Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    vCash
    Yeah Pujols is a great great player. But this has to be Bonds, hands down.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The SF Giant View Post
    It's not cheating if 90% of your peers are doing it.
    Tell that to the students in Harvard that got thrown out recently.

vCash
    Bonds.

I miss the steroid era. Was terrible for the players hearts and penis sizes but great for the fans.

vCash
    It looks like like Bonds probably began using PED's in 1993... Going by power surge.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    It looks like like Bonds probably began using PED's in 1993... Going by power surge.
    Power surge? How about a better explanation, at age 28 he hit his physical prime and started hitting the weights more, focusing on hitting more, and had power numbers rise in 1992 the way one would expect a player's power numbers to go up during their prime?

Saying that a player had a "power surge" during the prime years of their career, and therefore they started using PEDs, is about as nonsensical as it gets. Stop hating.

vCash
    Bonds is my favorite player ever so him!
    But I'm rooting for pujols to break bonds record since he's an angel now!

Love him or hate him, call him overrated, a punk, chump, and whatever blasphemy you people speak, fact of the matter is there is no denying he's the best of his generation and will go down as a top 5 player ever...what he has done for the NBA is amazing he's the biggest name in basketball all around the world and his chase for number 6 continues! All that matters though to us Laker fans is #17! Lakersnation! #16to17

vCash
    Pujols

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffy25 View Post
    To that point?

Age 32?

Sure, they are very close.

89.0 rWAR for Bonds - .282/.408/.551 with gold glove defense in left and some time in center
    vs 88.5 rWAR for Pujols - .325/.414/.608 with gold glove defense at first

Pujols was the better hitter, Bonds the better fielder at a harder position

I'd say these two are equal.

Now what Bonds did post 97 though, is highly unlikely to be replicated. However, if it is, Pujols will more than earn his contract

Dude. 1 word. Steroids.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The SF Giant View Post
    It's not cheating if 90% of your peers are doing it.
    So if everybody at the bar drives home drunk, its all good?
    Quote Originally Posted by Demon11 View Post
    That analogy doesn't work considering pitchers used steroids as well.
    That doesn't make it an equalizer. It helps a guy like Bonds or Clemens play like he's 25 when he's got the veteran experience at 40.

As far as pitchers are concerned too, I think the steroid era saw a lot more players (esp relievers) make the majors with a good fastball and nothing to back it up. The harder its thrown the harder it can be hit.

vCash
    pretty sad Bonds career is overshadowed by allegations (which have never been proven) because in all reality he is the greatest ALL AROUND baseball player EVER. Period.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeOvErl View Post
    pretty sad Bonds career is overshadowed by admissions (in which he said he never took them "knowingly") because in all reality he is the greatest ALL AROUND baseball player EVER. Asterisk.
    fixed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Krush View Post
    Do what I did. Get a picture of him every year from age 17 up. It's 1999/2000 that his head and body took a severe turn from what he had been. Try a 1997 vs 2001 comparison - whoa...

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DukeOvErl View Post
    pretty sad Bonds career is overshadowed by allegations (which have never been proven) because in all reality he is the greatest ALL AROUND baseball player EVER. Period.
    That's crap. If you remove his obviously juiced seasons, and give him a decline phase such as other top 12 MLB hitters such as Ted and Musial, and his career hitting stats come out similar to Musial with a lower BA, and a higher SLG. He'd clearly fit into the top 10 all time, throw in his very plus fielding in LF (which probably would have been better the last 3rd of his career if he was 35 lbs lighter), and his base running, and he's likely top 5 positional player, with no shadow over him.

No player in MLB histroy has EVER had a spike in performance like Bonds starting at age 34 forward. It's ersatz, and anyone that glories in it - isn't being objective.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    Do what I did. Get a picture of him every year from age 17 up. It's 1999/2000 that his head and body took a severe turn from what he had been. Try a 1997 vs 2001 comparison - whoa...
    also look at today and how hes shrunk

http://i.usatoday.net/communitymanag...ndsx-large.jpg

http://www.zimbio.com/photos/Barry+B...ee/lEw6X1okqSW

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    That's crap. If you remove his obviously juiced seasons, and give him a decline phase such as other top 12 MLB hitters such as Ted and Musial, and his career hitting stats come out similar to Musial with a lower BA, and a higher SLG. He'd clearly fit into the top 10 all time, throw in his very plus fielding in LF (which probably would have been better the last 3rd of his career if he was 35 lbs lighter), and his base running, and he's likely top 5 positional player, with no shadow over him.

No player in MLB histroy has EVER had a spike in performance like Bonds starting at age 34 forward. It's ersatz, and anyone that glories in it - isn't being objective.

IF If If...Not one test proving hed been on anything has ever come out just like pujols, which you cant say he hasnt been on something since the begining of his career. Bottom line is Bonds was the greatest hitter ever, which players hitting stats always get better with age, while his fielding DID decline & so did his base stealing. Remember hes the only Mr 500/500, & at the end he just had it so good at the plate he only had to worry about location because he had 1 of the quickest swings, the best eye & reaction...& i dont know how many PEDs give you that kind of enhancements.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast