Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Problems*

vCash

Top Problems*

Yes I know only pre season I get it ... But if you are a basketball fan or a lakers fan you would understand that we are getting Smacked around not just losing... but it's okay as long as we are improving which is not happening 23+ turnovers Per Game is way too much... Especially when the other team is scoring off of them..NOTHING should be easy

My concerns are...

*Mike brown... Great assistant and defensive coach ... Brain shaw shoulda been coach. Mike brown is not a good in game adjustment coach at all..

*Bench I mean come on with this Steve Blake experiment seriously ... He's garbage ... Jamison has not yet found his rhythm ill give it time and Ebanks is good but I believe that CDR woulda been the better choice behind metta... The guy can score and play too bad we let him go.
    Jamison and Meeks need to step up!!!

* age our starting line up is freaking ancient ... don't get me wrong we have 4 players at the top of their positions but did you see how much quicker everyone else is?? Especially other guards just kill us... The older we are the more injury prone this team becomes ...

*Princeton offense idk if this is the right offense with this group ... A lot of movement cuts all that it's going to make our team tired
    From running around all game ... I believe the triangle woulda been better
    After all we did win 5 rings sense Phil Jackson installed it...why change something successful ??

Positive players

Jodi Meeks finally getting off kinda
    Ebanks playing a lil better
    Robert sacre I like him a lot
    Howard playing without any setbacks
    Hill is playing very well

Negative players

Steve Blake doing nothing
    Jamison is lost out there but ill give him time

Over all it's kinda what I expected and probably we will lose some games at the start ... But as long as we are learning and gettin better that's all that matters ...

Lakers all the way tho ... The good the bad and the ****ing ugly ... But its my team. waiting for that first game 1-0 ill say

vCash
    You're Welcome.

vCash
    am i the only one who thinks sacre is kinda doo doo? buuuttttttt, I guess he'll have to doo...

doo
    This is all very funny.

Follow me on Twitter @KnowNameGuy

vCash
    <3

lakers4sho | Chavacano | EricBallsachs | Avenged24 | still1ballin | GREATNESS ONE | Chacarron
    LakersMaster24 | KB-Pau-DH2012 | 8kobe24 | championships | Lakers+Giants | LakerShow
    AussieLaker | YouCan'tBeatLA

vCash
    I am going to keep saying it. Inject some youth in the starting five to help the age legs in transition on both ends. Add a difference maker to the bench. Kobe and Nash is one of if not the oldest back court. IMO brown need to get creative and not do the obvious. Swap Ebanks and Artest. They should also take a look at D West if his head is right because meeks look like a spot up shooter at best.
    Last edited by ldawg; 10-26-2012 at 07:06 AM.

vCash
    0-8 and if you add summer league to that its just not preseason its a trend. It reflects how your bench and younger players stack up with the rest.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ldawg View Post
    I am going to keep saying it. Inject some youth in the starting five to help the age legs in transition on both ends. Add a difference maker to the bench. Kobe and Nash is one of if not the oldest back court. IMO brown need to get creative and not do the obvious. Swap Ebanks and Artest. They should also take a look at D West if his head is right because meeks look like a spot up shooter at best.
    Would love this, he's a quality player who can create for others and get space for himself. Not entirely efficient but still could be worth it for vet min.

vCash
    I don't know where the Steve Blake negativity is coming from. He's a solid defender and has been shooting pretty well. He'll never burst to the hole for layups or get 5+ FT's per game but he does a solid job. It doesn't help he's been in with most of the reserves the last 2 years. Put him in with Kobe and Dwight + Meeks and Jamison for spacing and that's good use of 2nd unit.

Use Nash and Pau together with Hill at 4, Artest/Ebanks at 3, Meeks/Ebanks at 2.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by thenaj17 View Post
    I don't know where the Steve Blake negativity is coming from. He's a solid defender and has been shooting pretty well. He'll never burst to the hole for layups or get 5+ FT's per game but he does a solid job. It doesn't help he's been in with most of the reserves the last 2 years. Put him in with Kobe and Dwight + Meeks and Jamison for spacing and that's good use of 2nd unit.

Use Nash and Pau together with Hill at 4, Artest/Ebanks at 3, Meeks/Ebanks at 2.
    im sorry i havent been on that steve blake bandwagon and never will. he is not good he is not an NBA player.... i bet a lot of NBA D league players are way better. this guy cant do anything or even defend.. its just we dont have any other options

vCash
    You guys should sign delonte west, the mavs are about to release him.

vCash
    Another panic thread. This team will be fine. Injuries have been the problem. Once healthy this they will have the time to master the offense ands learn how to play together. It will take time. New players new coaches new offense. As long as they are humming by the playoffs. I wonder if any team has gone winless in pre season and gone on to win the championship.
    Last edited by kendodgerfan; 10-26-2012 at 10:02 AM.

vCash
    Its the Preseason..... Nobody tries n the preseason except bottom feeder teams. You think the Lakers care about the Kings or Warriors? Kobe, Metta, Nash, Pau, and Dwight played one game together. What you are seeing is a couple starters and the rest bench players playing against starting fives. Enough with these problem threads. Yes they have problems, but you crying about it wont change anything.

vCash
    I honestly think a quick PG to back up Nash would be sufficient. Imagine if Sessions would have stayed to play back up. The Lakers would have been better off. But if you think about Sac, you have a speedy mini in Thomas and then Aaron Brooks off the bench? That's two fast quick guards (even though Brooks didn't do squat last night).

We need a fast, quick, PG off the bench to match the other quick guards. I think DJO should have gotten more of an opportunity.
    LINSANITY

vCash
    oh god, we're horrible in the pre-season...
    look at browns history, he's always been bad in the pre-season, this is the time you try stuff.

btw, Dwight has always been a turnover machine, it has nothing to do with Brown, turnovers have nothing to do with the coach, the players are the ones with the ball.

the players shoot the ball, dribble the ball, pass the ball. Quit trying to find a scapegoat, Phil got SWEPT in a most embarrassing way before he left, it's the players, not the coach.
    Last edited by Tymathee; 10-26-2012 at 12:33 PM.

This is how we do it! I still believe

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tymathee View Post
    oh god, we're horrible in the pre-season...
    look at browns history, he's always been bad in the pre-season, this is the time you try stuff.

btw, Dwight has always been a turnover machine, it has nothing to do with Brown, turnovers have nothing to do with the coach, the players are the ones with the ball.

the players shoot the ball, dribble the ball, pass the ball. Quit trying to find a scapegoat, Phil got SWEPT in a most embarrassing way before he left, it's the players, not the coach.
    Brown is the problem some of the turnover comes from the bad plays he want the lakers to execute. 0-8 is a problem with all this talent there is no other reason why lakers when 0-8 except bad coaching.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast