Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Browns to Star in "Hard Knocks" Type Series

Report: Cleveland Browns to Star in "Hard Knocks Type" Reality Series
    While I have not seen official reports from the Browns or any television networks, I have received word from someone close to the situation that the Browns will soon be starring in what is described as a "Hard Knocks Type" reality series.

The special is rumored to be airing on the Travel Channel and filming is scheduled to start next week. From what I understand, it will give viewers a "behind the scenes" look at the Browns on and off the field, very similar to the successful HBO series, Hard Knocks.

While this seemed a bit odd to me at first, especially mid-season, after a bit of investigation it made a little more sense. Haslam's wife, Dee, is CEO of RIVR Media which has produced very successful reality shows such as "Trading Spaces" and "Whale Wars" and continually pitches new shows to networks like HGTV, Animal Planet, and others. Whether this new special will be on the Travel Channel or some other cable network, the connection is clear.
    http://rawsports.yardbarker.com/blog/rawsports/art icle/report_cleveland_browns_to_star_in_hard_knock s_type_reality_series/12057535

Any reason to give the young Brownies more spotlight and national attention is good to me.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    I think for most teams this is a bad idea. But for smaller market teams like the Browns who need more spotlight it is a good idea. Players would be more willing to come here knowing that they have outlets to get on TV.

Lets be honest, most athletes are selfish greedy people. ha true though.
    For not honoring a sig bet I now own YEDB90

vCash
    I think when you factor in how we're getting this show it should be fine. It's not like they're looking for controversies to display or anything of that nature. It should be a cool look into what it's like inside our facility and about how some of our players are off the field. Looking forward to this.

vCash
    welcome to the marketing and business machine that is Jimmy Haslam. I fully expect to be overwhelmed with this type of PR stuff for many years to come. EXCELLENT!!

vCash
    I actually know one of the people they hired to do camera work. He's pretty damn excited.

vCash
    Sounds kinda kool.

props to Bee for the sig!!

vCash

vCash
    Lookes awesome.

vCash
    Starts tonight with the Ravens and Giants games at 9pm Central time on the Travel Channel which for DirectTV I believe is 274. Already have it DVR'ed up. Should be interesting watching the behind the scenes with all these young guys especially with the transition of ownership and Holmgren to Banner.

Best Friends 4-Life!!!

vCash
    Cant wait too see it.

vCash
    Pretty cool show. Not much into the Browns per say but it's interesting to see all the behind the scenes stuff we take for granted.

vCash
    I enjoyed it.

vCash
    Hey fellas! Been a while since I've posted and need to update the sig, but I like this behind the scenes look at the Browns.

If you watched last night's episode for Dallas game, it shows Haslam talking with Gil Brandt on the sidelines before the game. Brandt comments to Halsam how he likes our young talent. Haslam is like really?! who!? and Brandt says there are about 20 of 'em. You gotta like to hear that as I'm sure Haslam did too.

vCash
    I liked that part with Gil.