at fobolous.... Lebron James and to me his team isn't doing super great right now.

I understand that's not the best example but you (mbt) said yourself that last year you beat the guy who got all the good players... And not to mention our teams aren't even that good after the trade

vCash
    Are you kidding me? You're going to bow out because one person thought your trade was a complete rape? If that's how you're going to handle yourself, then good riddance. I'm a little disappointed that I asked you to join in the first place.
    Do you really wanna talk about disappointment? How about spending like 2 days working out a trade that's fair for both sides and then a bunch of people who claim they're smarter than everyone else just veto the trade?

Funny thing is, just my trade got vetoed.

vCash
    Yea for the record edu and I went back and forth for two days about 6 different offers were proposed

vCash
    No I don't see your point? bc if you think edu getting batum suddenly makes him a favorite to destroy people your sadly mistaken. One guy doesn't just make your team awesome. No offense but look at fobolous.... Lebron James and to me his team isn't doing super great right now.

I understand that's not the best example but you (mbt) said yourself that last year you beat the guy who got all the good players... And not to mention our teams aren't even that good after the trade
    But you're not looking at the big picture. If we allow this one trade to happen, then what's going to stop a dozen other one-sided trades from happening? It's about setting a precedent here that trades need to at least make SOME sense from a value standpoint.

And if you honestly thought that your Batum trade was fair, PLEASE provide some level of justification for it. I keep reading about how unfair all the vetoes are, but have yet to read a single piece of evidence that proves how that trade is fair. You're giving up one of the best players in fantasy AND a very good PF and get medioce players at both positions in return. How is that a fair trade?

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Do you really wanna talk about disappointment? How about spending like 2 days working out a trade that's fair for both sides and then a bunch of people who claim they're smarter than everyone else just veto the trade?

If you spent two days working on that trade to make it "fair", either you have no clue what "fair" means or you must not have worked much in those two days. I've already said that I have no problem with you guys reworking that trade a little bit to make it fair for both sides. If you really want it to go through, you'll be willing to take five minutes to rework it and send it in. But getting Batum AND Scola for Gallo, Drummond and Foye is crap. Make it Gallo and Favors for Batum and a bench player, and I'd pass that in a heartbeat.

vCash
    But you're not looking at the big picture. If we allow this one trade to happen, then what's going to stop a dozen other one-sided trades from happening? It's about setting a precedent here that trades need to at least make SOME sense from a value standpoint.

And if you honestly thought that your Batum trade was fair, PLEASE provide some level of justification for it. I keep reading about how unfair all the vetoes are, but have yet to read a single piece of evidence that proves how that trade is fair. You're giving up one of the best players in fantasy AND a very good PF and get medioce players at both positions in return. How is that a fair trade?

If you spent two days working on that trade to make it "fair", either you have no clue what "fair" means or you must not have worked much in those two days. I've already said that I have no problem with you guys reworking that trade a little bit to make it fair for both sides. If you really want it to go through, you'll be willing to take five minutes to rework it and send it in. But getting Batum AND Scola for Gallo, Drummond and Foye is crap. Make it Gallo and Favors for Batum and a bench player, and I'd pass that in a heartbeat.
    dude. you're cocky. and it's getting annoyed. again...you don't know what they're thinking, what their strategies are, and i'm 100% you didn't consider the overall makeup of their team and how the trade will effect it. unless the trade is overwhelming one sided, all trades should go through. if not then the veto system is being abused.
    1. Thunder
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers
    4. Blazers
    5. Grizzlies

I already have that scrizzguap on the Dubs winning a 'ship.
    Sincerely,
    delusional Warriors fan

Quote Originally Posted by COOLbeans View Post
    What do you do for a living because I guarantee it's not in academics or psychology?

vCash

Oh my god. If you're think Gallinari and Drummond are mediocre players, then it makes no sense losing time argueing, you're clearly a child.

Man we're talking about a 12-point guy in the last two weeks and a guy who just got benched.

If you spent two days working on that trade to make it "fair", either you have no clue what "fair" means or you must not have worked much in those two days.
    How about you? You're smart and we're just dumb? What does it make your opinion fair? Your opinion?

vCash
    I agree. The veto is there for trades like lebron and durant for foye lol. Not these trades. And it has nothing to do Bout being fair. We came to an agreement and what we thought was fair.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    dude. you're cocky. and it's getting annoyed. again...you don't know what they're thinking, what their strategies are, and i'm 100% you didn't consider the overall makeup of their team and how the trade will effect it. unless the trade is overwhelming one sided, all trades should go through. if not then the veto system is being abused.
    Yeah good luck trying to trade LeBron. You tried to rape me, and I tried to rape you. We did. No one accepted those trade offers and we're good. Everybody knows what they're doing, if you don't want to accept no one is forcing you with a gun in your head.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mightybosstone:24506491

Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    Do you really wanna talk about disappointment? How about spending like 2 days working out a trade that's fair for both sides and then a bunch of people who claim they're smarter than everyone else just veto the t

That's a joke lol. Make it this and ill approve it. How stupid. Basically all mbt will approve is what he thinks is fair

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FOBolous View Post
    Lol. You need to look up the definition of "cocky." I'm just stating my opinion and providing justification for it. And clearly I'm not the only one that feels this way, because other people also vetoed the trade.

And you LITERALLY just made my argument for me in your own post. You said that a trade needs to be overwhelmingly one-sided to be voted. This trade is the definition of overwhelmingly one-sided. Edu is getting one of the best all-around fantasy producers in the entire sport and giving up mediocre performers who suck horribly in certain categories in return. How is that fair?

The problem is that you guys don't understand Batum's value. If you removed Batum and inserted Lebron or Durant, you guys would be pissed and it would have been vetoed even sooner. He's not on their level, but he's damn close. He's third in the entire league in made threes made and top 15 in points and steals. He's also above average for his position in FG%, FT%, blocks and assists while being only seventh worst in TOs for all SFs.

He's unquestionably a top 10 fantasy player and you guys are treating him like a guy who's just pretty good.

vCash

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast