Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Rockets cut Livingston to reach final roster

The Rockets trimmed roster to 15 by waiving Shaun Livingston, in addition to yesterday's decisions -- Hayward, Forbes, Brockman and Johnson.
    Livingston had played extended minutes in final two preseason games, but the Rockets went with Machado and Douglas as backup point guards.
    By cutting Livingston, Rockets save $2.5 million in cap room. The Rockets $7.5 million in cap room.
    Rockets waived five guaranteed contracts today.
    When having Harden with 2nd unit, Douglas fits better than before as a shooter, defender. Not as much an issue that he's not a playmaker.
    Jonathan Feigen, via Twitter

vCash
    So, I suppose that makes this the final roster:
    PG Jeremy Lin / Toney Douglas / Scott Machado
    SG James Harden / Carlos Delfino / Daequan Cook
    SF Chandler Parsons / Marcus Morris / Royce White
    PF Patrick Patterson / Terrence Jones / Donatas Motiejunas
    C Omer Asik / Cole Aldrich / Greg Smith

I can't say I'm that surprised by the Livingston signing, although I think he is a better overall player than some of the guys who made the roster. That being said, its saves Houston money and it allows them to keep young guys like Aldrich, Smith and Machado on the roster.

Now the interesting part will be to see who is active and who isn't on Wednesday. I'm sure White won't be active, and if I had to bet, I'd say Machado and Morris were the other two. But I also wouldn't be surprised if Smith and/or Aldrich not making the active roster.

I kind of want Morris to at least make the active roster so that he can be given a shot in limited minutes. If he fails, then they can bump him to the D-League and trade him or cut him by the end of the season.

vCash
    I'm not surprised either, but I would keep him, he showed he can still play at a good level and it seems he we would need him more than another big man, even though both Aldrich and Smith could have a better future. But it's not like he would play a lot anyway.

I would bet on Machado, White and Smith to be inactive, but I wouldn't be surprised if Morris can make the 12-men roster. I think Machado could make it, he could really use some time in the D-league, but with Livingston cut, we only have Douglas to backup Lin and I think we could see Douglas getting some time at the 2.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by EDUTEXANS View Post
    I'm not surprised either, but I would keep him, he showed he can still play at a good level and it seems he we would need him more than another big man, even though both Aldrich and Smith could have a better future. But it's not like he would play a lot anyway.

I would bet on Machado, White and Smith to be inactive, but I wouldn't be surprised if Morris can make the 12-men roster. I think Machado could make it, he could really use some time in the D-league, but with Livingston cut, we only have Douglas to backup Lin and I think we could see Douglas getting some time at the 2.
    Yeah, but we'll also probably see some time with Harden at the 1. I would be willing to bet Machado is on the D-League unless Douglas or Lin get hurt this season.