14. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like it, we need front court depth

9 64.29%
  • I hate it, Curry sucks and hasn't done anything in this league

5 35.71%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thumper 88 View Post
    We already know this will not be our year... Let's just ride this out and trust cubes maybe this is the only option left....
    If we know this isn't our year...that's EXACTLY why this move makes no sense. The ONLY reason to sign Fisher is if you feel he's what you need to push your team over the top (though I have no clue why the Thunder thought that way...considering he's ****ing terrible and has always been ****ing terrible). If it's not your year, then play the young guys and if they don't work...who gives a ****? It wasn't your year! You get a good draft pick and you don't have Derek Fisher on your team. Both good things.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

vCash
    Agreed.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    But we already have people on our team to spread the floor (Crowder, Mayo, hell, I'd even take Murphy over Fisher).
    Yeah but Roddy sucks (hate to say it), and DoJo is only good in games where he can run a lot in (vs bad defensive teams).

It's painful to watch them both play big minutes at PG to be completely honest. Fisher isn't great, but at least he knows how to play the position.

Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

vCash
    Maybe the Mavs should get Robert Horry, Glenn Rice out of retirement lol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0-X1-vebW8

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skizzik View Post
    If we know this isn't our year...that's EXACTLY why this move makes no sense. The ONLY reason to sign Fisher is if you feel he's what you need to push your team over the top (though I have no clue why the Thunder thought that way...considering he's ****ing terrible and has always been ****ing terrible). If it's not your year, then play the young guys and if they don't work...who gives a ****? It wasn't your year! You get a good draft pick and you don't have Derek Fisher on your team. Both good things.
    I think It is about pushing the team to the play offs ,not like I think Fisher makes a difference

NATALIA SIWIEC

vCash
    Thank god Troy Murphy is off the team. I couldn't stand him. He played with no emotion or heart and was a very bad shooter and average rebounder for us. AKA a scrub.
    Last edited by asmarks18; 11-29-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    @asmarks18
    Texas Rangers
    St. Louis Cardinals
    Dallas Cowboys
    St. Louis Rams
    Dallas Mavericks
    St. Louis Blues
    Texas Tech

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asmarks18 View Post
    Thank god Troy Murphy is off the team. I couldn't stand him. He played with no emotion or heart and was a very bad shooter and average rebounder for us. AKA a scrub.
    This I agree with. James + Wright > Murphy.

Dallas Mavericks GM
    2000-2001 - 50-32 (Conf. Semis)
    2001-2002 - 54-28 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2002-2003 - 63-19 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2003-2004 - 63-19 *Division Champs (Conf. Finals)
    2004-2005 - 70-12 *Division Champs (Conf. Semis)
    2005-2006 - 23-59
    2006-2007 - 18-64
    2007-2008 - 47-35
    2008-2009 - 49-33
    2009-2010 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Finals)
    2010-2011 - 61-22 *Division Champs (NBA Champs!)

vCash
    fisher? noooooooo give our rookies all minutes ....
    murphy hmm hope james get more minutes

Andrew Graham:
    "Dallas not a playoff team?? Dirk, Dwight and 13 Adam Morrisons would make the playoffs. "

What do the Mavs say???

vCash
    Fish, Shaq, Horry and Dirk would run the whole league lol jk
    Hello Mr Crowder

vCash
    At least franchise is reacting, trying to change the course.... this doesn't implement that I can comprehend their choices.

vCash

Great move

First time poster, usually just read this board, but the uniformly negative response to this signing made me register to add my two cents:

I've seen all of Dallas' games this year and it's been painfully obvious the team desperatly needs a floor leader. The poor decisions by Collison and Jones have been a disaster.

Lately, I've found myself wishing the Mavs had a veteran point, thinking how copetitive this years team would have been with Kidd + Nowitski. And this is coming from someone who was really high on Collison joining the team, and agter his play in the first couple of games

Fisher is a player who has astonished my so many times with his clutch shooting - last time being last year's playoff-series against the Mavs. The guy is just a pain to see on the oposite team. You just know he will nail the dagger.

He's a solid defender too and a good floor leader. Exactly what the Mavs need. And YES, the MAvs can win this year - if Fisher and Nowitski blends in time.

Very happy about this as there was NO way the Mavs could win this year without a savvy point guard who makes the right decisions in the clutch.

With the fantastic defender Dahntay Jones is, and with Mayo playing well, and if they can involve Matrix more like they have been doing lately, this is really starting to look interesting.

Keep the faith!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kxstrough View Post
    First time poster, usually just read this board, but the uniformly negative response to this signing made me register to add my two cents:

I've seen all of Dallas' games this year and it's been painfully obvious the team desperatly needs a floor leader. The poor decisions by Collison and Jones have been a disaster.

Lately, I've found myself wishing the Mavs had a veteran point, thinking how copetitive this years team would have been with Kidd + Nowitski. And this is coming from someone who was really high on Collison joining the team, and agter his play in the first couple of games

Fisher is a player who has astonished my so many times with his clutch shooting - last time being last year's playoff-series against the Mavs. The guy is just a pain to see on the oposite team. You just know he will nail the dagger.

He's a solid defender too and a good floor leader. Exactly what the Mavs need. And YES, the MAvs can win this year - if Fisher and Nowitski blends in time.

Very happy about this as there was NO way the Mavs could win this year without a savvy point guard who makes the right decisions in the clutch.

With the fantastic defender Dahntay Jones is, and with Mayo playing well, and if they can involve Matrix more like they have been doing lately, this is really starting to look interesting.

Keep the faith!
    Welcome man, hope to see you post often and keep active.

It's cool you've been able to watch each game this season, as have I and this team has struggled mightily since the 4-1 start.

Even if Fisher and Dirk play great when Dirk returns it won't be enough to win a title. The West is too strong right now with the Spurs, Thunder, Grizz and Lakers. Not to mention teams like the Clippers, Nuggets and other teams currently who feel like they are def better than Dallas...Wolves, Warriors, Jazz, maybe Rockets.

The Mavs would need to add another borderline all-star player or better to Dirk, Mayo and Kaman to really have a chance to truly compete.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by kxstrough View Post
    The poor decisions by Collison and Jones have been a disaster.

He's a solid defender too and a good floor leader. Exactly what the Mavs need.
    First...what games have you been watching? Jones has been making fantastic plays to open his teammates up. The knock on Jones is that his shooting sucks terribly. A disaster? Really? Collison also has not been a DISASTER. He just forces too much. But he does have a PER over league average and has been crucial to a number of our wins.

Calling Derek Fisher a solid defender means you've never watched him. No stats will back that up, no eye test will back that up. Fisher is a notoriously terrible defender, especially the last few years. I could link stats, I could link videos, I could link articles, I could find some Lakers/Thunder fans for you. All will point to the same thing, Fisher is a horrible defender. Period. He is probably the absolute easiest point guard to drive on in the entire league. He was never fast and his age has only made him slower. Real point guards eat him alive.

Last...who cares how clutch the guy is. The fact of the matter is, even if he was the greatest shooter in the history of the game with the last shot (which he isn't), he still sucked the entire rest of the game. This guy is horrible in nearly every statistical category outside of 3 point percentage. And the last thing we need is another guy jacking more three pointers. We're not getting to the line and we're not attacking the basket. And if you just need him to hit a last shot, bench him the rest of the game and stretch him out with like 5 minutes to go so he can hit that last shot. Because there is absolutely no stat or proof that Fisher is anything other than terrible as a player, period. Once again, this is a guy who's NEVER been a league average player...EVER. He's terrible.
    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."
    Dr. Seuss

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456