Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Top Problems*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefflin View Post
    am i the only one who thinks sacre is kinda doo doo? buuuttttttt, I guess he'll have to doo...doo
    I feel the same way but we do need a big in case howard and hill backs continue to be a problem and there is no other big we can take a look at now

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers Ghost View Post
    I feel the same way but we do need a big in case howard and hill backs continue to be a problem and there is no other big we can take a look at now
    He is solid for a rook. 4 year college grads are always more prepared than early exists.
    LINSANITY

vCash
    Brian Kamenetzky laid it all out after last night's loss:

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/...mes-to-a-close

I don't disagree with a word he said.

One thing I will say that he didn't say is that the level of panic in the Laker's fan base is utterly embarrassing, and gives every other team ammunition to claim that we don't know a damn thing about basketball, let alone winning basketball. Like rich kids who don't know how to take a crap without the maid wiping their ***** Laker fans are whining about what they feel they're entitled to when the whole point about the greatness of the franchise is that they earn their rings.

Suck it up, get your game face on, and stop believing that some last-minute addition to the roster that we bring in at the vet minimum is going to change the world.
    Last edited by GailGoodrich; 10-26-2012 at 01:28 PM.

vCash
    I don't understand what people are worried about. Transition defense has been bad, but contrary to what many people on here are saying, it has little to nothing to do with age. It's been bad because we keep turning the ball over, the top 5 most athletic guys in league history would do just as bad in transition if they turn the ball over at the rate we did in the preseason. Reason for such a high number of turnovers: PRESEASON! Our turnovers will likely be cut in half once the season starts, the massive majority of our turnovers are unforced and stem from the careless play that occurs in the preseason.

vCash
    what i don't like is when Lakers loose ball,opponents go fast on fastbreak like 3 against 1 it was even couple episodes when Kings was 5 against 1.....some Lakers player really lazy to get back on defense....Nash,Gasol,Howard,jamison really lazy to get back on defense

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers4life08 View Post
    what i don't like is when Lakers loose ball,opponents go fast on fastbreak like 3 against 1 it was even couple episodes when Kings was 5 against 1.....some Lakers player really lazy to get back on defense....Nash,Gasol,Howard,jamison really lazy to get back on defense
    It's not that their lazy, turnovers usually lead to fast breaks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post

One thing I will say that he didn't say is that the level of panic in the Laker's fan base is utterly embarrassing, and gives every other team ammunition to claim that we don't know a damn thing about basketball, let alone winning basketball. Like rich kids who don't know how to take a crap without the maid wiping their ***** Laker fans are whining about what they feel they're entitled to when the whole point about the greatness of the franchise is that they earn their rings.

Suck it up, get your game face on, and stop believing that some last-minute addition to the roster that we bring in at the vet minimum is going to change the world.
    I'm not overly worried actually. I thought the one game when everyone played they looked dominating for a short period of time but they just have not been able to sustain any kind of consistency in play. Which is understandable. I just have some questions in terms of the team's potential in regards to outside shooting and if the offense they are running is ideal for the team.

I have witnessed teams first hand start a season with either a new offense or defense and it not work in Phoenix. In these cases the mistake was not fixed until the next season. And wasting one season with this team could be really bad. Dwight might leave and Kobe/Nash have very little time left.

Anyway, the freaking out is pretty lame but questioning some things about the team is legitimate.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakers4life08 View Post
    Nash did not play in the second half when you saw all those 3/4/5 on 1's. The players really gave up in that 3rd quarter for some reason.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Moves03 View Post
    It's not that their lazy, turnovers usually lead to fast breaks.
    Normally you are right but that 3rd quarter they stopped trying after 2 or 3 fast breaks in a row by the Kings. You can always tell that one team is playing harder if the fast break is 3 or 4 on 1. Always.

vCash

vCash
    u dont got this.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    u dont got this.
    Pretty sure they do.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    oh god, we're horrible in the pre-season...
    look at browns history, he's always been bad in the pre-season, this is the time you try stuff.

btw, Dwight has always been a turnover machine, it has nothing to do with Brown, turnovers have nothing to do with the coach, the players are the ones with the ball.

the players shoot the ball, dribble the ball, pass the ball. Quit trying to find a scapegoat, Phil got SWEPT in a most embarrassing way before he left, it's the players, not the coach.
    Have to agree.. Again it's only preseason ball and the Lakers shouldn't push the aged starters or anyone else for that matter just to sit out the entire regular season due to a preseason game injury.. That being said, this team will be ugly for the first half of the season and there's just nothing you or I can do about it.. Hopefully the transition period won't be that long but it is entirely possible.. New offense, new players, new mentalities, there's just a lot to absorb and regardless of what anyone says, it's a team game and until they figure each other out they will be a bunch of future hall of famers and minimum waged bench players trying figure all of this out.. I think once they get it they will be a scary unit..

vCash

In a nutshell, This...!!! Well said and agree..

vCash

First of all - the fanbase ISNT panicing. The VAST majority of fans thinks this team is going to be FINE and that the preseason means NOTHING.

Look at the majority of posts - look at what people are saying....

The only one worried about this season appears to be me....

I really dont care what anyone says at this point. No one can argue the facts. Here are the facts:

The Lakers starting 5 might be the oldest in the league. This means a higher likelihood of one or more of them getting injured at some point in the season.

Fact 2: Anyone that steps in to fill an injury SUCKS

The Lakers surely have one of the 3 worst benches in the NBA - possibly the worst. The secret to Lakers b2b recently was their bench. Lamar Odom, MBenga, Sasha, Farmar etc. OUr bench was young, athletic, and talented.

I'm not saying the Lakers are going to miss the playoffs or anything:

Im predicting they lose in 5 games to the Thunder in the WCF

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast