Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Jared Cook requests trade

TE Jared Cook has requested to be traded from the team ahead of Tuesday's trade deadline.

Update:
    The trade deadline is Tuesday and there might be a tight end on the market for any team looking to pick one up for the second half.

Jim Wyatt of the Tennessean reports that “indications” are Titans tight end Jared Cook has requested a trade away from the team. Cook is making $615,000 in the final year of the deal he signed after being drafted with the 89th pick of the 2009 draft.

Wyatt points out that Cook has played on less than 50 percent of the team’s snaps in four of the Titans’ eight games this season. He’s also been an infrequent target in the passing game, although he was in position to make a game-winning catch in the final moments of regulation in Sunday’s overtime loss to the Colts. Matt Hasselbeck overthrew Cook, though, and the Colts won the game on their first possession of the extra period.

Cook has 28 catches for 373 yards on the year, putting him on pace for a less productive year than many predicted for the tight end coming into the year. While another team might think they could make better use of a player that’s flashed some potential, it’s hard to imagine that they’ll pay up enough to make it worth it for the Titans to pull the trigger before the deadline on Tuesday.
    Any ideas on where he could possibly go? Or if they bother trading him?
    Last edited by HaruSoul; 10-29-2012 at 03:06 PM.

Washington needs one.

Look!! You can see the exact moment his little heart breaks =)

Who is he?

Carson, trust me, even if you turn out to be a really bad QB, BDawk4Prez will always defend you on PSD.

Bears should JUMP on this

The bears and their fans want all the free agents they can get their hands on

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese21 View Post
    The bears and their fans want all the free agents they can get their hands on
    If it helps the team yes. We need a pass catching TE real bad.
    MUST BE REAL BAD TO BRING ME BACK

Who?

But what does he cook?

#QWiNNING

Quote Originally Posted by Giants #1 Fan View Post
    Who?
    Very athletic, big, talented TE, underused in TN. Could potentially be an impact player in a different system.

Talented TE for the Titans, he could definitely be a difference maker somewhere.

Lol I honestly have never heard of him

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteWesWelker View Post
    Very athletic, big, talented TE, underused in TN. Could potentially be an impact player in a different system.
    This^

A TE who is 1 1/2 inches shorter than Gronk but has a bigger arm length, faster 40-yard dash, 10 yard split and so forth. His vert is 41 inches (Gronk's is 33 1/4) and they have the same hand size.

I'm using Gronk as a physical example because he's probably the best TE in the league. Cook does lack the huge play ability that Gronk has, at least so far in his career, but physically alone Cook potentially could be one of the best TEs in the league.

If I was Miami I'd seriously considered it with all the draft picks we have stored up.

Bears have the worst TEs in the league, and it's not even close.

Rams make sense, since Fisher drafted him. I would like another TE on the Niners as well.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast