Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Top Problems*

vCash
    THis new look lakers are built for the post season, and not to the no bearing preseason games, and they will peak at the right time.

Just wait and see!

The only thing im worried about is Mike Brown.
    Last edited by showtime24; 10-27-2012 at 01:26 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by showtime24 View Post
    THis new look lakers are built for the post season, and not to the no bearing preseason games, and they will peak at the right time.

Just wait and see!

The only thing im worried about is Mike Brown.
    My concerns:

1. Mike Brown
    2. Mike Brown
    3. Mike Brown

All the other symptons are driven by him

1. Offense
    2. Rotations
    3. In game Adjustments

That is why i am hoping for a 3-7 start and some upset stars...

firing Mikey will be the most important change the Lakers can make this year to help them win

vCash
    Major concerns this year:

1. Staying healthy
    2. Mike Brown's ability to manage players' mins is huge (he did a poor job of managing Kobe's mins last year and used him like a mule. You could tell Kobe was worn down last year as he sat out the last 8 games or so........)
    3. Mike Brown's ability to make in game adjustments during the playoffs. He is really bad in terms of his rotations and his feel for the game leaves something to be desired. His substitution patterns were awful and cost us games.
    4. The bench is still a big concern. I thought with the additions of Meeks and Jamison, they would look better, however after watching them in 8 preseason games, it is clear that they still have some holes. They don't have good talent off of the bench save for a few guys.
    http://i44.tinypic.com/nl7ngy.jpg

Bring Back the Zen Master.

vCash
    I think Mike Brown is my biggest concern.

Nice guys don't win NBA championships...you have to have a taste for blood. Brown has yet to show me that he has coaching, game management, or leadership skills to be a long-term (i.e. winning) coach in Lakerland.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mOrphosis View Post
    I think Mike Brown is my biggest concern.

Nice guys don't win NBA championships...you have to have a taste for blood. Brown has yet to show me that he has coaching, game management, or leadership skills to be a long-term (i.e. winning) coach in Lakerland.
    I kinda feel bad for the guy ... He has a ton of pressure .. From fans owner manager city mayor jack nd snoop dogg ..all eyes on brown .. He took the job from shaw which was surprising he has a full year with these guys I don't wanna hear ****ing excuses
    We must at least reach the finals or worst WCF.. But KEY IS HEALTH without it this team is old we are secured :/
    thunder are so good at getting young talent ...Jeremy lamb, and jones III .. They are good nd smart organization ..young stars maybe look at erick Bledsoe .. They are so good at scouting nd getting those 25-15 picks and under sometimes ...sorry off topic

vCash
    Jackson, Popovich, Riley, even Carlisle...they are have the inner Jordan (or inner Kobe) DNA to win at all costs and not leaving an identifiable body behind for the family to recognize. Mike Brown is always acting as if he is just fortunate to be where he is. Not sure if he is a Jesus-freak or what. Although I am sure he works his butt off coaching, there is a certain hard-coded temperament that is needed to lead a diverse group of grown men to win championships at the NBA level...let alone for the expectations that come with the Lakers.

A winless preseason is not that big of a concern to me, but if the Lakers start out slow in the regular season...I just don't see this lasting long for "Fat Albert". PJ or Riley would have this team playing on the expectation to win 24/7...especially with the roster we now have.

At some point, the smiles and celebration of the off-season moves will have to end and the grind towards a championship will begin. As a Laker fan, I am used to that starting on the first day of training camp.

vCash
    Any coach change or major trade mid season you dont put Lakers and Championship in the same sentence. If Lakers dont look good by mid season start planing for next year.

vCash
    lol

vCash
    if we hit our FTs, we wouldnt be having this conversation!

vCash
    No reason to bump this thread..

There are recent threads you all can discuss this..

Free As Seagull.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234