Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How interested are you in playing a game of forum 5-on-5?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very interested! I would definitely come.

5 26.32%
  • Interested. It depends upon the details.

9 47.37%
  • Not interested. Too much work/not my thing.

0 0%
  • Stupid idea. Close this thread.

1 5.26%
  • Minnesota is too far away. Don't leave me out of the poll!

4 21.05%
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    Yeah, I was too. I had never been alone with a baby in my life, and then 'POOF' there he was. Once you figure out how tough they really are, and how hard it is to do any real damage, it gets easier. When he was a little over a month, my wife had to go to out of town for a week, and it was like baby boot camp for me. By the end, I was cranking out bottles (mixed em al in the morning ahead of time), doing laundry like clockwork, and singing him to sleep like an old pro. (when she came back I slept for a couple days straight though.) Like anything else that's worth doing, it ain't easy, but it is awesome. I am excited for you and wish you the best.

It only seems like 5 years to those of you who have had to endure my 1,000+ posts. For those who had the wisdom and foresight to block me, it probably only seems like a year, maybe 14 months.
    Thanks brother. Congrats on you big 1000 post milestone!

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

a) their - stands for "belonging to them"
    b) there - means "over there" as in location
    c) they're - short for "they are"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigus Dogus View Post
    Yeah, I was too. I had never been alone with a baby in my life, and then 'POOF' there he was. Once you figure out how tough they really are, and how hard it is to do any real damage, it gets easier. When he was a little over a month, my wife had to go to out of town for a week, and it was like baby boot camp for me. By the end, I was cranking out bottles (mixed em al in the morning ahead of time), doing laundry like clockwork, and singing him to sleep like an old pro. (when she came back I slept for a couple days straight though.) Like anything else that's worth doing, it ain't easy, but it is awesome. I am excited for you and wish you the best.

It only seems like 5 years to those of you who have had to endure my 1,000+ posts. For those who had the wisdom and foresight to block me, it probably only seems like a year, maybe 14 months.
    I can honestly say, you are probably the funniest person on this site at times. You disappeared in the offseason, but now that the season is up and going, I look forward to talking with you again.

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hawkeye15 View Post
    I can honestly say, you are probably the funniest person on this site at times. You disappeared in the offseason, but now that the season is up and going, I look forward to talking with you again.
    Thanks guys. I didn't disappear, I just read more and wrote less. I didn't watch enough college bb to comment on the draft, and I did t have a lot to add in FA. But now that the ball is in the air again things are back on like donkey kong.

vCash
    I just realized topdog misunderstood "getting together for a game," as getting together for a game of pickup.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I just realized topdog misunderstood "getting together for a game," as getting together for a game of pickup.
    You just realized that? I got that after Tony's first post. Actually, I thought both ideas had been floated out there. I think pick-up is both more interesting and easier logistically - we all would have to get tickets in the same area for a game and stadium seating isn't very conducive for discussion between a group of 6-12 people.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    You just realized that? I got that after Tony's first post. Actually, I thought both ideas had been floated out there. I think pick-up is both more interesting and easier logistically - we all would have to get tickets in the same area for a game and stadium seating isn't very conducive for discussion between a group of 6-12 people.
    I havent been following this thread much, cause I dont think I would be able to make it.

A pick up game would be kind of cool too though, although, I havent played competitively in about 9 years, and havent played at all in about 7 years, and have become kind of fat since then.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PurpleJesus View Post
    I havent been following this thread much, cause I dont think I would be able to make it.

A pick up game would be kind of cool too though, although, I havent played competitively in about 9 years, and havent played at all in about 7 years, and have become kind of fat since then.
    Another benefit of pick-up over a Wolves game is that not everyone has to commit. If for some reason you find yourself in Minnesota when we have the date, then you'd just have to find us and we could sub you in. (We need 6-8 people who promise to show up)

Pretty much everyone in here would get beat by a high school JV team and would only beat a grade school team because of size. So, mainly it's just a way to get together and do something a lot of guys here rarely if ever do nowadays.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by topdog View Post
    Another benefit of pick-up over a Wolves game is that not everyone has to commit. If for some reason you find yourself in Minnesota when we have the date, then you'd just have to find us and we could sub you in. (We need 6-8 people who promise to show up)

Pretty much everyone in here would get beat by a high school JV team and would only beat a grade school team because of size. So, mainly it's just a way to get together and do something a lot of guys here rarely if ever do nowadays.
    I just pictured myself backing down a 4th grader like I was The Diesel, turning with my elbow high and knocking the living **** out of him. Of course, I'd have to lay it in versus ripping the board down.

vCash
    I will be up Tue-Sun over thanksgiving. I rarely get to see my family, so I am not going to do a long drive, but can we play a pickup game in the Minneapolis area (prefer the west side, or within 15 miles of city limit), on Friday or something?

If you want the ultimate, you've got to be willing to pay the ultimate price. It's not tragic to die doing what you love.

vCash
    disclaimer: I am 37, and suck now hahaha

vCash
    I'm in, since I have Thanksgiving Friday off. Not sure if my back will let me play, but i'll give it a go.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

vCash
    Honestly, I will try. I will be up there over Christmas too, and that one may be easier, because my brother is headed to Penn with his girlfriend, and one of my sisters to Kansas with her husband, and my Dad won't be there. Basically, EVERYONE in the family is coming for thanksgiving, while only my Mom and baby sister will be there over Christmas.

vCash
    I would play if we set a date, or meet up for a game since I have season tickets. I am 21 and don't have too bad of a back. A nasty shot though

vCash

November 23rd @...

That's the date Hawk can make if we can figure out a time and place. Please provide your input/suggestions on a time and location (must be west metro/Minneapolis area).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burrzy View Post
    I would play if we set a date, or meet up for a game since I have season tickets. I am 21 and don't have too bad of a back. A nasty shot though
    You'd sure hope you don't have a bad back at 21... Army killed mine.

PSD Grammar Lesson #1:

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast