Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Who do you think should start at Center?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • JaVale McGee

14 53.85%
  • Kosta Koufos

10 38.46%
  • Timofey Mozgov

2 7.69%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Question Who should start at Center for the Nuggets?

Who do you want to see starting at Center for the Denver Nuggets this year?
    Last edited by Wruff; 10-26-2012 at 12:29 PM.

vCash
    Kosta. He has performed better than any other center on this team.

vCash
    mcgee
    Last edited by SoFreshNsoClean; 10-26-2012 at 05:05 PM.
    *Coach BShaw supporter*
    *George Karl currently still out of the league*
    *Nuggets will be in the playoffs 2015*

vCash
    Great poll question btw.

I chose McGee because I think he has the best long term potential and would like to have seen him get a lot more minutes in the preseason. I understand that George Karl has to win NOW and by all accounts K2 has been the best big in camp. Hence, his hand is being forced a little to play K2 and show players they get rewarded for effort in practice.

However, McGee is the X-factor for the Nuggets. If he develops into the player he could be, the Nuggets become a contender. The best way to develop him, in my opinion, is to play him as the starter and give him starter minutes. I would have thought the preseason was a perfect time to get him as many minutes as possible and let him work with Ty, Iguodala and Gallo.

Interesting no one has picked Mozzy so far, so I would like to place a bet that Mozgov will start at center on Oct 31st against Philly.
    Last edited by Poz303; 10-26-2012 at 08:49 PM.

vCash
    I sure hope we didn't extend/overpaid McGee just to become the team's backup center. That being said, I'm obviously going with JaVale here.

vCash
    javale has not proven yet that he is a starting center. he had one good playoff series and got overpayed. he is still a couple of years away from being a good starter. koufus is just a more fundamentally sound player. he is a better rebounder and really only lacks the wingspan that javale has.

vCash
    As of right now, Koufos has the nod to start at center. Mcgee still has some developing to do but by the end of the season, he should be the clear cut starter. No way you can spend 10 mil a year on a person to be playing of the bench. Karl prefers to have Mcgee come off the bench because he plays well with Dre. Lots of alley-oop potential. Just to start off the season I see Koufos but after 20-22 games I see Mcgee coming in to start.

vCash
    I understand Koufos at first, as he has the mental capacity to handle it....and is serviceable there. Not to mention bringing McGee in a few minutes later will be a matchup nightmare in most cases for other teams.

Eventually though, I would like McGee to start. I think it would put a little more responsibility on him to bring it every night, and help him feel more as a leader of the team.
    Props to VCU4LIFEGOVIKS for the sig

vCash
    If Mcgee does not start at some point this season there is something wrong with Karl. Yeah playing Mcgee off the bench will be matchup issues and he is great with Miller. But if you want him to get better with Ty, Iggy, and Gallo then you have to start the guy. You could always play Mcgee with Miller in the middle of the games.
    Last edited by 3iverson3; 10-28-2012 at 02:43 PM.

vCash
    Kosta,i have him on my fantasy team

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 3iverson3 View Post
    If Mcgee does not start at some point this season there is something wrong with Karl.
    I agree w/ this.
    Last edited by SoFreshNsoClean; 10-28-2012 at 11:18 PM.
    *Coach BShaw supporter*
    *George Karl currently still out of the league*
    *Nuggets will be in the playoffs 2015*

vCash
    Defensively-Mozgov
    Overall decent but nothing spectacular-Koufas
    Most potential and can be really good if actually developed, most star potential-Mcgee

Why can't Karl just use Moz/Koufas as a backup to the 5/possibly 4? He is going to ride Koufas/Moz for starting center for a loooooooooooooooooooong time.

vCash
    Sad to say, but I'm not seeing any of that work that McGee put in with The Dream in the off-season. Still seems like his offensive strategy is "Me jump over you!"

vCash
    He broke out some of those moves this preseason...but uh...he did it about 15 feet away from the bucket. He has got to establish better post position..

It seems like Karl allowed McGee to try some things out this preseason (part of the reason why we averaged a league worst 20+ turnovers this preseason)..I would have to imagine that McGee will follow what Karl wants him to do come regular season time (tommorow)...which is play off of other people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BRAVE KID View Post
    He broke out some of those moves this preseason...but uh...he did it about 15 feet away from the bucket. He has got to establish better post position..

It seems like Karl allowed McGee to try some things out this preseason (part of the reason why we averaged a league worst 20+ turnovers this preseason)..I would have to imagine that McGee will follow what Karl wants him to do come regular season time (tommorow)...which is play off of other people.
    Totally agree. McGee did try a couple of moves but his positioning on those moves was horrible. Still, I expect him to keep working them in practice and expect he will try a couple in a game. I dont mind him trying to develop as long as he doesnt have poor position and it's not a critical possession.

But for the most part, unless he is executing them regularly in practice, Karl will have a short leash on him if he attempts them in a game.

Also, with Ty's contract all settled, I expect to see an invigorated Ty on Halloween night.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast