Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

What's the most unpredictable division in 2017?

What division is the toughest to predict in 2017?

AL West? ALEast should be BoSox and then I dunno after. Central Indians and then everyone else. NLE Nats or Mets for 1st? NLC Cubs and then Cards. Maybe Pirates if their young pitchers perform. NLW Dodgers/Giants battle it out and then darkhorse Rockies?

AL West probably Rangers or Astros, but Mariners maybe can put it together for a season? And then Angels who knows?

The Lost Boys of PSD

From most unpredictable to predictable:
    AL West
    AL Central
    NL East
    NL West
    AL East
    NL Central

Who is competing with Cleveland? To me the AL Central is tied for the most predictable division around with NL Central. I think the Dodgers run away with the division too.

I think AL E, NL E and AL W are going to be the only interesting divisions.

Before I opened this I was thinking AL West and looks like we both agree. Just don't know what your going to get from the Angels. Rangers seem like a favorite again and Oakland and Seattle can make some noise. We know what the Astros are going give us from last year and if Keuchel can rebound from an off year and with the addition of Brian McCann, they can make some noise for the division winner.

Aaron Judge- MLB's Next Rising Star!

Quote Originally Posted by Twitchy View Post
    Who is competing with Cleveland? To me the AL Central is tied for the most predictable division around with NL Central. I think the Dodgers run away with the division too.

I think AL E, NL E and AL W are going to be the only interesting divisions.
    Detroit was right there until the end last year, and their division got worse overall, with some better luck they could compete with Clevland.

Quote Originally Posted by bootsy View Post
    From most unpredictable to predictable:
    AL West
    AL Central
    NL East
    NL West
    AL East
    NL Central
    I'll go with this:
    AL West
    AL East
    NL East
    AL Central
    NL West
    NL Central

I bump up the AL East being more unpredictable because there are so many other teams that could contend for that top spot. It's not that the BoSox are any less the favorites than the Indians, but the Indians have only one team I think that can really challenge them while the BoSox have 3 that could conceivably do it IMO. The AL East is a deeper division so there is more unpredictability there IMO.

I also put the NL East above the AL Central because I think the Mets pose a slightly greater threat to the Nats than Detroit does to Cleveland. I could see that the argument against what I just said though and I guess KC could throw a wrench into this, but they don't have that killer bullpen anymore so I'll say they won't for now.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 01-27-2017 at 03:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by El Patito View Post
    Wow, you just won't let this go will you? I'd be more than happy to provide the numbers again if you'd like. The fact is that Marmol in his best season, put up one of the greatest performances by a reliever in the history of baseball. Better than Rivera? Youre damn right. You can't deny this.
    Marmolololololol

Quote Originally Posted by ciaban View Post
    Detroit was right there until the end last year, and their division got worse overall, with some better luck they could compete with Clevland.
    Detroit's just not close to Cleveland.

Seriously. CLE mops the floor with DET at this point.

"there's no shines in my shinebox"

Detroit didn't catch Cleveland and now Cleveland has EE with Carrasco and Salazaar and a full season of Miller. Oh and possibly a full season of Brantley.

I'm going to say Cleveland murders the division.

AL West is the most unpredictable.

AL West
    AL East
    NL West
    NL East
    NL Central
    AL Central
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack of Blades View Post
    I don't consider Brand New indie. I consider them ****ing awesome and don't belong to a genre.

Aside from the homer in me that wants the Mets to win next years WS, my head tells me the Indians are the best team in baseball. I think they run through that division pretty easily, barring significant injury.

Most unpredictable? The AL West. There are legitimately 3 teams who could win take that division crown. I'm not buying the Angels though.

Good thing the game is not played on paper.

AL East, NL East, AL West.

Not sure how I'd order them.

Probably AL West, AL East, NL East OTOH.
    Follow me on Twitter or like my journalist page on Facebook

AL West has three teams that realistically can/will win the division AL East is fairly unpredictable as well.

Rangers, M's, and Astros

A's can shake the bars possibly. Angels I think are unlikely to do any damage, but some people are seeing them as a .500 team. I just don't.

NL Central looks like
    Cubs
    Cards
    Pirates in that order fairly safely
    Reds and Brewers look out of it

NL East looks like the Nats and Mets at the top.
    Mets rotation will determine who is on top

Then Marlins then Braves and Phillies

AL East is fairly unpredictable outside of the Red Sox likely on the top.

Yankees, Jays, and O's could be above .500. Rays close to that

NL West is only the Dodgers and Giants (I assume Giants on top personally)
    Rockies, D'Backs and Padres all probably below or near .500

AL Central is the Indians division

Royals and Tigers could make noise, but unlikely enough. Twins are rebuilding, but .500 wouldn't be a total surprise. White Sox are clearly rebuilding now.

Obviously just my opinions.

I wrote last week that I think the Twins will win 80 games. Still...that won't be close to enough to dethrone the Indians.
    Follow me on Twitter or like my journalist page on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by brandonwarne52 View Post
    I wrote last week that I think the Twins will win 80 games. Still...that won't be close to enough to dethrone the Indians.
    I don't know quite about 80 wins, but they won't lose 100 games again.

I'm hoping Buxton has turned the corner, and I think he may have (when he came back Sept 1 and got to play full time he hit .287/.357/.653 - 9 HR in 29 games - tiny sample, but he looked great).

I think Kepler can be a perennial .825ish OPS right fielder and Sano can become Miggy without too much more development, just needs to control the strike outs which I think he can do.

Their pitching is really bad though. And the bright spot last year (Berrios) was awful in his 14 starts.

They need to find a trade for Dozier and land some pitching.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast