31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nicks & Cruz

6 19.35%
  • White & Jones

25 80.65%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Nicks & Cruz vs White & Jones

There’s a war of words brewing between two of the NFL’s best wide receivers.

Atlanta’s Roddy White was asked in an NFL Network interview whether he and Julio Jones are a better duo than Giants receivers Victor Cruz and Hakeem Nicks, and in answering the question White took a little bit of a shot at Cruz.

“Victor Cruz is a lot more of a slot receiver; the big boys play on the outside,” White said.

That’s far from the worst trash talk we’ve ever heard, but when Cruz was told about it he didn’t take kindly to it.

“I couldn’t care less about what anybody else has to say,” Cruz told the Star-Ledger. “I got a ring back at home. I don’t care about what Roddy White has to say.”

White believes the Falcons have the best pair of receivers in the league.

“The thing that me and [Julio Jones] bring to the game, we’re probably the best duo in the league right now,” White said.

Cruz sounds satisfied enough about having a ring that he’s willing to let White go ahead and keep thinking that.
    Who's the better duo and why?
    Super Bowl Champions
    "WE'RE ALL IN"

vCash
    I've got White and Jones.

vCash
    white and jones are better, BUT i'd take cruz and nicks if we are giving upo the same things each team got to get them. A first rounder and nothing is better than a first rounder and half a draft class
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals

vCash
    I'll take White and Jones for sure.

vCash
    I agree with white... the big boys play on the outside

vCash
    definitely white and jones imo

vCash
    I agree about White and Jones, but it has nothing to do with the fact that Cruz plays the slot. Cruz's ability to play the slot is what makes him so dynamic. He is the most versatile WR in the NFL. He can move all around the field...in the slot and the outside. The guy is an absolute matchup nightmare.

Roddy White is a moron who says moronic things.

If Nicks wasn't so injury prone, it would be very, very close. Thats the main reason why I got White and Jones ranked ahead of Nicks and Cruz...because of durability...or lack there of when it comes to Nicks.

Anyway, Roddy White is a moron, but I agree that he and Jones are the best WR duo in the league right now.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 09-29-2012 at 04:38 PM.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Harvin is the most versatile receiver in the NFL..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    This.

I'd take Roddy/Julio without a doubt in my mind. They're the best duo in the league bafar.

Brandin Cooks
    Future Baltimore Raven

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramon Nivar View Post
    Maybe so, but thats debatable.

Cruz has continuosly shown the ability to play the outside and beat corners down the field, and beat the press. Just look at his 80 yard TD in week 2 against Tampa Bay as an example.

He has also shown to be a guy who can out jump defenders for the football. Just look at his catch in week 3 against the Eagles last year when he jumped over both Aso and the safety to come down with the ball, or in week 17 against Dallas last year when he made a 50 yard catch while simply leaping up and snatching the ball over the defender.

He obviously has also shown exceptional skills in the slot, and exceptional playmaking after making the catch (YAC).

Cruz can get behind the defense, leap above defenders to snag a jump ball, cause mismatches in the slot, and make big plays with his feet after making the catch. The guy can play anywhere on the field and run any route in the playbook.

I don't watch Harvin play much, but has he shown to be this versatile? I know he is a stud at YAC, and he certainly can kill it in the slot. I also imagine that he can get behind a defense, but I must say that I have never seen him leap over defenders and snag the ball in mid air quite like I have seen Cruz do so.

1500 yards speaks for itself. Cruz is the most versatile WR in the game and Eli knows how to use him to his advantage.
    Last edited by Wrigheyes4MVP; 09-29-2012 at 06:41 PM.
    DUDA

Quote Originally Posted by VendettaRed07 View Post
    noah is gonna be a beast man.

with him and harvey, its like were gonna have Goku and Vegetta in the same rotation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post

Cruz has continuosly shown the ability to play the outside and beat corners down the field, and beat the press. Just look at his 80 yard TD in week 2 against Tampa Bay as an example.

He has also shown to be a guy who can out jump defenders for the football. Just look at his catch in week 3 against the Eagles last year when he jumped over both Aso and the safety to come down with the ball, or in week 17 against Dallas last year when he made a 50 yard catch while simply leaping up and snatching the ball over the defender.

He obviously has also shown exceptional skills in the slot, and exceptional playmaking after making the catch (YAC).

Cruz can get behind the defense, leap above defenders to snag a jump ball, cause mismatches in the slot, and make big plays with his feet after making the catch. The guy can play anywhere on the field and run any route in the playbook.

I don't watch Harvin play much, but has he shown to be this versatile? I know he is a stud at YAC, and he certainly can kill it in the slot. I also imagine that he can get behind a defense, but I must say that I have never seen him leap over defenders and snag the ball in mid air quite like I have seen Cruz do so.

1500 yards speaks for itself. Cruz is the most versatile WR in the game and Eli knows how to use him to his advantage.
    Everything you listed for cruz, Calvin Johnson does as well... Out jump defenders? Check, Beat the press? Check, Play the slot? Check, YAC? Check. and that goes for a BUNCH of wideouts, Not trying to be a homer and just bring up calvin.

Does cruz return punts? Kicks?

Id go with Harvin or A.Brown TBH

vCash
    However Roddy is talking a lot of smack.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrigheyes4MVP View Post

TBH everything you're saying Cruz does so do a lot of receivers. As mentioned above, Calvin does it and Larry Fitzgerald does it too. Harvin plays out of the backfield, runs (reverses, on the goalline, behind a FB, etc) and does everything else. He lines up anywhere on a team, runs any route and will do anything from a deep pass to a screen to everywhere in between. Harvin does everything a receiver can conceivably do and does it very well. He plays with power and speed, something else that Cruz doesn't do to his extent. Cruz can do a lot and do it well, that is what makes him a great receiver. With that said, he is not the most versatile receiver.

vCash
    Id rather have Nicks and Cruz on my team tbh
    'Cause my life is dope, and I do dope shi*

vCash
    Harvin definitely most versatile.. He was coming out of college
    Super Bowl Champions
    "WE'RE ALL IN"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast